LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Big Game Hunting - 2013

Old 09-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #61
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
After getting greedy during elk season and coming up empty handed, I decided a fork was good enough for opening day deer season.

Edit:
Old 09-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #62
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Nice blacktail bobert
Old 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #63
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Early rifle deer season opens here tomorrow. It is a madhouse around here.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #64
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Early rifle deer season opens here tomorrow. It is a madhouse around here.
I hear ya, muzzy elk starts tomorrow and holy hell someone opened to the flood gates of clowns
Old 10-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #65
JBS4X4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
JBS4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
I hear ya, muzzy elk starts tomorrow and holy hell someone opened to the flood gates of clowns
It was a mad house out there. Heard a lot of "people" trying to call those bulls in. I just had to LAUGH!!!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #66
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We didn't have as many yoyo's doing that sort of stuff as in the years past although the road hunters were out in numbers!! We camp at a dead end and just laughed at all the people driving by only to turn back around 2-3 minutes later.

You have any success tacokid?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #67

Got a spike and my dad shot over the back of a 5 x 1, sucks..
Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #68
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Man my hunt was a work out. I was in Utah hunting antlerless Elk came up on a nice Bull with 4 cows they walked right up to me. At about 50 yards I took a shot on one of the cows and hit her low in the front shoulder my scope was loose on the rails and i didn't notice it until that night. Needless to say she ran and ran and ran!!!! I tracked blood for about 7 or 8 miles over mountains all damn day. And I was just pushing her she was one step ahead of me all day. I took a hour brake to see if she would bed down and die. That didn't do anything but put me further back on the blood trail. At the end of the day the blood thinned to a few drops and it was getting dark so we called it a night. We went out the next morning to hunt the same area and track her but she was long gone. I never seen her again No Elk in my freezer this year
Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Man my hunt was a work out. I was in Utah hunting antlerless Elk came up on a nice Bull with 4 cows they walked right up to me. At about 50 yards I took a shot on one of the cows and hit her low in the front shoulder my scope was loose on the rails and i didn't notice it until that night. Needless to say she ran and ran and ran!!!! I tracked blood for about 7 or 8 miles over mountains all damn day. And I was just pushing her she was one step ahead of me all day. I took a hour brake to see if she would bed down and die. That didn't do anything but put me further back on the blood trail. At the end of the day the blood thinned to a few drops and it was getting dark so we called it a night. We went out the next morning to hunt the same area and track her but she was long gone. I never seen her again No Elk in my freezer this year
That sucks man, but props to you for putting in the time and effort to try and find her. A lot of guys around here would have called it quits after an hour.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #70
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Damn shame, I woulda figured low in the front shoulder should still have enough of a shockwave to turn her heart into mush
Old 10-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #71
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Damn shame, I woulda figured low in the front shoulder should still have enough of a shockwave to turn her heart into mush
You would think right! there was meat hanging on branches that she passed. i dont know how she was still running after all that blood she lost!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #72
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sucks man, but props to you for putting in the time and effort to try and find her. A lot of guys around here would have called it quits after an hour.
Yeah i felt bad stopping when i did my uncle and grandfather made me call it i was braking out the head lamps.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #73
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Guess who decided to show up on the farm today. *sigh*

Old 10-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #74

Marines:
I spy at least 1 spike 5 cows up from the back
Old 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #75
Rednecks with paychecks
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Goin bear huntin in NC this comin Wednesday thru Monday
Old 10-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #76
Toy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shaun
Toy_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Got my first bull yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Game Hunting - 2013-image.jpg  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #77

Marines:
Congrats Shaun!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #78
JBS4X4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
JBS4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy_Yota View Post
Got my first bull yesterday.
Nice bull man!!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #79
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Season opens tomorrow...
I'll be in Salt Lake City for work until Thursday. Good thing I have all next week off.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #80
I'm your huckleberry

9 days of hunting, saw 16 bucks. One I thought worth taking, but a pickup busted him out of where he was as we were trying to get closer. My dad got a decent 4 point that had been fighting. He is busted up on his right side, and had scars all over his face.