Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P handgun BS and show and tell.

View Poll Results: If you could only have one M&P what would you choose?
M&P sheild 9mm/.40 5 12.50%
M&P 22 0 0%
M&P 9L 2 5.00%
M&P 9 9 22.50%
M&P 9c 7 17.50%
M&P 40L 0 0%
M&P 40 8 20.00%
M&P 40C 2 5.00%
M&P 45 4.5" 1 2.50%
M&P 45 4" 0 0%
M&P 45c 0 0%
M&P .357sig 4 10.00%
M&P revolver variant 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
I thought the spring was the same for 9mm and .40. Maybe that's not the case in the compact.
It may be that was just my personal experience with swapping the barrel.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I got another 500rds of reman .40 in the mail today from the guys at freedom munitions. I was skeptical at first about remanufatured ammo and ordering online I couldn't be happier. It cost right at 280 bucks for 1000rds so at $0.28 a round you can't beat that. It shipped in 4 days. The brass is very clean and a great alternative to shooting steel garbage through your pistol. So far I put 100rds through a brand new FS .40 with 0 function issues. The ammo burns surprisingly clean and the pistol was not all that dirty. Definitely give Freedom Munitions a chance as they have excellent costumer service as well. Last but not least look at GunBot.com it is a very useful consolodated list of all internet ammo and can be set up for availability and price per round, its very helpful.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...i have an m&p9 and m&p9c... i like them very much, ...but more and more i don't like the triggers (common complaint w/ m&p pistols...) ...but, the m&p9 is a wonderfully pleasing pistol to shoot!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...i have an m&p9 and m&p9c... i like them very much, ...but more and more i don't like the triggers (common complaint w/ m&p pistols...) ...but, the m&p9 is a wonderfully pleasing pistol to shoot!
An apex sear will make you fall back in love with both of your m&ps
Old 10-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #25
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm leaning towards getting a M&P 40 pro (5'' barrel).
Any reason to not get the 5'' barrel? i won't be CCing it,and it'll be a range/woods/truck gun.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I'm leaning towards getting a M&P 40 pro (5'' barrel).
Any reason to not get the 5'' barrel? i won't be CCing it,and it'll be a range/woods/truck gun.
Nope I want to pick up a m&p pro one off these days. The sear in the pro different the normal M&P they have a lighter trigger pull. If your looking for an all around pistol def pick one up! The longer sight radius will help with aiming and shooting at range. Is there any reason you dont want a 5" barrel?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #27
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an M&P 40 full size and compact, and I have an M&P 9 full size.

However, the grips are not ergonomically set up for my hand size/type. I shoot better with my 40 then my 9 and I shoot my Sig P229 DAK 9mm better then either one of my full size M&P's.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #28
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Nope I want to pick up a m&p pro one off these days. The sear in the pro different the normal M&P they have a lighter trigger pull. If your looking for an all around pistol def pick one up! The longer sight radius will help with aiming and shooting at range. Is there any reason you dont want a 5" barrel?
Nope, i just have a voice saying "what if" the extra 3/4'' snags when i need it to be smooth, ECT…
But i think that's just a matter of training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post

However, the grips are not ergonomically set up for my hand size/type. I shoot better with my 40 then my 9 and I shoot my Sig P229 DAK 9mm better then either one of my full size M&P's.
That's weird you shoot the 40 better than the 9.

Those sigs are very comfy to,i was either gonna get a used 226 or a M&P and decided on the smith.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post

Every gun is different, Im better with my 40c than my FS 40. Im biased towards m&ps but I do accept you should carry what you are comfy with and Sigs are sweet.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #30
Quote:
Nope, i just have a voice saying "what if" the extra 3/4'' snags when i need it to be smooth, ECT…
But i think that's just a matter of training.

That's weird you shoot the 40 better than the 9.

Those sigs are very comfy to,i was either gonna get a used 226 or a M&P and decided on the smith.
3/4" from the pro should not be any more of a hassle than the length of a normal fullsize m&p from my experince. If it was an everyday carry gun I could see why there would be a concern but good luck concealing a 8.5" pistol if that was your intent. But from what you stated you will be fine with what you want to do with one. The pro is a sportier pistol and the normal FS is a duty/work horse.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #31
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3/4" from the pro should not be any more of a hassle than the length of a normal fullsize m&p from my experince. If it was an everyday carry gun I could see why there would be a concern but good luck concealing a 8.5" pistol if that was your intent. But from what you stated you will be fine with what you want to do with one. The pro is a sportier pistol and the normal FS is a duty/work horse.
Yeah, i'm just so indecisive.
I could probably carry it if i have to (i'm a big guy, 6'3'' 250 lbs) but i don't plan on carrying it, and i can only carry on private property due to my age.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #32
Quote:
Yeah, i'm just so indecisive.
I could probably carry it if i have to (i'm a big guy, 6'3'' 250 lbs) but i don't plan on carrying it, and i can only carry on private property due to my age.
Get the pro until you can actually carry I think there is more of a fun factor with the pro. By time your ready to carry you can decide what works for you. Im a good size guy and my FS 40 is kinda large for carry. You will be happy with whatever the trigger is going to be slighty better on a pro, but with a little work a FS is a sweet shooter.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #33
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Have had my M&P 9 for a while now. Use the largest back strap which makes the gun fit perfect in my hand. Use a Blackhawk paddle holster for mine. Like the feel and accuracy of mine. Once put a 25 yard pistol slow fire target out a 50 yards and 7 rounds inside the 5 ring.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikoloa Tacoma View Post
Have had my M&P 9 for a while now. Use the largest back strap which makes the gun fit perfect in my hand. Use a Blackhawk paddle holster for mine. Like the feel and accuracy of mine. Once put a 25 yard pistol slow fire target out a 50 yards and 7 rounds inside the 5 ring.
Nice!! I have a Black Hawk padle holster for my FS and it's butter. I wish I could arm up at work with my FS 40 rather than my M9 barretta. I have equal capacity of a harder hitting round and its much lighter.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #35
I do have to say I like how the M&P 9 is the most popular poll pick so far. I see folks understand how effective 9 is and that .45 wont vaporize an elephant just because its a .45. I wanted a 9 but had "settle" for a .40 due to me being impatient. Im happy with my .40 and I know you can convert 40 to 9 but I want to own the full line of M&P auto pistols in the future for shits and giggles.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #36
J11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant future

J11Tac's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted the MP9 Shield when I was shopping but got tired of no stores not having it. Ended up getting the XDs9 and the damn thing got recalled LOL.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #37
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
An apex sear will make you fall back in love with both of your m&ps
yep, ...i'm just a bit hesitant to make changes to carry guns... but, i still love them
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
yep, ...i'm just a bit hesitant to make changes to carry guns... but, i still love them
I fully agree I will not touch a carry gun, but that sear makes oh so much difference!!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #39
Smith & Wesson should build a M&P 1911. Im sure it would be a hit with S&W fans, plus they make a bunch of other 1911's mhmmmm?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #40

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Smith & Wesson should build a M&P 1911. Im sure it would be a hit with S&W fans, plus they make a bunch of other 1911's mhmmmm?
....what they SHOULD make is a 10mm m&p!