Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Thine Ruger LCP

Old 09-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #41
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWC View Post
Nah - the smallest 9mm pistols are typically just a bit larger than the 380's. I know its not a big difference - but when you are trying to find the smallest pistol you can - small differences can be significant. For example, a Sig 938 is about 0.4" (almost 1/2 inch) longer than a P238. Yeah - the 938 is a 9mm that is almost the same size and weight as the 238 - it will be a bit snappier than the 938 too. At least with me i could get quicker follow up shots on target with a 238. I don't buy the argument that there is no reason for a 380 when you can get a nearly identical size/weight (nearly is the key word - the 9mm versions are always slightly larger) pistol chambered in 9mm. The 380 works for me.
I agree 500% JWC. I have a G26 (with the 26, 19 and 17 mags) which is my go-to. The 238 and the 938 are significantly smaller. But millimeters bigger than the LCP. Its all about single-stack. I think he forgot to read the requirements for the suggested application you heard me tho and thanks. Good feedbck.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #42
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
. I dunno want you want me to say or do because I don't have video but that's w/o a doubt how it went down and I even have pictures to prove it.

Hiting Fly's with a .380 at any distance is to be admired.

If you possess these tried and true skills and can re-create the examples of LCP marksmanship shown in such phone photo's as shown previously...Then I would gladly PAY you to teach me.

That said...along with Avid shooters...I personally can not believe such a claim without witness to such pinpoint marksmanship with such a tiny pistol.

You would be a rarity to all avid shooters if this were the case. Maybe you are a rarity? A rarity who wants to remain anonymous...but pics of bullet holes on cardboard do not nearly justify or prove that the hole was made by an LCP. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I am saying I will believe it when I see it. Bottom line. I know better.

Again you do not have to prove yourself by using the common technology of a video camera...but one would think you would be proud to demonstrate.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #43
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
Hiting Fly's with a .380 at any distance is to be admired.

If you possess these tried and true skills and can re-create the examples of LCP marksmanship shown in such phone photo's as shown previously...Then I would gladly PAY you to teach me.

That said...along with Avid shooters...I personally can not believe such a claim without witness to such pinpoint marksmanship with such a tiny pistol.

You would be a rarity to all avid shooters if this were the case. Maybe you are a rarity? A rarity who wants to remain anonymous...but pics of bullet holes on cardboard do not nearly justify or prove that the hole was made by an LCP. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I am saying I will believe it when I see it. Bottom line. I know better.

Again you do not have to prove yourself by using the common technology of a video camera...but one would think you would be proud to demonstrate.
I get it. You think that what I did isn't possible and I'm a liar. That's fine. I really don't give a hobo's crap what you think about me nor do I care to change your mind. Along those lines, this conversation is over. Think what you will and by all means feel free to add me to your ignore list if you really think my claims are so extravagant and my tips are so far off base. Won't hurt my feelings at all.

I share my experiences to converse & maybe help others out who might care and don't care about those who don't.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #44

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I get it. You think that what I did isn't possible and I'm a liar. That's fine. I really don't give a hobo's crap what you think about me nor do I care to change your mind. Along those lines, this conversation is over. Think what you will and by all means feel free to add me to your ignore list if you really think my claims are so extravagant and my tips are so far off base. Won't hurt my feelings at all.

I share my experiences to converse & maybe help others out who might care and don't care about those who don't.
Lol? Dude We do care. Thats why we need your expertise. You are not reading what I write. None of it is hostile....Nor do I want to ignore you... but If you can pull these shots off...then YES your claims are Extravagant and we want to worship you for your skill! Do you not see what I am saying? None of your tips are off-base... we know you can shoot...but anyone claiming dead flys on paper with a .380 is everyone's hero!

Enlighten all of us is all I am saying.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #45
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a cool picture for everyone.

Personally, I carry a kahr cm40. Small enough to carry in my pocket, but not quite LCP small. 40sw round is definitely a "get the fuck off me" round, but the gun is not very fun to shoot at the range. Really snappy, not the most accurate gun, decent sights.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #46
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post

Personally, I carry a kahr cm40. Small enough to carry in my pocket, but not quite LCP small. 40sw round is definitely a "get the fuck off me" round, but the gun is not very fun to shoot at the range. Really snappy, not the most accurate gun, decent sights.
That is a cool comparison. The sig is wider than most of those though... Would be cool to see a width profile. I have a tcp in my safe. Am I blind? Or can it not be seen?? Unreliable gun. My son likes to shoot it. So I keep it for him.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #47

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post

That is quite cool. Interesting to look at all the profiles.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #48
JWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JWC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
I agree 500% JWC. I have a G26 (with the 26, 19 and 17 mags) which is my go-to. The 238 and the 938 are significantly smaller. But millimeters bigger than the LCP. Its all about single-stack. I think he forgot to read the requirements for the suggested application you heard me tho and thanks. Good feedbck.
I'm right with ya. When it comes to these 380's - size is a big deal. That is why I would never say a P238 is better than an LCP, etc... For me and how I carry - I like the P238. However, if someone else says they need the smallest 380 they can get - and the sights on it are adequate for their intended use - then the LCP is hard to beat.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #49

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
So I finally picked one up and I am quite pleased. Have not gotten it to the range yet, but cant wait. Ruger really did well with the design of this little .380.

Question: What defense ammo do you guys prefer for those with an LCP. Obviously no +P rounds. I got some Remington Golden saber just because it was in front of me, but I am curious as to what you guys who have an LCP, feed your LCP's when it comes down to the scenario we all hope never happens.

One of my worries with this Golden saber ammo is that its outer jacket is cut and overlayed creating a rough texture at the very nose of the bullet. Not the best design for a jacket when it comes to hitting the ramp.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #50
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
The best defense ammo I found for the LCP's I've fired (and most of my carry guns for that matter for different reasons though) is Critical Defense by Hornady. It has a VERY steep angle to the jacket whereas most other rounds are more rounded. The LCP has a VERY steep feed ramp so those rounded options can cause more jams when attempting to chamber. I also happen to feel that the round is one of the best if not the best defense round available anyway so in this context it's the perfect round for the LCP. This is just my opinion and as usual I suggest firing a MINIMUM of 100rds of your chosen carry ammo through your carry weapon before trusting your life to it.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #51
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The best defense ammo I found for the LCP's I've fired (and most of my carry guns for that matter for different reasons though) is Critical Defense by Hornady. It has a VERY steep angle to the jacket whereas most other rounds are more rounded. The LCP has a VERY steep feed ramp so those rounded options can cause more jams when attempting to chamber. I also happen to feel that the round is one of the best if not the best defense round available anyway so in this context it's the perfect round for the LCP. This is just my opinion and as usual I suggest firing a MINIMUM of 100rds of your chosen carry ammo through your carry weapon before trusting your life to it.
X2

All of my defensive pistols are loaded with Hornady Critical Defense except my duty weapon and my .38
Old 01-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #52
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
you guys like double tap ammo? all my brothers and dad use it.. they have been trying to get me to convert from speer gold dots, and the critical defense.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #53
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
you guys like double tap ammo? all my brothers and dad use it.. they have been trying to get me to convert from speer gold dots, and the critical defense.
never used it to my knowledge

For target practice I use whatever is cheapest

For defense I either have Critical Defense, Gold Dots, or Ranger SXT
Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #54

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Critical Def. and Critical Duty for my 9mm, I should probably just stay consistent given .380 is like 1mm shorter. Love those rounds. If I can find some in .380 . Otherwise I might just expend these Sabre's as practice and see how they feed. Thanks for the input gents.