Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Has anyone ever repaired cracked lacrosse muck boots?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone ever repaired cracked lacrosse muck boots?

I've got a pair of Lacrosse Alpha's I've had since I was in college and I love them dearly. However after 5 or so years of hard abuse they are cracking and letting water in on some of the cracks. The soles are in great shape so I'd like to at least get one more season out of them. Muzzleloader opens Nov 2!

What works? Silicon? Shoe Goo? Duct tape?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Yup. Been there man. I used 2 part epoxy JB Weld. Didn't leak at all since last year. I used a Popsicle stick to get it smooth.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
hah. yes! i used shoe goo. i opened up the crack and worked it in and then smeared it on smooth on the outside. if i could do it again, i would roughen the surface with some sandpaper.

the repair has held for two years..same lacrosse boots. the edges are peeling up a tad. i bet roughening the surface would help with that.

it cracked on top where your toes bend? mine cracked fast. i used my boots during concrete pours. ate them up.