Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Pocket Pistol

Old 10-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future

02Duck's Tacoma Gallery
I would take a look at the S & W Bodyguard 380.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I have a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380.

There's also a wheelie version of that which is the Bodyguard 38.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #22
jhamm2287 is a glorious beacon of lightjhamm2287 is a glorious beacon of lightjhamm2287 is a glorious beacon of lightjhamm2287 is a glorious beacon of lightjhamm2287 is a glorious beacon of lightjhamm2287 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jerry
jhamm2287's Tacoma Gallery
I second the PPK. It's slightly larger than the more modern polymer .380s, and is a little heavier. However, it absorbs a lot more of the recoil than the lighter pistols due to this as well. There is an article I read about it recently that talks about how if you do have to pull your weapon, which hopefully you never do, the PPK looks like a gun, where the newer, smaller pistols get lost in your hands. As a lot of situations are stopped by the mere sight of a pistol, the PPK is easier to recognize. It is also a very accurate little pistol. Amazing what a 3.5inch fixed barrel can do. I carry mine during the warmer months when I can't carry my USP. I have about 1200 rounds through it with 0 hiccups so far. I carry it IWB in a Theis holster, as it hides a little better that way.

And you get to look like James Bond.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Seems the more research I do, the more people suggest the LCP.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
stroked383z has a spectacular aura aboutstroked383z has a spectacular aura about
stroked383z's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an LCP w/laser and a Bodyguard .380. Both are fantastic and kick like crazy. Both have a long stiff trigger. LCP is thinner. My trigger finger was more sore after the LCP. So I am going to do the Galloway trigger mod on the LCP when it ever comes back in stock. Both of mine need to be shot more though. Not broke in fully yet. Had about 50 rounds through the Bodyguard and only 12 through the LCP lol.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by accesscab View Post
I've been looking to get a little 380 pocket pistol to carry when I go running or don't want to carry my Glock 19. I have been looking at the Taurus TCP and the Ruger LCP. I have recently come across a DiamondBack DB380 and wondered if anyone has had any experiences with any of these? Or maybe another I have left out?
Must be a rough neighborhood to be running in. Out of the three, I'd go with the LCP. Someone suggested PM9 as well which is a great gun but double the price of the LCP.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #27
Madrock05 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Senior airmen crew chief 1st special ops group
Name: Joel
Madrock05's Tacoma Gallery
I had the S/W bodyguard .380. Loved that gun. The most bang for your buck IMO.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #28
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
I have a tcp. Can't say i love it or hate it. It's a bit finicky with the type of ammo you put in it. It is what it is for the price, it hides very well and hope to god i never have to use it. Actually looking to sell it for a sig p290rs pocket 9mm.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #29
J.man is on a distinguished road
J.man's Tacoma Gallery
Sig p238 hands down best 380 ive ever shot. Little pricey but worth every penny.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #30
JWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JWC's Tacoma Gallery
I'll second what J.man just said. My P238 is my favorite gun. It is small - but you can shoot it at the range all day. It is a hell of a lot more accurate than I am - that is for sure. Probably more accurate than you really need a small gun like this to be. Put it in an inexpensive Remora holster and carry it in my pocket a lot.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #31
off road is on a distinguished road
off road's Tacoma Gallery
Just to be weird in an autopistol discussion:

When I mountainbike in the lowland valleys where there are big cats (but no bears....I hope), the 11 oz. S&W 360PD wheel gun is my choice. Stoked with Hornady Custom 125 gr, .357's.

When I head up into the mountains where there are bears, I switch to a 26 oz. S&W 329NG, stoked with Hornady Custon 240 gr, .44 mag.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #32
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
P238 is a great gun.. I love mine.. but it is not a good gun for running..
by the way.. for you P238 guys.. for about the same size.. the P938 is a much better gun.. got one a bit ago and it shoots so much nicer than the 238.. and can shoot longer between cleanings.. where the 238 really gums up fast when dirty…
also.. check out the sig brand pocket holster for it.. black leather.. fits great.. does not print.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #33
Smashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Smashing's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a TCP fan. Current models have the bugs worked out and you can't beat the price. The LCP is my second choice. I almost pulled the trigger on the Bodyguard but I don't like the laser button in front of the trigger guard. I'd much rather have one that's on the grip.
The TCP goes almost everywhere with me. Even fits in my jeans front pocket. Pass on the .380 hollow points just load ball ammo.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #34
JWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JWC's Tacoma Gallery
Beavis - I know what you mean about the P238 not being a good gun to run with. My wife and I do a lot of running/biking. Usually when we are biking we are out in the middle of nowhere - so I usually have the P238 in a low profile backpack or in a fanny pack. This works fine. I did try to run with the P238 in a fanny pack - no good, the gun is a little too heavy and the fanny pack bounced around like crazy. This was in just a regular old black fanny pack that I got at Walmart for like $10. I looked online and I did find some fanny packs that are designed to fit tight on your body and to fit tightly around what you put in them - I can't recall the name of them - but they looked like they were made of a stretchable neoprene type material. I don't recall them being real expensice - I think around $25, or so. I was meaning to get one and try running with the P238 in it but have not gotten around to it. Has anyone tried using one of these type fanny packs with a small gun. I'm sure it would work better than a normal fanny pack - just not sure it would work good enough. I think it might have been called a SPIBlelt (Small Personal Item = SPI). The smallest size looked like it would hold a cell phone - but there was a larger size that a P238/P938 sized gun would fit in - tightly, but thats the idea. Was not sure if it would hold tight enough to your body to keep the pistol from bouncing around a lot.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #35
NRA Endowment - Member
mwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwc273's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
stay away from the TCP.. they are hit and miss.. mine is a miss..
replaced it with the sig P238.. love that gun.
I too, highly recommend the P238. It's not the cheapest by far. But it is capable of putting every round in a paper plate at 75 feet. How many other "pocket pistols" will do that?!?
Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Kel Tec P3AT

Haven't ran with it but have carried during summer time, throw it in the back pocket in a velcro holster with the belt clip on it and I (honestly) forget it's there sometimes
I always liked this gun. with the clip on the side like that you put it in your front pocket and it looks just like a pocket knife. My Friend had one and you never could tell that it was a gun. I shot it at the range a couple of times and it was very consistent.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
texascolt45 is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
texascolt45's Tacoma Gallery
the kel-tec is what ruger copied.buy whatever suits you.i do vote kahr p380.mines been flawless,and they do make a cheaper version.the cheaper one only comes with one mag.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #38
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING.TACO View Post
yeah cause you know carrying while your running or working out is such a big concern..

Listen I was hoping to get an honest opinion while we are on the subject, I am looking for something convenient to carry while I'm taking a shower ?

^^ oh look a doushbag. Hi doushbag
Old 12-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #39
Bad Spuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
I'm a TCP fan. Current models have the bugs worked out and you can't beat the price. The LCP is my second choice. I almost pulled the trigger on the Bodyguard but I don't like the laser button in front of the trigger guard. I'd much rather have one that's on the grip.
The TCP goes almost everywhere with me. Even fits in my jeans front pocket. Pass on the .380 hollow points just load ball ammo.
I bought one about a year ago.. it is the most finniky gun I own.. completely unreliable.. stays in the safe only because my son likes to shoot it. so if they made changes since then.. um.. mayby ok.. but really those guns are cheap, and hit or miss..
Old 12-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
Bad Spuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING.TACO View Post
takes one to know one...