Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Pocket Pistol

Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
accesscab is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
accesscab's Tacoma Gallery
Pocket Pistol

I've been looking to get a little 380 pocket pistol to carry when I go running or don't want to carry my Glock 19. I have been looking at the Taurus TCP and the Ruger LCP. I have recently come across a DiamondBack DB380 and wondered if anyone has had any experiences with any of these? Or maybe another I have left out?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by accesscab View Post
I've been looking to get a little 380 pocket pistol to carry when I go running or don't want to carry my Glock 19. I have been looking at the Taurus TCP and the Ruger LCP. I have recently come across a DiamondBack DB380 and wondered if anyone has had any experiences with any of these? Or maybe another I have left out?
I carry my H&K Compact Tactical USP have you looked at the H&K USP compact?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
TrailWolf is on a distinguished road
TrailWolf's Tacoma Gallery
Skip the Diamondback - its shit.

If you are dead-set on a small .380 get the LCP and don't look back - the new models have usable sights and a nicer trigger. Its reliable, cheap and accurate.

I have gone through .380s and J frames for small pocket guns and always go back to my Glock 26 - you can absolutely make it work for jogging and you already have a 19 so can share ammo and mags and some of the parts if need be...
Old 10-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
I carry my H&K Compact Tactical USP have you looked at the H&K USP compact?

It is roughly the same size as my Glock, I was looking toward something more micro. But thanks for the reply!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I vote LCP as well. Im looking at one soon myself. Recent thread here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...ruger-lcp.html
Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Kahr P380
Old 10-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Kel Tec P3AT. I've had it for 8 yrs of faithful service, on duty and off. The LCP is a fine gun as well. See which you like better or can get a better deal on.

The 26/27 are great guns, just bricks. I have an xd40 sub compact, a brick.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
i have a walther ppk .380 for sale, it would be great for a pocket pistol.
the barrel is 3.5inches
Link: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...n-sale-az.html
Old 10-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger LCP ... shot my brother in law's this past Summer. Nice little pistol and shot comfortably ... even for a meat fisted moose man.

If I was looking for pocket pistol for the type activity you are ... that's the direction I'd go. FWIW
Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Ruger LCP ... ... even for a meat fisted moose man.

Haha quote of the year award.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
Kahr P380
This. Own this one and love it:
Old 10-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #13
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Kel Tec P3AT

Haven't ran with it but have carried during summer time, throw it in the back pocket in a velcro holster with the belt clip on it and I (honestly) forget it's there sometimes
Old 10-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #15
HHogrider will become famous soon enough

Army: SFC, Field Artillery
Name: Mark
HHogrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by accesscab View Post
I went LCP with the laser and have been very pleased
Attached Thumbnails
Pocket Pistol-img_0842.jpg  
Old 10-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #16
FATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFATaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Artillery! Boom
Name: Friends call me Ginger
FATaco's Tacoma Gallery
I vote LCP as well. Love mine, fits in almost anything.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
stay away from the TCP.. they are hit and miss.. mine is a miss..
replaced it with the sig P238.. love that gun.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #18
Kahr is awesome, just out of my budget lol

I plan on going to another gun store this weekend to see what all I like
Old 10-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #19
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
CW380 is $200 less (msrp) than the P380..
Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
Petrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
There was a time when locked-breach 9mm pistols weren't small enough for the application you are seeking to fill. In those days, a .380 was about the biggest round that would work in simple blowback type pistol and therefore the .380 became to go-to small pocket pistol. Those days are over and there are many good small locked breach designs capable of handling a 9mm cartridge. (Kahr PM9, Ruger LCP, etc.). I agree that the Glock 26 isn't really a pocket pistol but the Kahr PM9 is and it functions like your G19. Not only are the terminal ballistics of the 9mm far better than any .380, your logistics will be simple with a common round for both your G19 and whatever small 9mm you add to your self defense toolbox.