Browning BPS, which one?

View Poll Results: Which BPS?
Camo model and hope it doesn't wear 2 66.67%
stalker model with camo skin (that's supposed to be waterproof) 0 0%
other (please comment) 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Browning BPS, which one?

I'm getting a BPS soon, it'll be a duck/trap/turkey/upland gun, 3.5'' chamber.
So my choices are the stalker model (black synthetic stock) and the camo model (infinity break-up).
I want the camo to break up the outline of the gun while hunting, but i've been reading that the dura-touch doesn't hold up that well, so if i got the stalker i would get a mossy oak kit to camo the gun.

I haven't read anything about the mossy oak kit allowing water to get under it and rust, and i've read that the dura-touch might wear enough to let rust form underneath.

Thoughts?
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't go with the mossy oak kit, my brother put it on his Mossberg, it just looks cheap to me. If you want to break up the guns shape, factory coatings usually hold up well. You will get wear spots eventually but regular maintenance will keep your shotgun rust free. I always coat mine with Rem-oil before hunting just to be sure. You could always go with a custom rattle-can pattern but it can be a little scary spray painting a new firearm. For simplicity, I vote for the factory camo model.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I wouldn't go with the mossy oak kit, my brother put it on his Mossberg, it just looks cheap to me. If you want to break up the guns shape, factory coatings usually hold up well. You will get wear spots eventually but regular maintenance will keep your shotgun rust free. I always coat mine with Rem-oil before hunting just to be sure. You could always go with a custom rattle-can pattern but it can be a little scary spray painting a new firearm. For simplicity, I vote for the factory camo model.
Thanks for the input, i'm leaning that way also, if i see some wear i can always put some tape where my hands are to keep it semi-factory.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Me personally since the bps has gorgeous lines I would get the wood stock.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Me personally since the bps has gorgeous lines I would get the wood stock.
I'm eventually gonna get a wood stock and fore arm, but they don't offer a 3.5" chamber with the wood trim.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, i thought i had my mind made up on the BPS, but the other night at dinner my cousin got his new stoeger m3500 out and it felt really good, so i'll make my decision next weekend when i go hunting.
I'll be able to try a BPS,3500. and a 11-87