Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

ar 15 I want to buy. but where???

Old 03-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
ar 15 I want to buy. but where???

I want to but a rifle but cant seem to land myself on anything. i finally decided on the ar15 and cant seem to find anywhere that has them in stock. might be willing to fly in for a gun show if anyone could help me out...
Old 03-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Save yourself a lot of money and go to www.ar15.com Look at their Equipment Exchange and you should be able to find some quality ARs for a reasonable price. Some are not reasonable prices, but there are some good deals on there if you look. Be warned. It is very addicting. I'm building my second AR tonight.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
It's not an assault weapon, it's an AR-15.
thanks. im arming myself and have been looking at pretty much everything. i get excited...
Old 03-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
All this AR talk, and not to mention my roommate's AR15, is making me want to put other purchases on hold to get one. My roommate has a rockriver AR15 and loves it.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
why exactly are people purchasing so many ARs? is it because of the fear that the economy is going to go down the shithole? or is it because Bama's gonna get rid of em?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
why exactly are people purchasing so many ARs? is it because of the fear that the economy is going to go down the shithole? or is it because Bama's gonna get rid of em?
Both reasons and another reason
Old 03-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whats the other..............aghhmm................reason??
Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
We like them, of course!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
whats the other..............aghhmm................reason??

Because we have the freedom to do it.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #12
jrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the rough

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Jason
jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
Because we have the freedom to do it.

x2
Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #13
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Or if we need to carry out the reason the 2nd ammendment was established.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #14

hell yeah. buy em out of stock
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #15
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
I want to but a rifle but cant seem to land myself on anything. i finally decided on the ar15 and cant seem to find anywhere that has them in stock. might be willing to fly in for a gun show if anyone could help me out...

you can always save yourself some money and buy a saiga 223 like i did. i went shooting again yesterday with a buddy you has an ar15. he was very impressed by this gun.... you should check them out.... but i do admit the ar looks really badass
Old 03-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
littleschipper is on a distinguished road
littleschipper's Tacoma Gallery
If you've never shot one, you'll find out why we like them so much when you do!

I have one of the original early civilian versions of the AR15 without the forward bolt-assist but it does have the chrome lined barrel. If I remember correctly (aging brain farts) Colt got in trouble initially with civilian sales because they were using military M16 parts in the civilian models and mine is in that group. Don't ask which parts, I haven't a clue. And no, it's not full auto but it does rock! The older versions have a different rifling twist and stabilize the 55 grain M193 rounds better than the new SS109 62 grain rounds. Make sure you find out what rifling twist your rifle has so you can use the right weight round. I'm no expert so I can't say how much of an accuracy difference it makes, I've always fired the 55 grain rounds in mine. Now about the price of a case of ammo for it....ouch!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
just get a 1/7 twist and you are golden.