View Poll Results: Which rifle?
Remington 30 56.60%
Browning 9 16.98%
Tikka 6 11.32%
Other 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #21
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
50. cal
x2 Little pricey though.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
50. cal

.....yeaaaaah...haha after seeing the Barrett on here I think I'll just use that one for call of duty.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
DESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDESRTRNNR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
the tikka will be the most accurate out of the box
the remington has the best aftermarket support
skip the browning and take a winchester model 70 instead.. made by the same company but the winchester is the better action than all the ones you have listed and has the 2nd best aftermarket support..

FN Herstal owns both browning and winchester..

another awesome gun is the Montana Rifle Company.. they took the winchester 70 action and improved it for a good price
Old 08-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #24
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
x2 Little pricey though.
Take a mortgage out on the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
.....yeaaaaah...haha after seeing the Barrett on here I think I'll just use that one for call of duty.
They are a lot more fun to shoot in real life
Old 08-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #25
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I chose the remington, not because of the price.
^^this. i love all of my remington rifles.
brownings are nice but i dont see the reason to spend the extra money for a rifle as equal as a 700(which is a proven rifle). take that extra money and get a good scope.

brother bought a newer savage for his first rifle, i always thought they were cheaper guns until i shot it. groups damn good for the price he paid. if your on a budget look at them.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Take a mortgage out on the house
Definitely worth it.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #27
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol, we just made our first mortgage payment, they might look a little funny at that.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #28
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06indigoink View Post
brownings are nice but i dont see the reason to spend the extra money for a rifle as equal as a 700(which is a proven rifle). take that extra money and get a good scope.

brother bought a newer savage for his first rifle, i always thought they were cheaper guns until i shot it. groups damn good for the price he paid. if your on a budget look at them.
Yeah check the reviews on Savage. I've seen quite a few that out shot the remington. I believe it was with the Savage 112. That was also in a .308 cal.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #29
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
Lol, we just made our first mortgage payment, they might look a little funny at that.
Equity....
Old 08-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #30
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
My dad has a browning a-bolt in 270 (stainless barrel and synthetic stock), the action is very smooth, but the gun is so light it kicks like a mule, my uncles old semi-auto 300 is about half the kick.

Out of the guns you listed i don't think you could pick a loser, the Remmie's are good, so are the brownings, and the little i've read about the tikkas leads me to believe they are good guns.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #31
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Definitely worth it.
Hell ya, i mean its only $3 a bullet, you have to wear twice the ear protection, and you have restricted shooting areas to fire it haha

Quote:

Agreed savage has really nice rifles that are fairly accurate out of the box and shoot really nice
Old 08-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #32
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I shoot browning. The quality feel alone between my browning and my buddies Remington 700 is night and day to me. The feel of the bolt is much better in mine. The first time I shot his 700 the bottom of the stock fell off. The round piece.
One of the biggest things though is the scope. You must get a good scope. Especially with the elements you live and will hunt in
Old 08-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #33

Quote:
OH they will understand
Old 08-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #34
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Make sure to get a good scope for the 300 mag too. Lots of energy with that round on the scope.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #35
Purveyor of Fun

What do you mean? How does the energy affect the glass? I mean, I am getting a good scope, just curious what you mean
Old 08-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #36
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you mean? How does the energy affect the glass? I mean, I am getting a good scope, just curious what you mean
the recoil force will try to knock the scope off of zero, hence good quality rings and scope are necessary to maintain good zero.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #37
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
You won't keep it accurate with a cheap scope. The recoil will affect the cheaper scopes ability to stay accurate.

95 taco beat me to it.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #38
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Link? Always liked lever action, not sure if there's a practicality difference when hunting between the bolt and lever though... Enlighten?
bolt guns are more accurate inherently. Also for the most part lever action rounds have a lower bullet coefficient due to the flatter nose for being tube fed instead of stacked in a detachable mag or internal mag. 30-30 44mag 22-50 are common lever action calibers.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #39
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:

My first rifle buy was a savage axis 270. After sighting it in, that thing groups damn good for being an out of the box rifle.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #40
Purveyor of Fun

That makes a lot of sense, hasn't thought of all that before.