Notices

CEO of Starbucks speaks out

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #21
Huge Member
Eddie Van is on a distinguished road

Navy: E2 Driver
Eddie Van's Tacoma Gallery
Why politicize things that are not associated with politics?

If i only associate/patronize/listen-to entities that are aligned with my political views, then I am limiting the scope of my understanding and closing off alternative view-points which may inform or enlighten me.

When I stop learning, I cease actively living...

Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would have been better for Starbucks just to stay out of the debate.

But his Stores, his choice... just like I have the choice to buy his overpriced bad coffee or not.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #23
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Did anyone catch the part about it being a request and not an outright ban so as to not put their employees in a potentially harmful situation? I fail to see it as 'caving' at all but rather protecting their business from demonstrations by either side of the issue. Seems to me he's standing by the original policy of local laws with an asterisk of "be respectful".

As for LEOs being "above the law", I comprehend it as being on duty not elevating them above everyone else.
I got the requesting part of it but in the end people will still see it as "oh Starbucks doesn't want guns in the stores!" It should have been more pushing to request that people don't protest outside the stores for either cause and that Starbucks is neutral on the subject.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #24
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Did anyone catch the part about it being a request and not an outright ban so as to not put their employees in a potentially harmful situation? I fail to see it as 'caving' at all but rather protecting their business from demonstrations by either side of the issue. Seems to me he's standing by the original policy of local laws with an asterisk of "be respectful".

As for LEOs being "above the law", I comprehend it as being on duty not elevating them above everyone else.
That is exactly the way I saw it. He's not saying Starbucks is Anti-gun or Pro-gun he's simply stating a fact. Being used as a middle man on the issue is interfering with his business. Demonstrations on either side doesn't help business.

As for the people complaining about the price of coffee there. Man up and order a black coffee. You can't complain about the price of your coffee when you order your foo foo extra pump, venti spiced pumpkin latte.

I get coffee all the time at Starbucks. Under $2 for a 16oz black very good coffee or under 2$ for an Americano.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #25
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone reading anything other than a business owner requesting that his place if business not be used as a battleground for gun rights is writing their own spin to his letter

Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
no more starbucks for me

Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #27
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Anyone reading anything other than a business owner requesting that his place if business not be used as a battleground for gun rights is writing their own spin to his letter
I was just going to post this idea, nearly everyone in this thread is running to their respective extremes. It's a corporation, his stores are (for some strange reason) being used as a place to argue gun rights, and he is RESPECTFULLY asking for his stores to remain a neutral ground.

Dafuq you guys doing carrying on about taking your money elsewhere, he's protecting his business/employees/patrons as ANY GOOD CEO should.

This jumping straight to extremes stuff is why this country is so divided, if everyone would think about every possible side of an issue we would be in a much better place. Too bad no one is willing to go out of their way to think outside of their isolated box.

/end rant

Old 09-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #28
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
I was just going to post this idea, nearly everyone in this thread is running to their respective extremes. It's a corporation, his stores are (for some strange reason) being used as a place to argue gun rights, and he is RESPECTFULLY asking for his stores to remain a neutral ground.

Dafuq you guys doing carrying on about taking your money elsewhere, he's protecting his business/employees/patrons as ANY GOOD CEO should.

This jumping straight to extremes stuff is why this country is so divided, if everyone would think about every possible side of an issue we would be in a much better place. Too bad no one is willing to go out of their way to think outside of their isolated box.

/end rant
tl;dr - taking my money elsewhere

Old 09-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
...he's protecting his business/employees/patrons as ANY GOOD CEO should...
I would disagree with you, his stores and employees are now less protected.

Now the criminal just says to himself...no cops here right now...no one will interfere or stop me.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I said I would use it as an excuse lol I never go to Starbucks because I just hate the stuffy atmosphere and I can get a better cup of coffee locally for less than what Starbucks wants

Old 09-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #31
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Dunkin Donuts Ftw

Old 09-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #32
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I don't drink coffee and tend to negatively stereotype those who frequent/praise Starbucks in the same way that I stereotype those rabid fans of all things Apple and those who drive Priuses.

Problem solved

Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #33
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post

Now the criminal just says to himself...no cops here right now...no one will interfere or stop me.
Like his statement says, it's a request not a ban. I read it as more of a "hey stop using Starbucks as a soapbox"

Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #34
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a concealed gun everywhere I go but have a real problem with the people who open carry. Gives a bad name to gun owners. Have no problem with what Starbucks is doing but do agree it will blow things out of proportion. If you feel the need to open carry then you feel the need to be the first one shot at when someone walks thru that door with a weapon. My 2 cents

Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #35
Maximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sean
Maximus Gradient's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Except law abiding gun owners.

They caved to the libs.

No more of my money will ever see the inside of a cash register at a Starbucks.
Quote:

So law abiding gun owners can't comfortably relax if they are separated from their guns? You sound like a generally scared individual and should probably just stay at home...

Old 09-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #36
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
no more starbucks for me
x2

He doesn't fully support my right he doesn't get my money.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #39
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Gradient View Post
So law abiding gun owners can't comfortably relax if they are separated from their guns? You sound like a generally scared individual and should probably just stay at home...
You assume more than you should. The same could be said of the non-carriers. They cant comfortably relax if a law abiding citizen is exercising their right to carry? There's two sides to everything

I wonder what your response would be if he asked people to please respect there decision for you to keep freedom of speech out of Starbucks?

Maybe you should stay at home a while...and read the constitution and the Bill of Rights a few times. One should not have to give up their rights to make someone else feel comfortable.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #40
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Everybody has rights. The right to feel comfortable in a public place is one of them
I don't recall reading that in the bill of rights, mind showing me where it is?
whether or not you carry a gun. I know a ton of liberals who are gun proponents. Somehow we all have to co-exist, and sometimes that means putting others ahead of ourselves. At least, it should.
My family and friends safety comes first, so I will carry a gun where i legally can, and i have the right to bear arms.

Closed Thread