Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Big Game Hunting - 2013

Old 08-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Big Game Hunting - 2013

Who's going hunting this year and for what!?!

I have a bow hunt for elk in September that I trying to get in shape for, also have a mule deer hunt in October. Both here in New Mexico.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
you drew a NM elk tag? what unit buddy? sept? so archery!!

i donate annually hoping for 36 or 34.

me. local california deer tag. pig tag
texas mule deer hunt in nov.
AZ couse deer hunt january. hopefully. brother might be doing shoulder surgery.

all archery for me.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
All archery for me here in PA. Scoutin for some big whitetails and waitin for the season to kick in here shortly!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
I got my doe/buck tag in last night.. w00t

Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
My bag is packed. I ordered a Kifaru hunting pack but it won't ship on time. If I kill a deer. I am gonna have to get creative.

Big Game Hunting - 2013-imageuploadedbytapatalk1375979477.111915.jpg
Old 08-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
you drew a NM elk tag? what unit buddy? sept? so archery!!

i donate annually hoping for 36 or 34.

me. local california deer tag. pig tag
texas mule deer hunt in nov.
AZ couse deer hunt january. hopefully. brother might be doing shoulder surgery.

all archery for me.
Yup it's the second bow hunt in unit 6c. It's gonna be awesome and with the weather we've been having here I think the bulls are going to be rutting hard!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Good luck. I can't seem to draw a tag.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Leave for a week to get a moose and a caribou hopefully.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Ben where ya going for some caribou? I'll be hitting the Denali highway for some in a few weeks.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
this is my first deer season. Got my bow a couple weeks ago and I've been practicing. Bow season opens in Maryland on 9/6.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Archery elk starts in 10 days. Been eyeing this guy all summer. Hopefully he's on my parent's place in next week and a half.

Then centerfire deer season in October.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #12
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
That's a gorgeous elk. Good luck with it.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #13
good luck!!

i'd arrow any one of those elk.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8 days till season and he's back on the property, minus his velvet. Makes me nervous to have them on the place this close to season. Almost perfect timing for them to move on to a neighbor's place right around opening day.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
8 days till season and he's back on the property, minus his velvet. Makes me nervous to have them on the place this close to season. Almost perfect timing for them to move on to a neighbor's place right around opening day.
Bulls are weird man, It seems like when the velvet's gone they will move off. He may be young enough still to hang around.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Bulls are weird man, It seems like when the velvet's gone they will move off. He may be young enough still to hang around.
The branch bulls from this herd got real weird several weeks back. They broke off from the herd and spent a couple solid weeks in that field by themselves. Didn't see the cows anywhere for awhile, but now they are on the place and he's the only bull with them. The other two branch bulls are nowhere in sight. Still plenty of spikes mixed in with the herd to choose from though.

Gah! First bow season, so its all sorts of extra anticipation. It will definitely be nice having an almost month long season versus the 4 days for centerfire whether or not that bull takes off.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
The branch bulls from this herd got real weird several weeks back. They broke off from the herd and spent a couple solid weeks in that field by themselves. Didn't see the cows anywhere for awhile, but now they are on the place and he's the only bull with them. The other two branch bulls are nowhere in sight. Still plenty of spikes mixed in with the herd to choose from though.

Gah! First bow season, so its all sorts of extra anticipation. It will definitely be nice having an almost month long season versus the 4 days for centerfire whether or not that bull takes off.
I've seen bulls like that stay with cows until the rut, you may get a chance at him!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogTacoma View Post
this is my first deer season. Got my bow a couple weeks ago and I've been practicing. Bow season opens in Maryland on 9/6.
Good Luck! Your gonna stay hooked!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #19

This is one big guy I've been watching all summer.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #20

All three branch bulls where back in the herd the other day. Four days till season!