LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Folding knife for every day carry?

Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #41
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
This is way tougher than I thought it'd be, just when I think I know what I want I see something else that looks good. I like that srm knife, I hadn't seen them before.
Do yourself a favor, before you buy ANYTHING online... go to your local Walmart and buy the knife that I and a few others have suggested. Take it out of the package and open it one-handed. See how it balances and how the grip feels. Then close it one-handed. If you still want another knife return it and you're out nothing. That action is beyond words and you would generally spend a LOT more money on a knife to get something comparable. Until you FEEL it you just don't know. I annoyed the crap out of my wife when I first got one years ago because I would sit and flick it open and closed one handed for hours while watching TV. It's that cool.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #42
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, you've convinced me. Tomorrow after work I'm stopping by wally world and see what they've got.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #43
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
As a Benchmade owner, I agree the quality is top notch, but as an EDC, its not that affordable to replace, if you loose it. That's why I mentioned CRKT. Life time warranty, and cheap enough that if its lost, you can easily replace it without taking a big financial hit.
I Didn't think from the pricey amount perspective as the knife was issued to me and really never looked it up for the price & $136 is a lot of money for EDC which someone can lose easily.

Will take a look at CRKT Knifes.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #44
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yep, you've convinced me. Tomorrow after work I'm stopping by wally world and see what they've got.
Hopefully they still stock them because on the walmart website it says no longer available. Not sure what's up with that.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #45
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You won't be disappointed. I lost mine one day and I immediately ordered another. I looked a few other knives, but they don't have the balance or the smooth action or the crispness of the locking mechanism.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #46
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
I am a bit blade addicted. i have 3 emerson knives and 2 striders, these are my edc rotation. In my truck i keep a benchmade mini griptilian, great little knife, made in the USA, but is a bit over the op's price point at around $80-90.
The spyderco tanacious gets great reviews and i believe is under $50.
for a small edc. i love my strider pt, for something big, i carry my emerson cqc 15 or roadhouse. built like tanks and can take a beating.
Just my 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails
Folding knife for every day carry?-img_2030.jpg   Folding knife for every day carry?-img_2037.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #47
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
this got me thinking and im considering ordering a kershaw blur now haha. its always been on my radar but after reading reviews on both the knife and the blade steel i kind of want to pick one up haha
Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #48
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I am the minority here and I don't pay a lot for my every day pocket knife. Previously I carried a Beretta knife for 5 or 6 years until i broke it. Then I carried a gerber and it broke 2 or 3 times over the span of a few years and kept adding new points to it with a grinder. Currently I carry a winchester that I found on the side of the lake a year or so ago. It also has a broken tip. The way I see it i am pretty rough on my knives and have managed to break the tips off of them all so I dont want to spend a lot of money. Just use it and abuse it for a few years then get another 15 or 20 dollar knife. plus I don't feel bad when i do break the tip. just hit the grinder and make it a bit shorter.

And I have used all of these knives for everything from gutting and skinning deer to splitting wood for kindling. They all seem to perform about the same as long as you keep a sharp edge on it. The only one i wouldn't use again is the home depot special. that thing was made out of play dough im pretty sure
Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #49
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
I guess I am the minority here and I don't pay a lot for my every day pocket knife. Previously I carried a Beretta knife for 5 or 6 years until i broke it. Then I carried a gerber and it broke 2 or 3 times over the span of a few years and kept adding new points to it with a grinder. Currently I carry a winchester that I found on the side of the lake a year or so ago. It also has a broken tip. The way I see it i am pretty rough on my knives and have managed to break the tips off of them all so I dont want to spend a lot of money. Just use it and abuse it for a few years then get another 15 or 20 dollar knife. plus I don't feel bad when i do break the tip. just hit the grinder and make it a bit shorter.

And I have used all of these knives for everything from gutting and skinning deer to splitting wood for kindling. They all seem to perform about the same as long as you keep a sharp edge on it. The only one i wouldn't use again is the home depot special. that thing was made out of play dough im pretty sure
The blur is the most expensive knife I own so I completely understand

Most of my knives are between $15-$35 or so not including my issued knife of course...i have several that I've had to "fix" the tip on etc

I chose the blur, however, because it just feels perfect in my hand and the assisted opening is fantastic and at around $50 it's still not an unreasonable cost for a knife I will carry for several years
Old 09-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #50
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
My current EDC is a more classic design.
A simple Case Medium Stockman....

It was around $55 at Bass Pro.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #51
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery

Kershaw Leek. Several colors available. Clips to pants. Spring loaded. Multiple blade types. Other sizes. My edc. More then easy one handed open/close. Can get the 3.5 inch blade for 45.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
amack8024 is on a distinguished road
amack8024's Tacoma Gallery
my EDC for work is K-BAR FIN MOJO. Really solid knife with great action. I like that it is heavy for the jobs you need if for. My EDC for out of work when i just want a blade without so much weight is the CRKT K.I.S.S Assist. Great for the small carry weight.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #53
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I annoyed the crap out of my wife when I first got one years ago because I would sit and flick it open and closed one handed for hours while watching TV. It's that cool.
I missed this part! I've had mine for 4+ years and I still do that at work sometimes
Old 09-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #54
Freeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreeflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
Freeflow's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a Spyderco Dragonfly H1 for EDC
Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #55
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post

Higher quality knife and you will not break them, and if you do, it will be repaired or replaced for free.

emerson cqc15, 7 years old, daily use, been there and back again, still kicking like the day i got it. I have a 12 year old cqc7 that looks like twice as bad as this one, but still is as perfect as the day i got it.

Spyderco has various knives still made in the USA.
Attached Thumbnails
Folding knife for every day carry?-img_2030.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #56
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I missed this part! I've had mine for 4+ years and I still do that at work sometimes
Same here but I think over 5 years now. I was reading a thread once where some guy was trying to say that all these Ken Onion mechanisms fail after a few hundred times of being used. Needless to say I ROFL'd since that's a typical day for me on average.

It's SO damn addicting. lol
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #57
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a Benchmade Auto Stryker.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #58
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

Just bought a --> Kershaw 1670TBLKST Ken Onion Blur Assisted 3-3/8" Black Tanto Combo Blade, Black Aluminum Handles --> for $52.90 delivered.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #59
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Same here but I think over 5 years now. I was reading a thread once where some guy was trying to say that all these Ken Onion mechanisms fail after a few hundred times of being used. Needless to say I ROFL'd since that's a typical day for me on average.

It's SO damn addicting. lol
Me thinks that guy doesn't actually own one. Mine has easily been through that a few times over and it still works flawlessly. I keep checking it to see if there's any play at all.

None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post

Just bought a --> Kershaw 1670TBLKST Ken Onion Blur Assisted 3-3/8" Black Tanto Combo Blade, Black Aluminum Handles --> for $52.90 delivered.
Nice! You're going to love it!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #60
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJakeTheSnake View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KERSHAW-blac...item3f208ae709

This is the tactical blur, just what they call a blem, that is 37$
Dammit guys! Just bought this...