Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

so my gun permit hasnt come in yet..what do I do?

Old 03-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
lol, yea, it is b/c some idiot blew up a gas station and killed a bunch of people, b/c he didn't understand you have to put the gas pump back after you finish filling up.

Your PD is probably way behind on applications and can't keep up with what the law requires. I know people here in SC that applied back in the first of Nov. 08 and are still waiting. I applied in Jan. and still sit here.
i think he's talking about a permit to purchase a handgun...whereas you can go out and buy one right now sans permit...
Old 03-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #22
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
thank GOD you don't need a permit in Ohio.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #23
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Some municipalities take months to process applications. This is an illegal process
which as been propagated due to the lack of people challenging the system. If you don't
want to wait months for your permit, you don't have to. Take your municipality to court
and demand your application be processed according to State statutes. Here are some
typical excuses given out when police departments processing times go beyond the
STATUTORILY mandatory 30 days:

There is your answer.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #24
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
The permit shouldn't be worked on at the local PD level- I had to call folks at the state capital down here to get the straight answer on mine- and I had to complain at them for being morons.

There should be a Bureau of Licensing or something that handles all the states applications- Asking them will get you a better answer then the lady behind the glass at your local PD. Hurry and get them on the case so you can get your gun.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
The permit shouldn't be worked on at the local PD level- I had to call folks at the state capital down here to get the straight answer on mine- and I had to complain at them for being morons.

There should be a Bureau of Licensing or something that handles all the states applications- Asking them will get you a better answer then the lady behind the glass at your local PD. Hurry and get them on the case so you can get your gun.

Things are a little different up north. I can walk into the sheriffs department and get my carry permit in ten minutes.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #26
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
well i asked a cop thats on my FD tonight..he told me that its going to take months for them to do it..A guy on my company did it not to long ago, and it took like 7 months.. Damn
Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #27
Old Crazy is on a distinguished road
Old Crazy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a NJ resident and a gun owner. The time one waits for a firearms ID card or handgun permit varies from police department to police department. Where I live it generally takes two months for a handgun permit, but the police will not process gun permits from April-October because it's a resort town and they claim they're too busy in the summer. It will most definitely take longer if you don't have a local police dept. and have to go through the state police. I've heard horror stories of waits up to two years.

It probably won't do you any good to complain to your local police dept. They will just blame the delay on the state police, FBI, or a records request, and they might get annoyed and delay your permit even longer (remember, NJ is a one party democrat state and we don't enjoy the same level of freedom and liberty as other parts of the USA)

You might want to check the website of an attorney named Evan F Nappen. He specializes in firearms law and is/was? a resident of NJ.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #28
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
yea, ive been to his website..thats where I got the law posted above from.