Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Folding knife for every day carry?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #21
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Kershaw 1670.

It's my duty knife and I carry it around if needed off duty too. Balance is perfect. I find CRKT and benchmades to be too blade heavy. Real piss off personally.
I've put my Kershaw through hell and it still has a great edge on it after years of use. The assisted opening is quick and sure. Very easy to operate one handed.
This guy beat me to it. The Kershaw Tanto Blur is easily my favorite EDC knife. The blade is 3 3/8" and the Ken Onion assisted opening feature is killer on it. The best part is they can be found at Walmart for about $57 last I saw. At that price you won't be afraid to actually use the thing. It's funny because when I'm with buddies who carry knives that cost 10x more we end up using my knife for everything.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #22
The Snake Of Jakes
SuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
SuperJakeTheSnake's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KERSHAW-blac...item3f208ae709

This is the tactical blur, just what they call a blem, that is 37$
Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #23
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Kershaw 1670.

It's my duty knife and I carry it around if needed off duty too. Balance is perfect. I find CRKT and benchmades to be too blade heavy. Real piss off personally.
I've put my Kershaw through hell and it still has a great edge on it after years of use. The assisted opening is quick and sure. Very easy to operate one handed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
This guy beat me to it. The Kershaw Tanto Blur is easily my favorite EDC knife. The blade is 3 3/8" and the Ken Onion assisted opening feature is killer on it. The best part is they can be found at Walmart for about $57 last I saw. At that price you won't be afraid to actually use the thing. It's funny because when I'm with buddies who carry knives that cost 10x more we end up using my knife for everything.
x3 to the Kershaw Blur

Thats what I carry

However I cannot say no to a CKRT...girlfriend has an m16 something or other that she bought a few years back, carried to iraq...it survived several firefights and came home and she still carries it
Old 09-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #25
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
My other carry knife, a little beefy and heavy for a general daily pocket knife. I keep this in my jacket breast pocket.

Bad part - China made.. I was disapointed when I saw that it was made in China. I thought all Kershaws were American Made.. I guess for the price, its a good heavy disposable unit....

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Kersh....mc_id=crrdtfd

Attached Thumbnails
Folding knife for every day carry?-s7_530559_999_01.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #26
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I'm leaning toward the kershaws even though they aren't all made in USA. How do you like the semi serrated type blade?

I get what some of you are saying about benchmade quality but I really can't justify spending over twice as much for what will basically be a utility EDC blade.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #27
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i like the semi serrated because 9/10 i dont need the serration but you never know when you'll need to cut thru a seatbelt or something like that
Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #28
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I'm leaning toward the kershaws even though they aren't all made in USA. How do you like the semi serrated type blade?

I get what some of you are saying about benchmade quality but I really can't justify spending over twice as much for what will basically be a utility EDC blade.
I've got expensive knives and they don't get used because they're expensive. This one is the perfect balance between quality and cost IMO for an EDC. On top of that it has features that my expensive knives don't even have. Trust me, when you activate the assisted open and hold the knife and feel the balance & grip, you'll see what I mean.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
My vote goes to CRKT. I have had numerous M16 blades over they years, and they have all been great. They are reasonably priced, look a bit unique, and I have always been a fan of the hefty feel of them compared to many other knives that only have composite handles. The double safety locks are nice, and my knives have held up great for all sorts of outdoor activities and deployments. Current model is the M16-13SFG.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #30
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Sog twitch is what I carry. I have too many knives, from cheap to fairly expensive pocket size. The twitch is a decent price, sharp, and looks great.

One hand opening with the spring assist is so smooth.

Not my pic, but mine is the same
Attached Thumbnails
Folding knife for every day carry?-image.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
bighoss454 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
bighoss454's Tacoma Gallery
I have been carrying the leatherman skeletool for the past 4 years. In my opinion it has put all of my other knives to shame. It is compact enough to slide right in my pocket, but has just the right amount of accesories to get any job done. I am a commercial electrician and this lives with me every day
Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #32
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
I have several nicer knives, but this is my workhorse knife. Kershaw Leek. It's about $60 but well worth it.
http://
I carry this blade as well. I have went through 3 of them in the last seven years.
I use this knife for absolutely everything. I have even gutted an antelope last year, field dressed birds, and cut my steak.
The first one I had for like 3 years, and the spring assist broke, and sent it into Kershaw, and they sent me a brand new knife.
Lost the second one, and still have the 3rd in my pocket. Its is almost do for a replacement as well, as the blade has been sharpened too many times.

Nothing but good things to say about the leek.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #33
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Ontario ratII I've owned many more expensive and the Ontario is always my go to blade. Can't beat it for the price
Old 09-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #34
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post
Sog twitch is what I carry. I have too many knives, from cheap to fairly expensive pocket size. The twitch is a decent price, sharp, and looks great.

One hand opening with the spring assist is so smooth.

Not my pic, but mine is the same
the twitch is a great knife but if you do dirty work with it construction etc. the assisted opening starts to fail and cleaning wont fix it...almost identical to the kershaw leek and i feel the kershaw is superior imo...twitch is great if you keep it clean...both very sharp blades
Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #35
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I EDC a CRKT Ripple and love it. If you're a fan of D2 blades, Knives of Alaska Featherlight Hunter is good though it has no pocket clip. It weighs next to nothing.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
Kermit
SVHANC is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
SVHANC's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the sub-$100 Benchmades are from China as well.

I carry an SRM 763 knife that costs about $15. SRM is the big China manufacturer that Benchmade among others subcontracts to. I like it better than any of the cheap Benchmades and it has the Axis lock, which is my favorite one-handed opening lock. I am not a fan of liner locks and frame locks are hit or miss.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #37
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVHANC View Post
Most of the sub-$100 Benchmades are from China as well.

I carry an SRM 763 knife that costs about $15. SRM is the big China manufacturer that Benchmade among others subcontracts to. I like it better than any of the cheap Benchmades and it has the Axis lock, which is my favorite one-handed opening lock. I am not a fan of liner locks and frame locks are hit or miss.
liner lock is one thing i dont like about the crkt m16, i cant get it closed with one hand easily/safely. maybe if i tried more i would get used to it but after a few months i still use two hands
Old 09-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #38
vjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shedvjherrera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (AM1)
Name: Vince
vjherrera's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the same Buck 110 on my hip for more years than I can count
Old 09-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #39
MrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrStumpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
MrStumpy's Tacoma Gallery
Kershaw Clash w/ speed assist open. I also have a Warthog V Sharp sharpener that keeps all my Kershaw knives razor sharp.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #40
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
This is way tougher than I thought it'd be, just when I think I know what I want I see something else that looks good. I like that srm knife, I hadn't seen them before.

Products Discussed in this Thread