1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help: looking for new duck hunting jacket and waders

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by tsab916, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sep 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    tsab916

tsab916 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    02 DC 4x4
    so duck season is just around the corner (california) and im in need of a duck hunting jacket and waders

just seeing what you guys wear and recommend.

here in California, Sacramento area to be exact we don't get snow and rarely see 20 degree weather but it'll get close to that sometimes, we do get good raining days in the late season with high winds, last year all i had was my scent lok jacket and pants (i know it's only made for big game hunting) but it was all i had, plus we were only hunting the delta so we stayed on the boat most of the time, and man i felt like i fell in the water, i was drenched.
    so this year we ended up in a blind, pleasant grove for the locals that know where that's at and i'm going to need some waders and a new jacket.

i been looking at the drake strata system coat and i like it, wingsupply.com has them for $109, regular is $180. but after reading some reviews it seems to be a great jacket but not as waterproof as they claim it is, guys are getting soak in them after about 1-2 hr in rain and i don't want that

i havent looked in to waders yet, kind of waiting until the outdoor stores around here get their shipments so i can go check some out.

i don't like bulky jackets i'm sure everybody doesn't and i do get cold easily

so what do TW duck hunters recommend and why

Products Discussed in

To Top