LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Smith & Wesson M&P handgun BS and show and tell.

View Poll Results: If you could only have one M&P what would you choose?
M&P sheild 9mm/.40 5 12.50%
M&P 22 0 0%
M&P 9L 2 5.00%
M&P 9 9 22.50%
M&P 9c 7 17.50%
M&P 40L 0 0%
M&P 40 8 20.00%
M&P 40C 2 5.00%
M&P 45 4.5" 1 2.50%
M&P 45 4" 0 0%
M&P 45c 0 0%
M&P .357sig 4 10.00%
M&P revolver variant 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Smith & Wesson M&P handgun BS and show and tell.

Recently purchased my second M&P hand gun, which by the way is a FS .40. I love every thing about the M&P line including thier rifles in which I own a few. This thread is for the M&P handgun enthusiest to show, tell, and BS. Im sure the glock and XD boys already have a thread like this so now they can see what they're missing out on. We can possibly have a meet to if enough people are interested!! So who out there loves thier M&P?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
M&P full size 9 with Apex dcaek kit, and my edc is a 9c in a HSP incog holster.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyfighterx View Post
I loved mine had the crimson trace laser grip streamlight flash light but had to sell It i was hard up for cash a few months back
Sorry to hear that man. I would like to shoot one equiped with crimson trace. What was your favorite thing about it and would you buy another?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattN View Post
Nice my other M&P pistol is a .40c I love every thing about it. I looked at the 9c but couldnt find one at the time 12rds of 9mm out of a compact gun is nothing to shake a stick at. Im in Cali so I have to jump through hoops for a concealed carry but it's obtainable. My .40c will be my EDC and my FS .40 is going to be a dedicated range gun
Old 10-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyfighterx View Post
I really regret letting this one go

It's a beaut I would throw up a pic myself but Taco World is funky on my tablet and I do agree that the M&Ps fit nicely in my hand. I would like to hold a .45c but I have yet to come across one.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
Btw Midwayusa.com has FS .40 mags in stock there is a limit of 2 but I got someone else to order me 2 more. To bad I cant have them in Cali but they are waiting for me in Louisiana.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
Quote:
How do you like that holster? I was looking at crossbreed supertuck but that one looks nice
Old 10-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more than likely going to get a 9c whenever I sell my XDs45...I just wish I knew somebody near me that had one so I could try it out before buying...either the 9c or a G26.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #13
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a FS .40. It's a great gun. I need to get a 9mm barrel so I can practice for cheaper.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #14
babelt is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
babelt's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a FS M&P 9 in a Raven Concealment holster with a Ares Gear Ranger belt. That is the most stable platform that I have every had. Love my M&P.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
I've got a FS .40. It's a great gun. I need to get a 9mm barrel so I can practice for cheaper.
I have a 9mm barrel for my 40c but cant find 9mm mags in any size
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
I have a 9mm barrel for my 40c but cant find 9mm mags in any size
I read on the S&W forums that the .40 mags will work up until the last couple of rounds. Wouldn't want to rely on them when it counts, but just for practice they work fine.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #17
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do you like that holster? I was looking at crossbreed supertuck but that one looks nice
Its a good holster, but its owb. It works for winter carry or just going to the range. The supertucks are nice but pretty bulky. I had one for my glock and didn't think it concealed all that great.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
I read on the S&W forums that the .40 mags will work up until the last couple of rounds. Wouldn't want to rely on them when it counts, but just for practice they work fine.
Ive tried 9mm in 40 mags in my .40c. The 9mm wouldnt stack or stay in the mag very well. Also I think the .40 recoil spring was to much for 9mm. I will say the recoil spring was fairly new (> 500rds) but it had funtion issues and the action felt like it was binded for some reason with the 9mm barrel.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its a good holster, but its owb. It works for winter carry or just going to the range. The supertucks are nice but pretty bulky. I had one for my glock and didn't think it concealed all that great.
You can get IWB loops for that holster.

I just ordered an Atomic Dog holster for my Sig with hard loops for OWB and soft loops for IWB.

They make dedicated IWB holsters too that look really nice.
http://atomicdogholsters.com/Store.h...37&id=27538191
Old 10-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ive tried 9mm in 40 mags in my .40c. The 9mm wouldnt stack or stay in the mag very well. Also I think the .40 recoil spring was to much for 9mm. I will say the recoil spring was fairly new (> 500rds) but it had funtion issues and the action felt like it was binded for some reason with the 9mm barrel.
I thought the spring was the same for 9mm and .40. Maybe that's not the case in the compact.