Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

CEO of Starbucks speaks out

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
He hasn't banned guns at Starbucks , you all suffer from poor reading comprehension

Old 09-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
funny that there is no mention of concealed carry...
I never understood open carry in an urban area anyways.. might has well have let your dick hang out day.. seems the same to me.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #43
Maximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus Gradient is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sean
Maximus Gradient's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
You assume more than you should. The same could be said of the non-carriers. They cant comfortably relax if a law abiding citizen is exercising their right to carry? There's two sides to everything
No, I don't assume anything. You specifically implied that law abiding gun owners should not feel relaxed and comfortable at Starbucks stores.

Quote:
I wonder what your response would be if he asked people to please respect there decision for you to keep freedom of speech out of Starbucks?

Maybe you should stay at home a while...and read the constitution and the Bill of Rights a few times. One should not have to give up their rights to make someone else feel comfortable.
Remember, the open carry of guns is not banned at Starbucks, Schultz simply asked that they be left outside (car, home, etc.) because they make people uncomfortable. You can still do it; you'd just be a dick.

Regarding your weak attempt to draw an analogous scenario using the 1st Amendment - we've all been asked by our elders (parents, teachers, etc.) that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. We can all disregard that and say mean things; we'd just be dicks. Not at all an infringement on free speech. This is the same principle as Schultz asking that guns be left outside the stores.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
if you guys would obviously read, this was brought up back in 2010 according to the similar threads below which nobody reads now-a-days because of all the gay diesel threads still ongoing............anyways so im sure you've bought a coffee since 2010. so quit all the crying.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #45
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
back in 2010.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...crossfire.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...heir-guns.html

Old 09-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #46
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
We can make a gun carrying coffee shop called gunbucks next door to starbucks

Old 09-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #47
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
My family and friends safety comes first, so I will carry a gun where i legally can, and i have the right to bear arms.
Like was said earlier, you're underage anyway, Jake, so you have already been denied your right to bear arms. The 2nd Amendment places no age restriction, correct? Somehow, though, you are still denied the right to purchase a firearm, yet seem to be defending something not even allowed to you. In all seriousness, how terrified are you walking into a Starbucks today? You're too young to own a gun which would help you defend your family in a coffee shop, so you must be very scared when waiting in line, right?

The Constitution, not the Bill of Rights, says "[to] promote the general welfare... [of] the United States of America." The Starbucks CEO was obviously promoting what he felt was the general welfare of his clientele, albeit begrudgingly. But let's say the Constitution is to set up for a country, not an individual, eh? K....

How'sza'bout that 9th Amendement in the Bill of Rights, though, Jake? If your rights trample my rights, then who's right? (btw, I love finding that a number of folks who are anti-government turn quickly to a government-drawn document - not saying that's you since I don't know your stance, this is just some funny quirk I've noticed)

Crazily enough, it was the precursor to all, the Declaration of Independence, which said "all men are created equal." Remember, we all have the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?" People have a right to be happy while getting a Starbucks, and if the majority feel it's taking away their rights that a minority is brandishing something that scares them then see your bold letters above (about putting others ahead of ourselves). Kinda like "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."

Which document trumps the other, btw? Or do we only use the things that benefit us, and deny others the right to something they also are born with because it's against our own belief?

Door swings both ways. There is no winning any debate here for either you or me.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #48
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
funny that there is no mention of concealed carry...
I never understood open carry in an urban area anyways.. might has well have let your dick hang out day.. seems the same to me.
x2. dont understand open carry in urban areas. we can OC in TN with the hand gun carry permit, but i would not do it. CC is much better for urban areas IMHO. out in the woods camping 4wheeling maybe OC.

also open carry tents to freak people out and they get worried and call the cops.(and than you have your DBs that video it and wont show ID when asked by a cop. funny because you have to have your permit on you at all times if you are carrying and you have to show it) They have no way of knowing just by looking at you, who you are and if you can legally carry a gun.(I.E not a felon or something)

Old 09-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #49
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
and sell gun cleaning supplies. call it gun breakfast.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #50
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
and sell gun cleaning supplies. call it gun breakfast.
get your bacon and bullet omelet

Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #51
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWThomas1250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
(btw, I love finding that a number of folks who are anti-government turn quickly to a government-drawn document - not saying that's you since I don't know your stance, this is just some funny quirk I've noticed)
Idk why you had to bring this up, but since you did, there's a difference between "anti-government" and "anti-big government". We turn quickly to the Constitution and Bill of Rights because the Founding Fathers were also anti-big government.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #52
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just call it ' Mericuh

Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Just call it ' Mericuh
That's the special on Wednesdays

Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #54
GO VOLS!

Quote:
get your bacon and bullet omelet
or sosage with a side of magclips because magazines and clips are the same thing.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #55
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
Idk why you had to bring this up, but since you did, there's a difference between "anti-government" and "anti-big government". We turn quickly to the Constitution and Bill of Rights because the Founding Fathers were also anti-big government.
Cool, that makes sense. Some fathers were big gov't and some weren't, though (eg Jefferson vs Hamilton). Political debate has raged since the beginning. lol
btw, I'm a happy gun owner.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #56
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Like was said earlier, you're underage anyway, Jake, so you have already been denied your right to bear arms. The 2nd Amendment places no age restriction, correct?
I can still open or concealed carry on my property, so i still have my right to bear arms.
Yep, the politicians put those laws in place

Somehow, though, you are still denied the right to purchase a firearm, yet seem to be defending something not even allowed to you.
I'm defending the 2A because it's important, and i want my future kids to have that right to, to many people DGAF about it so it's gonna get taken away a little at a time until it's gone.
In all seriousness, how terrified are you walking into a Starbucks today?
Me? not very scared, my wallet shrieks and hides whenever i walk in though.
You're too young to own a gun which would help you defend your family in a coffee shop, so you must be very scared when waiting in line, right?
Not to scared, but there's always a possibility of something happening, and being unprepared could potentially end peoples lives.

The Constitution, not the Bill of Rights, says "[to] promote the general welfare... [of] the United States of America." The Starbucks CEO was obviously promoting what he felt was the general welfare of his clientele, albeit begrudgingly.
His choice, but because he did it doesn't mean i have to.
But let's say the Constitution is to set up for a country, not an individual, eh? K.
But was it? The constitution was set up so the people could have individual freedom

How'sza'bout that 9th Amendement in the Bill of Rights, though, Jake? If your rights trample my rights, then who's right?
If that happens then either you leave or ask the other person to leave.
(btw, I love finding that a number of folks who are anti-government turn quickly to a government-drawn document - not saying that's you since I don't know your stance, this is just some funny quirk I've noticed)
There's a big difference between the current GOV. (which i don't agree with) and Turning to the GOV. Document that was written so we could have the freedom and rights that the current GOV. is trying to take away.
Crazily enough, it was the precursor to all, the Declaration of Independence, which said "all men are created equal." Remember, we all have the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?" People have a right to be happy while getting a Starbucks, and if the majority feel it's taking away their rights that a minority is brandishing something that scares them
Yep.
Brandishing? Open carry is not brandishing

Brandish:
wave or flourish something,as a threat or in anger or excitement.

then see your bold letters above (about putting others ahead of ourselves). Kinda like "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."
And that's the stores right.
Which document trumps the other, btw?
The constitution and bill of rights trumps all other documents.
Or do we only use the things that benefit us, and deny others the right to something they also are born with because it's against our own belief?
we shouldn't "deny he right to something they also are born with because it's against our own belief" if it will cause less freedom.
I.E. i'm pro gun, Joe isn't, It gives people more freedom to keep guns legal then to make them illegal.

Door swings both ways. There is no winning any debate here for either you or me.
Yep

Old 09-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #57
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a fan of starbucks personally just on preference for food, and I don't like coffee, but I fail to see the logic in turning against someone making a choice about what they want for their business. And I don't see the need to have a gun in a coffee shop. I know, I know "protection" and what not, but the reality is you are more likely to die from bad milk at a coffee shop than a random violent event. Just my thoughts from a no coffee drinking non gun owner that's a bit baffled as to the importance of all this

Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #58
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
So my questions are:

1) Will you stop buying Starbucks product?
2) What are your thoughts about a business owner making this kind of a statement?
I have to admit that when I was younger that I would have had no opinion and not changed my purchase habits.

I have come to learn, that it is important to steer your hard earned dollars towards those companies that are aligned with your beliefs, and to steer them away from companies that are in contradiction to your beliefs.

I consider Starbucks to be neutral.

I think that their patrons should be far more worried about me walking in with a laptop, than with a pistol, as I will only use the pistol to defend myself.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #59
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
IBTL! these threads never seem to end well...

Old 09-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #60
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwind View Post
I have to admit that when I was younger that I would have had no opinion and not changed my purchase habits.

I have come to learn, that it is important to steer your hard earned dollars towards those companies that are aligned with your beliefs, and to steer them away from companies that are in contradiction to your beliefs.

I consider Starbucks to be neutral.

I think that their patrons should be far more worried about me walking in with a laptop, than with a pistol, as I will only use the pistol to defend myself.

agreed.. I see them as netural as well.

also for everyone taking a side.. starbucks also believes in other things.. you have to take the companies philosophies as a whole in your decision not to buy from them..
I work in the disabilities employment field.. they are a big supporter of hiring people with disabilities, and we support many people at their stores.. I was at starbucks headquarters yesterday.. , and maybe they do other things that I dont support, like using too many paper cups.. there are so many variables to consider..

Closed Thread