Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

scattergun

Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #21
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery

I got this Ithaca Mod 37 Featherlight D.S. Police Special 17 Years ago. Bottom eject is a nice feature. I love this gun, can get longer barrels to if wanted to use for hunting.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #22
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
lots of good info everyone! i already have hunting guns, this one will be strictly for home defense/i need superior firepower. i'd love to get the Benelli, but have decided to upgrade some of my other firearms as well and won't have enough funds for the M4.

as of right now, the Mossberg 930SPX is really catching my eye. still also considering the 590 and the much loved 870. i've never had an auto shotgun before and i think this is the reason i'm leaning toward the 930. the 870 & mossberg 590 have way more accessories that i can add such as a multitude of stocks, forends and sling combinations. below is the 930 i'm considering. need to find a shop that's got one in stock so i can put my hands on it and see how it feels.

thanks everyone for the advice & information! anyone else got pictures of their defense shotguns? if so, post 'em up!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post

I got this Ithaca Mod 37 Featherlight D.S. Police Special 17 Years ago. Bottom eject is a nice feature. I love this gun, can get longer barrels to if wanted to use for hunting.
Is Ithaca even still in business?

I have never used a bottom-eject shotgun, but did once own one of those sweet little Browning semi-auto 22 rifles which eject the empty round straight down, out of the bottom of the gun, rather than the side or top. It was, for me, not pleasant to shoot because when I shoot a rifle from the standing/offhand position I have my left wrist and forearm positioned directly under the action of the gun, rather than to the side, so when the shell ejects straight down it hits me in the wrist and would literally go down my shirt-sleeve if I was wearing a long-sleeve shirt. Hot little bastards!!! I found myself going into contortions to avoid the fired cases, but ultimately gave up and sold the gun. In other words, I definitely prefer side-eject guns!!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #24
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Is Ithaca even still in business?

Well a while back, a long while, I waas looking into the value of some of my guns, I think I remember reading that they downsized, and possibly were bought out(don't quote me on that) but when I bought this gun it functioned,and still does flawlessly. It is a police model, and from what I read here earlier, the Remington did get some extra attention on Law Enforcement shotguns, I have no idea if Ithaca did the same but it has been a great shotgun, when I did a bit more research I found it to have been made in the 1960's, so there is a bit of wear and tear on the wood, but the parkerizing (SP??) is in fine shape. I would put this up to any new pump action any day of the week. By the way it only cost me $150.00 at a local shop. And at the end of the day it's still a pump 12Ga that will do the job.(SAVE THE MONEY FOR THE TRUCK) And I still have my Browning Takedown 22LR, it was my dads gun, he actually bought it through Sears in the 1960's. One day my son will have it. Good luck. Kevin