Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

so my gun permit hasnt come in yet..what do I do?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
so my gun permit hasnt come in yet..what do I do?

i applied for my firearms id card back in Dec. 08. The statue in NJ says no more then 30 days for a resident(approved or denied) and it has to be a valid reason why i got denied. I have the reciept of when I paid(money order)..Should I go to the local PD and ask to see a Captain or what? My dad says that what he did years back, and he got it the next day. Im just a bit leary of doing that since the officer will probably have a gun

Its not like im in a hurry to buy a gun, but still..im tired of waiting
Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
id start asking someone whats the deal
Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
do it, it cant hurt to ask whats going on
Old 03-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Can you call the office you applied with and ask what the status is? Ours is suppost to take 4-6 weeks herr although it usually goes faster than that.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
its true it wont hurt to ask..My luck thou is that they will deny me for being a pain in the ass..LOL maybe I should fly Chris4x4 out to launch some stuff at the pd till i get them to give me a permit..lol
Old 03-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #6

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Can you call the office you applied with and ask what the status is? Ours is suppost to take 4-6 weeks herr although it usually goes faster than that.

that I can, but id rather do it in person so I can see the mo f lie to my face
Old 03-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well you have a valid concern if it should take no more than 30 days. I would think it could not hurt to inquire with them.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
that I can, but id rather do it in person so I can see the mo f lie to my face
The problem with that is it only works if the person you are dealing with is the one who actually issues it. Otherwise i would expdct the usual line of "I sent it off to so and so..."
Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #9

Firefighter:
well hang on, and ill post the law itself.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #10

Firefighter:
5. How long does it take to process my application? State statutes mandate that a New
Jersey applicant be processed (granted or denied) in 30 days. Thats the law.
2C:58-3(f). Purchase of firearms
"...the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants. A permit to purchase a handgun shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issuance and may be renewed by the issuing authority for good cause for an additional 90 days.
Some municipalities take months to process applications. This is an illegal process
which as been propagated due to the lack of people challenging the system. If you don't
want to wait months for your permit, you don't have to. Take your municipality to court
and demand your application be processed according to State statutes. Here are some
typical excuses given out when police departments processing times go beyond the
STATUTORILY mandatory 30 days:
(taken from pg. 105 of "Nappen on NJ Gun Laws"):
1. "Your Prints haven't come back from the FBI"
2. "Your references haven't replied yet"
3. "The investigation is still in progress"
4. "The chief has been out (sick, busy, etc.)
5. "We just don't have the manpower to devote to these things"
6. "We have priorities that take precedence over gun permits."
7. "We are working on a new form of questions"
8. "We just switched persons (departments, offices, record keeping
personnel, etc.) who handle these.
9. "Why does a woman (black man, senior citizen, handicapped person, nice
person like you, etc.) need a gun anyway?"
10. "We don't just give anybody gun permits"
6. Remember, there is no substitute for a qualified attorney. There are qualified
attorneys listed on the njguns.com page should you need one.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #11
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
5. How long does it take to process my application? State statutes mandate that a New
Jersey applicant be processed (granted or denied) in 30 days. Thats the law.
2C:58-3(f). Purchase of firearms
"...the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants. A permit to purchase a handgun shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issuance and may be renewed by the issuing authority for good cause for an additional 90 days.
Some municipalities take months to process applications. This is an illegal process
which as been propagated due to the lack of people challenging the system. If you don't
want to wait months for your permit, you don't have to. Take your municipality to court
and demand your application be processed according to State statutes. Here are some
typical excuses given out when police departments processing times go beyond the
STATUTORILY mandatory 30 days:
(taken from pg. 105 of "Nappen on NJ Gun Laws"):
1. "Your Prints haven't come back from the FBI"
2. "Your references haven't replied yet"
3. "The investigation is still in progress"
4. "The chief has been out (sick, busy, etc.)
5. "We just don't have the manpower to devote to these things"
6. "We have priorities that take precedence over gun permits."
7. "We are working on a new form of questions"
8. "We just switched persons (departments, offices, record keeping
personnel, etc.) who handle these.
9. "Why does a woman (black man, senior citizen, handicapped person, nice
person like you, etc.) need a gun anyway?"
10. "We don't just give anybody gun permits"
6. Remember, there is no substitute for a qualified attorney. There are qualified
attorneys listed on the njguns.com page should you need one.
OK, I think no harm in asking the status of the application. However I would not go in there citing the above and demanding an answer, I think nothing good will come of that. You may be up against a something were it is really out of thier control to process it in 30 days. I would just ask and if you start getting BS answers then you can be a little more...persuasive.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its true it wont hurt to ask..My luck thou is that they will deny me for being a pain in the ass..LOL maybe I should fly Chris4x4 out to launch some stuff at the pd till i get them to give me a permit..lol
Im up for it! BUT, you need to provid eme with bail......

One of the wonderfull things about AZ. I can go to the store and get a handgun faster than my Wife can go the another store and buy milk.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #13

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
OK, I think no harm in asking the status of the application. However I would not go in there citing the above and demanding an answer, I think nothing good will come of that. You may be up against a something were it is really out of thier control to process it in 30 days. I would just ask and if you start getting BS answers then you can be a little more...persuasive.

well its weird the way my towns pd is set up...theres a lady behind a glass window who dosent know anything...If i ask her i wont get anywhere. Thats why i was planning on printing that thing out and bringing it with me, even thou I'm sure there well aware of that law.

And Chris, guess the deals off. I cant even afford to put gas in my truck, never mind bail
Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
And Chris, guess the deals off. I cant even afford to put gas in my truck, never mind bail
Well, thanks for thinkin about me.

If Im ever up there............
Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #15

Firefighter:
lol surely you would be welcome in NJ..We need some good hell raisers here. And theres really no HOA's around here that I know of. On the plus, we dont have to pump our own gas.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #16

Quote:
On the plus, we dont have to pump our own gas.
What!!??? Why? How??
Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #17

Firefighter:
were one of the few states who dosent have to. They have people do it for us usually known at PTT's.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #18

Quote:
were one of the few states who dosent have to. They have people do it for us usually known at PTT's.
Wow! I thought they were all gone......Brings a tear reminding me of a simpler time....
Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #19

Firefighter:
yea they kinda suck..Espically with the tacomas with the locking gas door...they always drop my keys on the side of my bed.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
lol, yea, it is b/c some idiot blew up a gas station and killed a bunch of people, b/c he didn't understand you have to put the gas pump back after you finish filling up.

Your PD is probably way behind on applications and can't keep up with what the law requires. I know people here in SC that applied back in the first of Nov. 08 and are still waiting. I applied in Jan. and still sit here.