Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

S&W M&P 9C vs. Beretta Nano vs. Ruger SR9C

Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #21
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by megillet View Post
I think that the $549 is fair. Not buy it now crazy low, but fair. I currently carry my HK P30 which is slightly smaller than the full size M&P, but larger than the compact. I have been carrying it appendix at 12:30 to 1:00 and I can hide it fairly well. I get some printing from the length of the grip. I think it depends on where you are going to carry it. At the appendix, I'd go compact. At 3:30 to 4:00, you can probably get away with the full size depending on how often you bend over. I used to carry a LC9 at 4:00, but was starting to get lower back pain from sitting on it while driving (even just for my 30 minute commute). That's why I switched to appendix carry with the HK and so far I really like it.
I'll have to play around with them and different holsters but when I get my concealed I'll probably carry 3-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
No, i just use the 12rndrs that come with it. You will get one mag w/ext and one without, if you call S&W and ask them for one they will send it to you for free. Just be sure and tell them if you have 10 or 12 rd mags. That is if you decide to go with this. I had a Glock 26 gen 4 and we didnt get along. I just could not shoot it very good. Plus You have to buy mag ext's and blah blah. The M&P is like a laser beam in my hands.

:Academy should have them quite cheap.
I'm not talking about just a grip extension for the factory mags.. I want to get a 17 rnd mag, for the full size, but it sticks out the bottom like the full auto glocks. I'm going to have to find a grip extension that slides over the 17 round. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFast View Post
I had a m&p and it was sweet. I sold it cuz someone offered me more than i paid. I am now lookin for another. Im after a full size or even the pro L.
Heres a review on the gun after 21,000 rounds
http://youtu.be/3C6dn-eg-G0
21k rounds!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #22
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
2 I know lots of people will say Glock is the way to go but I wasn't a big fan of how they felt. Would I own one? Yes.

I agree brother. I use to hate the Glock and only owned full-metal guns.. but as you said...shoot one and shoot it often and you will see. My friend had a 19 and sold me on it after I got use to it often. It really grew on me.. It's a blocky gun by a lot of standards, but I will tell you after understanding its anatomy and sight picture..it is the superb poly gun. And pretty much the only one battle-proven polymer contracted sidearm other than the HK.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
I agree brother. I use to hate the Glock and only owned full-metal guns.. but as you said...shoot one and shoot it often and you will see. My friend had a 19 and sold me on it after I got use to it often. It really grew on me.. It's a blocky gun by a lot of standards, but I will tell you after understanding its anatomy and sight picture..it is the superb poly gun. And pretty much the only one battle-proven polymer contracted sidearm other than the HK.
I think it really comes down to what each person is comfortable with. Without shooting them, my choice is going to be the M&P based soley on feel. I did just land a good paying job that starts soon so I might just start my collection
Old 09-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #24
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
I'm biased towards the M&P line up, I love them over all. The only real issue is the factory trigger it seriously needs to be upgraded!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #25
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll have to play around with them and different holsters but when I get my concealed I'll probably carry 3-4.

I'm not talking about just a grip extension for the factory mags.. I want to get a 17 rnd mag, for the full size, but it sticks out the bottom like the full auto glocks. I'm going to have to find a grip extension that slides over the 17 round. I'll see if I can find some pics.

21k rounds!
Yes i know what you were talking about, it was just FYI about the base plate but here is a link to what you are talking about, had one for my glock 26 to use 19 mags. http://www.x-grips.com/products/sw.html
Old 09-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
I'm biased towards the M&P line up, I love them over all. The only real issue is the factory trigger it seriously needs to be upgraded!
Yeah, I've heard this. I've seen some upgrades that provide a distinct click on trigger reset. What upgrades would you suggest?

Quote:
Yes i know what you were talking about, it was just FYI about the base plate but here is a link to what you are talking about, had one for my glock 26 to use 19 mags. http://www.x-grips.com/products/sw.html
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I found the xgrips last night so I'll def pick one up if I go with the M&P.

I appreciate all of the feedback guys!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #27
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have not tried those with my 26 and a 19 mag, but I have seen them. I've tried to get use to shooting well with the stock 10-rounder as it is the shortest profile and hides well. I did buy a few Pearce extended floor plates which are quite nice for the pinky, and some stock Glock + magazines that hold 12. They offer a bit of support, but are smooth which is weird...

like this one: http://www.natchezss.com/images/products/GLMF06782.jpg

Interestingly it still SAYS it holds 10....sooooooo if there ever were a capacity ban....its just a 10 round mag right?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
Even Firemen Need Heroes...
ClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonMGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
ClemsonMGM's Tacoma Gallery
ill put in a good word for the sr9c. ive had mine for roughly 3 years and never had a problem with feeding, ejecting, etc. its cheaper than glock and m&p. the gun is great for the money.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #29
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
S&W M&P 9C

All day. Start a pole mayhaps.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #30
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
I have not tried those with my 26 and a 19 mag, but I have seen them. I've tried to get use to shooting well with the stock 10-rounder as it is the shortest profile and hides well. I did buy a few Pearce extended floor plates which are quite nice for the pinky, and some stock Glock + magazines that hold 12. They offer a bit of support, but are smooth which is weird...

like this one: http://www.natchezss.com/images/products/GLMF06782.jpg

Interestingly it still SAYS it holds 10....sooooooo if there ever were a capacity ban....its just a 10 round mag right?
There are some out there that increase the capacity of the Glock 10rd mag. They have plus 1 and plus 2 exts.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonMGM View Post
ill put in a good word for the sr9c. ive had mine for roughly 3 years and never had a problem with feeding, ejecting, etc. its cheaper than glock and m&p. the gun is great for the money.
I've heard mixed reviews on the ruger but two of my buddies have them and like them alot. They both have Houge grips on them and they are super comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
S&W M&P 9C

All day. Start a pole mayhaps.
I really really like the M&P but is it worth the extra $100+ over the ruger? Does the ruger have good aftermarket support? I'm going to mod anything I get so that's a big part for me. The $8 hogue grip made the ruger just as comfortable as the M&P to me fwiw..

I'm in no hurry now because the special edition ruger was sold the day after I posted this.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #32

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
The Ruger wont have the aftermarket support the M&P or glock will have. All the M&P needs in my opinion is night sights to be perfect. I love the trigger out of the box.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #33

Quote:
The Ruger wont have the aftermarket support the M&P or glock will have. All the M&P needs in my opinion is night sights to be perfect. I love the trigger out of the box.
I figured that would be the case. And that's really interesting on the trigger because that seems to be the biggest complaint on the M&P that I've read. I wish I could shoot both and go from there but idk anybody that has a M&P...
Old 09-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dude, do it right the first time haha don't skimp. Get the M&P and don't mod anything right off because someone else on the internet did. Mod as the need arises. You'll love it.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Dude, do it right the first time haha don't skimp. Get the M&P and don't mod anything right off because someone else on the internet did. Mod as the need arises. You'll love it.
Ha the point of modding to me is to make it my own. I like to make it personal and different, plus, I just love to tinker. I take things apart and put them back together for no reason at all. I get paid tomorrow so I may go ahead and pick up the M&P
Old 09-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Ha the point of modding to me is to make it my own. I like to make it personal and different, plus, I just love to tinker. I take things apart and put them back together for no reason at all. I get paid tomorrow so I may go ahead and pick up the M&P
I couldn't sleep one night and I had gotten a new bike a month or so before so I stayed up and completely disassembled and assembled it. I know how that is haha I haven't modded the Glock too much. Just an extended slide stop and release and better sights.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #37
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Sig P250 2Sum

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...p250-9mm-2sum/

Perfect for going to the range (put fcg in full size kit) and for conceal (subcompact kit)
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #38
NutsTacoma is on a distinguished road

NutsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My wife has the M&P 9c, I like the feel of it, have you considered the glock 26 or 19. I have the 23 and love it