Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Folding knife for every day carry?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Folding knife for every day carry?

I'm looking to get a good quality folder for EDC, not more thana 3 inch blade and under about $50. Preferably made in USA. Opinions?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Gerber paraframe that I really like, only about $20.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I like the CRKT M-16-10KZ.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
I have several nicer knives, but this is my workhorse knife. Kershaw Leek. It's about $60 but well worth it.
http://
Old 09-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I'm looking to get a good quality folder for EDC, not more thana 3 inch blade and under about $50. Preferably made in USA. Opinions?

My everyday Carry:
http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?...productID=4181

Or if you dont like Camo...:
http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?...productID=3095
Old 09-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
I have several nicer knives, but this is my workhorse knife. Kershaw Leek. It's about $60 but well worth it.
i also carry this blade on dress up and date nights...lol very very solid knife with good edge..but i prefer crkt.....really all i can say is avoid gerber as there steel is very soft..ive broken the tips and even the edge itself under heavy use on several....soft equals easy to sharpen but plan on sharpening after every good use...

crkt,kershaw,sog.some spyderco's ive had luck with as long as you take care of them they will all be good.....if you have the money buy benchmade though
Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
i also carry this blade on dress up and date nights...lol very very solid knife with good edge..but i prefer crkt.....really all i can say is avoid gerber as there steel is very soft..ive broken the tips and even the edge itself under heavy use on several....soft equals easy to sharpen but plan on sharpening after every good use...

crkt,kershaw,sog.some spyderco's ive had luck with as long as you take care of them they will all be good.....if you have the money buy benchmade though
I have six Benchmades, but these two are my Sunday-go-to-meeting knives.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #11
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
ive been carrying my kershaw scallionat work for about six years now. im a commercial plumber and it has yet to let me down. kershaw also has an awsome warranty and customer sevice.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #13
motorcycle07 is on a distinguished road
motorcycle07's Tacoma Gallery
I have two Kershaw Chive's that I carry. One as a work knife (a gift-blue), and one that I carry when going out. http://www.outdoorpros.com/Prod/Kers...in/8803/Cat/16 . If I remember correctly I paid $40 for the second one at a local flea market (it was new). The assisted opening spring broke on my work knife and kershaw sent me a free replacement no questions asked, although the new one is not quite as strong as the old one was originally. They have 2.50" blades on them and I like them, although I do wish they were true switchblades. I also have a benchmade with a 1.98" blade but it was over $100.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #14
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Only think I have carried for years. Kershaw Leek. Flip the clip around and I have it opened in my hand in about one second. Light,smooth, and when properly sharpened holds one hell of a blade. I use mine literally every day.
http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1660-O...s=Kershaw+Leek
Old 09-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #15
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
i have a cheapo boy scout knife that was gifted to me, i do say, its damn near indestructible, but SS blades are a bitch to get sharp......
Old 09-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Kershaw 1670.

It's my duty knife and I carry it around if needed off duty too. Balance is perfect. I find CRKT and benchmades to be too blade heavy. Real piss off personally.
I've put my Kershaw through hell and it still has a great edge on it after years of use. The assisted opening is quick and sure. Very easy to operate one handed.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #17
Poor College Student
User Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Oscar
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
I have this Gerber from Academy. I have had it for almost two years. It is a pretty gool little knife. I have swam in the ocean as well as fresh water with it and no rust at all, not even a bit. You can see where I have sharpened it with a grinder.
Attached Thumbnails
Folding knife for every day carry?-20130902_084503.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #18
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i agree with CRKT. ive been carrying my m1613z for a few months now and its held up great. you can find them pretty cheap online too. SOG makes a fast opening knife. I like my flash II but stopped carrying because the handle is basically plastic, the clip is barely hanging on right now. It is really light and fairly cheap though. i would like to check out spyderco next time i go to the gun shop.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #19
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Benchmade 583SBK Barrage® AXIS®-Assist ComboEdge®/ BK Coated Tanto Blade/ 1095-01-598-4472

FTW.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
You get what you pay for. Benchmade ftw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Benchmade 583SBK Barrage® AXIS®-Assist ComboEdge®/ BK Coated Tanto Blade/ 1095-01-598-4472

FTW.
As a Benchmade owner, I agree the quality is top notch, but as an EDC, its not that affordable to replace, if you loose it. That's why I mentioned CRKT. Life time warranty, and cheap enough that if its lost, you can easily replace it without taking a big financial hit.

Products Discussed in this Thread