Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Folding knife for every day carry?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #101
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
That looks almost like their down range ao knife
Old 09-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #102
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same, it's a great knife and stays sharp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
This has been my EDC for about 3 years now, just a darn nice well built affordable knife. SOG Twitch II

Old 09-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #103
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
For $18 on Camofire, I have really been liking my SogZillas
Old 09-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #104
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, this is for you guys

I brought my Kershaw work and my coworker opened it, loved it and bought one. I told him how I ended up finding it so he asked me to pass a message along but that smiley pretty much says it all
Old 09-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #105
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn there's some nice knives here. The 2 I carry is my case xx that stays in my pocket and another one (case) with interchangeable blades that stays in my truck.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #106
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
right now I EDC a buck "trio" tiny pen knife but its wide. actually that knife is in a cushion somewhere in my house. I also carry a leatherman wave( I know it's a multitool but it has a knife on it). Been meaning to get a spyderco and a buck 110 and a CRKT, I may have an addiction. I also carry a buck folder with half the blade serrated in my backpack.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #107
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
right now I EDC a buck "trio" tiny pen knife but its wide. actually that knife is in a cushion somewhere in my house. I also carry a leatherman wave( I know it's a multitool but it has a knife on it). Been meaning to get a spyderco and a buck 110 and a CRKT, I may have an addiction. I also carry a buck folder with half the blade serrated in my backpack.
The buck 110 are good knives. I used to have one but it's floating around at the bottom of a lake right now.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #108
Petrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
I've carried an all stainless steel Spyderco for over 20 years. It's so old, I don't even think it had a model name. It's basically the same as the current all steel Delica model. It has a 2-3/4" blade and is 6-5/8" open. I've carried it every day except when I'm on a commercial aircraft. There may be better knives out there but I don't care. For all day, every day it has proven itself.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #109
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
I've carried an all stainless steel Spyderco for over 20 years. It's so old, I don't even think it had a model name. It's basically the same as the current all steel Delica model. It has a 2-3/4" blade and is 6-5/8" open. I've carried it every day except when I'm on a commercial aircraft. There may be better knives out there but I don't care. For all day, every day it has proven itself.
spyderco is hard to beat.. mine is prob just about as old.. great knife.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #110
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
Just caved and bought a couple of Benchmades. The mini-barrage is a great little EDC, and I like the fact that the handle has a lot more metal than some of the other smaller Benchmades, so it feels a bit more solid to me. I also just ordered an Adamas folder. Now I just have to wait . . . .
Old 09-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #111
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^ bought a couple.. lol
Old 09-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #112
Pearcem87 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
Pearcem87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
^^ bought a couple.. lol
Yeah, I got the mini-barrage about a week ago, and I have been so happy with it, I decided to take advantage of my privileges and order an automatic while I am still on Active duty. For work reasons, of course.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #113
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, not a good pic. i was eating my lunch and wanting to throw the pic on instagram LOL. you can see my blade in this pic though; benchmade nitrous stryker.

also few mentioned he kershaw leek. that is a great blade too. i loved mine (ken onion version). unfrtunately, i think some fuck stole it. thing just grew legs one day .
Old 11-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #114
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Kershaw Leek Composite D2 blade.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #115
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Benchmade knives. I have several but most often carry my Barrage.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #116
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Over $50 but I currently carry a benchmade Osborne for everyday. I still have a kershaw ken onion that was my everyday (approximately for 3-5 years) carry that was under $50 and really like it. Wanted something different

I need to figure out how to post photos from my phone. Laptop is at home

I have a camo kershaw straight blade that I have all the time in my door
Old 11-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #117
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
i think the griptillian is a solid blade too, but i still like my nitrous stryker better lol.

with that being said, i think crkts makes great knives too, i got swept up into the brand when i was deployed in theater. still got a couple around.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #119
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
[IMG][/IMG]WAY over 50 bucks, but worth every penny. COYE KNIVES Area10. This folder will put fixed blades to shame. Put it through 2 2x4s using a 6 1/2# hammer. Handled pelvis, sternum, skinning, & quartering 2 whitetail with ease. I carry a $600ish handgun, $250ish fixed blade, so why not carry a $475 folder. Sometimes you may find yourself in need of a tool that isn't easily accessible, so it's nice knowing that my knives can fill the role of another tool when needed.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #120
SUPER MOD

Ive carried a benchmade 530 for over 8 years now... First the partial serrated.. And now the standard blade. Once u get used to an axis lock.. You can flick the blade open or closed with one hand. And this knife is very strong.. Keeps a great edge and you dont even notice carrying it it is so thin. Im a knife nut.. And have many blades to choose from to carry.. Many higher end ones.. But this is what i pick day after day. Its my fav knife i have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRSsg...e_gdata_player

Products Discussed in this Thread