Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Going hunting for a week- what to do for food?

Old 09-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
C-Rats ... and if you want to get fancy go for the MREs ...
Old 09-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #22
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
C Rats

Do they still make 'em??
Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #23
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for all of the replies, gave me some really good ideas, especially cooking beforehand and freezing the food!!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #24
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente View Post
Do they still make 'em??
... ^^^ ... I don't think so ... but I saw some old C-Rats at an Army/Navy store a couple years ago.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #25
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
there is no way i eat any dehydrated backfood if i am camped near my truck.

i barely like the stuff. it's only benefit for me is that it is lightweight. if i have a truck camp..i am eating real stuff.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
there is no way i eat any dehydrated backfood if i am camped near my truck.

i barely like the stuff. it's only benefit for me is that it is lightweight. if i have a truck camp..i am eating real stuff.

have you tried the mountain house brand? pretty tasty..
Old 09-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
have you tried the mountain house brand? pretty tasty..
yes. that i all i eat. backpacker pantry is un-swallow-able for me.

"pretty tasty" is about the right description. after about a week, that aftertaste haunts me. i dont love them. but i love hunger less. they are the best option while living out of a backpack.