Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P handgun BS and show and tell.

View Poll Results: If you could only have one M&P what would you choose?
M&P sheild 9mm/.40 5 12.50%
M&P 22 0 0%
M&P 9L 2 5.00%
M&P 9 9 22.50%
M&P 9c 7 17.50%
M&P 40L 0 0%
M&P 40 8 20.00%
M&P 40C 2 5.00%
M&P 45 4.5" 1 2.50%
M&P 45 4" 0 0%
M&P 45c 0 0%
M&P .357sig 4 10.00%
M&P revolver variant 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #41
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
....what they SHOULD make is a 10mm m&p!
I actually had this conversation yesterday!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #42
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
In surprised 3 people voted for 357. I've never even seen one.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #43
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
In surprised 3 people voted for 357. I've never even seen one.
Ha me either I voted for it just because I think it's a unique/B.A.M.F. caliber. I'm going to get a .357 barrel for my .40 in the future if I can find one. I think it's funny that it's basically they same thing as a .40 except the barrel of course, but they are more expensive than a .40
Old 10-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #44
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Ha me either I voted for it just because I think it's a unique/B.A.M.F. caliber. I'm going to get a .357 barrel for my .40 in the future if I can find one. I think it's funny that it's basically they same thing as a .40 except the barrel of course, but they are more expensive than a .40
Yep, they're a little bit more $$, but they have better performance than a 40 (think 357 magnum out of a 4'' barrel).
Old 10-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Yep, they're a little bit more $$, but they have better performance than a 40 (think 357 magnum out of a 4'' barrel).
.357 Sig is a .40sw case necked down to a .357 hense why you only need a barrel to make the swap. It makes higher chamber preasure and feeding reliability goes up because it's a bottle neck cartridge. There are a few factory loads out there that are pretty hot. Check out buffalo bore if you want to see some performance loads.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #46
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
....what they SHOULD make is a 10mm m&p!

Sir, you are a genius. I am sick of Glock having the popular polymer 10mm pistol.

I have a 9c and thinking of adding a Shield to my collection. I have a Browning Hi-Power and a Sig 1911 TacOps but I can't shoot either of them as well as my M&P. Mine has never has a single issue after ~800 rounds. Easy to maintain, easy to aim, easy on the pocketbook, just a well designed firearm.

I like shooting my buddy's with the Apex kit at the range but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with it on a concealed carry gun with no manual safety. I will also be adding a FS at some point.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Sir, you are a genius. I am sick of Glock having the popular polymer 10mm pistol.

I have a 9c and thinking of adding a Shield to my collection. I have a Browning Hi-Power and a Sig 1911 TacOps but I can't shoot either of them as well as my M&P. Mine has never has a single issue after ~800 rounds. Easy to maintain, easy to aim, easy on the pocketbook, just a well designed firearm.

I like shooting my buddy's with the Apex kit at the range but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with it on a concealed carry gun with no manual safety. I will also be adding a FS at some point.
Apex makes really nice stuff. I let a buddy give my trigger a try on my FS because he knew what it was like before I hooked it up with apex. He was amazed at the differnce and wants an M&P now, thats saying a lot if you know him.

If they made a 10mm I would for sure buy one just own one, such a brutal cartridge!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #48
shotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: DUSTOFF
shotgunshooter3's Tacoma Gallery
My REC/fun gun is a full-size M&P9 with the Pro Series trigger and a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight. Pretty good gun, and I got a good deal on it. I will probably put some Heinie Straight Eights on it soon.

If for some reason I had to get rid of it, I'd replace it with another one or a Glock 17.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshooter3 View Post
My REC/fun gun is a full-size M&P9 with the Pro Series trigger and a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight. Pretty good gun, and I got a good deal on it. I will probably put some Heinie Straight Eights on it soon.

If for some reason I had to get rid of it, I'd replace it with another one or a Glock 17.
You should throw up some pics friend!

Why would you ever want to replace it with a Glock? I understand why Glocks are designed like they are but it feels like they're made for old people with oversize features so they can see them. I'm not knocking' Glocks reputation but they just aren't for me. Going from M&P to Glock would be like down grading IMHO. When I pick up an M&P it just feel like quality from the way it fits in your hand, the tightness, and not to mention the fish scale slide engraving. When I pick up a Glock it feel run of the mill. Everyone is entitled to their own but I couldn't do it. Please fill free to give me your opinion on why you would switch.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #50
ironmanjay is on a distinguished road

ironmanjay's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for a conceal carry weapon so if anyone would like to sell please let me know.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #51
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
i have a M&P40 full size its stock internally. although now i run compact baseplates on the mags because they dont stick out as far and catch on other mags when you carry two extra etc. I had a M&P9c i sold it got a little road rash from a motorcycle wreck when i laid a bike down but i plan on eventually replacing it with the M&P357c so i can use all the same mags from my full size.

its what i carry when i carry a full size gun. in the pics is my Ryan Grizzle made holster

Old 11-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #52
Thats a fancy holster friend! I've never thought about running compact floor plates on FS mags. Mhmmm
Old 11-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #53
jparker1167 is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jparker1167's Tacoma Gallery
my m&ps

Hey guys here are my M&P's. The full size is a .45 with a crimson trace laser, rail light, and aac suppressor. The small one is the .40c with a rail light and the xgrip mag adaptor and a full size magazine. I also have an m&p ar 15 and the 15-22.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #54
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats a fancy holster friend! I've never thought about running compact floor plates on FS mags. Mhmmm

Taco Tx actually sent me his for free a while back since he moved to the pinky extension on his compact iirc

also i highly recommend www.rgrizzleleather.com to anyone he has a waiting list after being featured in some mags now..also Chuck Barber at CB Leather works does amazing work you can get it super simple or all out custom and he has a pretty fast turn around. ive gotten two holsters and two wallets from CB

my wallet front and back on the right in both of these pics

my motorcycle wallet when im riding

one of my holsters from CB

and I have a holster from Stephen Mallis at SCS Custom gun leather he made the holster for my XDS along with the belt

Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #55
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up a Galco summer comfort for my 9c yesterday. Really liking it so far.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #56
Master of Yotas I Am
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Master Yota
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had the M&P 9mm, sold it for a bigger caliber
Old 11-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker1167 View Post
Hey guys here are my M&P's. The full size is a .45 with a crimson trace laser, rail light, and aac suppressor. The small one is the .40c with a rail light and the xgrip mag adaptor and a full size magazine. I also have an m&p ar 15 and the 15-22.
dat suppressor & why shave the beaver tail off of the .40? Is that for less hang up or less profile for conceal carry?

I have both the 40 FS and 40c. I like my FS more but Im better at close ranges with my compact.

I to have an M&P 15 AR AND 15-22, love everything about the two.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDtexasTaco View Post
I had the M&P 9mm, sold it for a bigger caliber
Not to start a battle for the caliber war but why the change? Not comfy with 9? Im interested.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #59
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dat suppressor & why shave the beaver tail off of the .40? Is that for less hang up or less profile for conceal carry?

I have both the 40 FS and 40c. I like my FS more but Im better at close ranges with my compact.

I to have an M&P 15 AR AND 15-22, love everything about the two.
It's the compact model, the don't have the beavertail like the full size. My 9c above doesn't have it either.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #60
Master of Yotas I Am
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Master Yota
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not to start a battle for the caliber war but why the change? Not comfy with 9? Im interested.
no the 9MM is a great shooting gun. x cept it a little large and heavy for concealed carry. I have a gen 4 glock 23 .40. Its a little smaller wayy lighter super easy to conceal. plus 9mm ammo around here was a pita to find