LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Warning: Saefty Recall for Springfield XDs .45ACP & 9mm Owners

Old 08-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up! I used to have an XD 9, but that was years ago.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
doesnt apply to the XD.

only applies to teh XDS single stack line of pistols
Old 08-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
[Insert dumb Glock comment here]

Bump for safety. Springfield's service dept. is excellent, too.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I just got one to.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
This recall applies to the XDs line only.
I saw that. Hence my comment about owning one years ago.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for all other owners I sent mine out this morning
Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post

Okay....
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

the XD u owned before was a double stack

the XDS line is a single stack.
Different lines of guns between XD and XDS

you owning an XD years ago doesnt apply to anything in this thread about the recall

Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
ASE Master Tech

Going back I get it now. When he typed that they were for the XDs line, I was reading it as if it were the same as saying the "XD's line". I misunderstood I think, since everyone else was typing the line in all caps, i.e. "the XDS line" Hence my initial confusion. Ah well.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Going back I get it now. When he typed that they were for the XDs line, I was reading it as if it were the same as saying the "XD's line". I misunderstood I think, since everyone else was typing the line in all caps, i.e. "the XDS line" Hence my initial confusion. Ah well.

i dont like the name of XDS for that reason. everyone things your talking about mutliple XD. I have had people say oh yeah i have one in .40 and im like no u dont. they dont make that caliber yet. then have to say its a single stack, not the double stack
Old 11-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
g35man will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone one here get there's back yet? I haven't yet but do believe it is in the first group to come back before Thanksgiving. They are supposed to be even more accurate with the fix I can't wait to get her back.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/spri...upgraded-guns/
Old 11-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #14
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35man View Post
Anyone one here get there's back yet? I haven't yet but do believe it is in the first group to come back before Thanksgiving. They are supposed to be even more accurate with the fix I can't wait to get her back.
Mine got there on nov 4th. Was out if town and couldn't send in til then. Don't expect mine back until after xmas
Old 11-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #15
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got mine back at the end of October and I wouldn't say it's any more accurate than it was before and knowing what changes were made that makes more sense than it being more accurate. Here's a decent link discussing what specifically was done.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #16
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got mine back 2 weeks ago