Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

XD .45 Color help

View Poll Results: Which Color XD .45 Should I Get?
All Black 71 41.28%
Bi-tone Silver/Black 36 20.93%
OD Green/Black 34 19.77%
Dark Earth/Black 15 8.72%
Silver/OD Green 2 1.16%
Silver/Dark Earth 0 0%
None of them - get a different gun 14 8.14%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
XD .45 Color help

Which color XD .45 should i get? there are bunch to choose from, just thought i would ask everybodys opinion...
Old 03-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, Im going with black... less noticable.

The green or earth colors look good tho too
Old 03-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
what will be its use?
I'd stick with black but thats just my opinion. Id rather it not reflect any light when in low light situations.

x2

either all black or OD/black
Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all12Btaco is a name known to all

Army: Currently serving
Name: Danny
12Btaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the solid black 5" tactical and I love it. But yesterday a buddy of mine picked up a bi-tone tactical silver/black and it looks really good!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I have an XD 40 that is all black. I would have preferred to get the bi tone silver/black. But that was the last one they had.

But it depends on its uses like wolfpack said...
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
This is what Im going for... XD .45 Compact 4" barrel. Possibly ordering this week depending on a few things

Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
for me, it would either be all black or od green and black.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
BTHOB

Quote:
DEF go with black if it doesnt bother you. You want to see them b4 they see you, all it takes is 1 small glint. Shiny weapons are nice to show your friends. In all honesty subdued colors are much better for HD.
yeah i shot the bi-tone today and i like how it looked but im not going for a showy gun..the OD green and the black are the main two im looking at. both have dark, flat colors
Old 03-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Wolfpack is probably correct again. I would have liked to shown my mom a shiny pistol cause maybe she wouldn't have been as mad...

LoL
Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
^^^ Wolfpack is probably correct again. I would have liked to shown my mom a shiny pistol cause maybe she wouldn't have been as mad...

LoL
hopefully mine wont get too mad about this one either
Old 03-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
it will be used for home and hunting defense mainly..
Hunting defense? What the heck do you hunt? I know those squirrels can get kinda annoying sometimes but damn.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I have the earthtone .40 I go that because it matches most of the tan tactical crap I have. After you get it get the decal grips.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #15
m1llrtym is on a distinguished road

m1llrtym's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been a certified armorer for years and actually own mostly springfields... but this specific XD 45 4in and the first round XD 40 4in ported are my favorites! BTW for color I always go with this moto "Black is tactical and tactical rules all" haha I think I heard this from one of my douche Lt. back in the day. Anyway good luck with the purchase, youll love this weapon its def bulletproof.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #16
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camppentaco View Post
Hunting defense? What the heck do you hunt? I know those squirrels can get kinda annoying sometimes but damn.
Mainly protection from hogs...
heres one of the big guys from the place i hunt - at least 400 pounds
Attached Thumbnails
XD .45 Color help-big_hog.jpg  
Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #17
BTHOB

Quote:
put a big pink bow on it when u show it to her.
i might actually do that ill see if it helps
Old 03-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #18
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats a damn big hog....

Bacoooon
Old 03-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #19
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Thats a damn big hog....

Bacoooon
LOTS of bacooon just gotta get him first
Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #20
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Understood, I've heard those things can be nasty.