Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

XD .45 Color help

View Poll Results: Which Color XD .45 Should I Get?
All Black 71 41.28%
Bi-tone Silver/Black 36 20.93%
OD Green/Black 34 19.77%
Dark Earth/Black 15 8.72%
Silver/OD Green 2 1.16%
Silver/Dark Earth 0 0%
None of them - get a different gun 14 8.14%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
I am going in tom and getting the XDm 40 4.5" its a steal for the stuff you get with the gun.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #22
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
I am going in tom and getting the XDm 40 4.5" its a steal for the stuff you get with the gun.
how much is it going for?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #24
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
how much is it going for?
depends im in socal so i cant get the nice clips that are supposed to come with the gun. u could prolly find it on gunbroker for about 550ish give or take.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #25
BTHOB

Quote:
depends im in socal so i cant get the nice clips that are supposed to come with the gun. u could prolly find it on gunbroker for about 550ish give or take.
Thats pretty low. i saw an XDm 9mm at Gander Mtn. yesterday for about 700..but i guess Gander jacks up their prices anyway
Old 03-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #26
Eat My Dirt

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
Thats pretty low. i saw an XDm 9mm at Gander Mtn. yesterday for about 700..but i guess Gander jacks up their prices anyway
hell yeah they do. and its way better to support your locall store or ffl holder imo. they are more likely to cut you a deal on the gun and give you a discount on all the stuff you buy with it.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #28
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
I've worked in the Firearms industry for a while and the XD is the one I sell to my friends. I may own a few Springfield Armory's (possibly longer and shorter ones) and they make good stuff at a good price, to boot.

My vote: Bi-Tone stainless. And if it's too shiny for your liking, tuff-coat the slide. It won't rust from holster wear and body sweat.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #31
BTHOB

it went off the home page. im just trying to get as many opinions as I can. btw whats tuff-coat?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #32
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Tuffcote or Tuffcoat is a general name for a type of power-coating, although most don't require a thermal curing, so It's not damaging to heat sensitive components.

The only one I've knowingly seen in person is an Xtremcoat™ AR-15 stainless bull barrel done by http://www.usanodizing.com/services.htm

There are many different companies out there in WWW land. And a good local gun shop (not cabela's, etc...) may be a good lead for a local company.

Edit: Springfield has Armory Kote™ for their 1911's. You could look into their custom shop doing the work.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #34
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
no dont go with the .45 go for the .44 mag
jk
id go with a tarus 357 revolver
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #35
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
no dont go with the .45 go for the .44 mag
jk
id go with a tarus 357 revolver
my dad's got a 357 mag.. i think the .44 mag is a little too big for what im going for
Old 03-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #36
Raven65 has a spectacular aura aboutRaven65 has a spectacular aura about

Raven65's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Bi-Tone XD-9. Fantastic gun. Reliable as an anvil.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #37
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
I voted "get a different gun", cause I'm a Sig man. Love my Sig!!!

Your question depends:

Is this your 1st pistol? Reason I ask is because I could see you getting an OD colored one if you had 2 others laying around. Else, get the traditional black on black.

Stainless is nice as well, but you'll pay for it.

I own two black/black pistols, so...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #38
NUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to beholdNUKEWORKER_69 is a splendid one to behold

NUKEWORKER_69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are magazines not clips
Old 05-20-2009, 02:51 AM   #39
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
get every color then u have one for any occasion