Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

which crossbow?

Old 09-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Ct03si is on a distinguished road
Air Force: vehicle maintenance
Ct03si's Tacoma Gallery
which crossbow?

So, crossbow hunting just became legal in my state. Im looking to buy my first crossbow, Im partial to PSE as me and my father in law have both shot their compound bows for years.
I love the new pse smoke but cant justify over $600 for my first one. So im debating between the pse enigma and the pse toxic. Seeing that im new to this I cant really tell the difference both seem pretty similar. Any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
Even Firemen Need Heroes...
ClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
ClemsonMGM's Tacoma Gallery
buy excalibur... you wont regret it.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Ct03si's Tacoma Gallery
my father in law has me aimed towards parker now, im thinking ill probably go for the thunderhawk or the hornet. I guess they are one of the few companies that does a lifetime warranty
Old 11-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about getting a cheapo X-bow just as a survival backup. I've never really shot one, but they look like fun..I always had compound bows.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i like the new Carbon Express Xbows. the flagship one, i think they call it the Interceptor comes loaded with all the modern piccitany rails.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I saw this one awhile back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5nVSfv0Rlg

My first thought was that the elite spec-ops are using this for nighttime assassinations.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
Ct03si's Tacoma Gallery
ended up going with the parker thunderhawk, right out of the box it is super accurate. love it and cant wait to get in the woods now
Old 11-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
most xbows these days are pretty deadly. i have a phantom cls made by tenpoint and i love it. using 100gr spitfire, have yet to lose a deer. the thunderhawk is a sweet looking xbow, gl and let us know how you did.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought my first one. Ended up getting a Barnett Ghost 385. It's in the mail , can't wait. I also liked the Mission MBX or MXB 320 & 360 , I forget . Best bang for the buck though, check out Barnett Recruit and Raptor. Good shooting, cheap money
Old 12-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #10
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Tenpoint!!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery

Here's my " Tenpoint ".......lol
Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #12
Rickoutdoors is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
Rickoutdoors's Tacoma Gallery
Excalibur...Eh! http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/cat...atrix_380_xtra