Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Looking for a new concealable carry pistol

Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a new concealable carry pistol

I recently got my ccw permit and am in the market for a new pistol. I have an XD-9 compact right now but due to my body frame its going to be hard to conceal that and i might as well just open carry it if im going to carry it at all. That being said, i have been talking with a few people and what their take on different manufacturers is, and i am hearing quite a bit of good things about SIG, H&K, and Kahr.

Now let me set this straight.... im not a tiny guy. Im in decent shape and weigh 185 @ 5'11 . so i dont NEED a super small Kahr. I went to Cabellas tonight and held a few guns to see how they fit my hand and found that im not really a fan of the Kahr.... its a bit small. I held the SIG p220 carry and although it is smaller than the regular p220, it still seems as though it would be hard to conceal for me.

I also held the H&K p2000sk. Of the three this one best fit my hand and it is a bit smaller than the SIG.

I havent made up my mind yet but i am just looking for input from all you experienced members. What do YOU reccomend..... and what can you tell me about the H&K 2000sk? sorry for the long read but i want to make sure i review all options since it is quite an investment and will be protecting me.

-kris
Old 03-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
are you set on a semi auto or would you consider a revolver? what is your price range?

do u have a specific cal in mind?

i am a big fan of glock's.. i have a glock 39 (sub compact .45GAP), which i highly recommend. i would recommend any new glock out, just pick the cal, size, and capacity you want.

if you are interested in a revolver i have a smith&wesson 442 (snub nose .38 special +p), which i also highly recommend.

good luck!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a Taurus PT145 Mill. 10 +1
Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all

Army: Currently serving
Name: Danny
12Btaco's Tacoma Gallery
I carry Para Nite Tac SF-45 custom
Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
my concealed carry is a G27
Old 03-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the CCW.

I carry a Kel-Tec P11. I bought the side clip for it to so it will stay put in a pocket or waist band without a holster. Very concealable 9mm and holds 10+1 or you can use S&W mags to carry 12+1 or 15+1. the 15 round mags are a little much for concealed carry from what I hear though. It was the best feeling "small" pistol that I tried. I bought a Houge slip on grip and it feels even better.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p11.htm

I also bought one of these http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/sub2000.htm. It's a 9mm rifle that uses the same magazines as my pistol. It folds in half so it is damn near concealable as well. It will fit in a breifcase or back pack easily. It is fun as hell to shoot too and I can easily get quarter size patterns at 100 yards.