LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

well. looks like i am going to buy a new bow this year!!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
well. looks like i am going to buy a new bow this year!!

i think i have had enough with my current bow. Mathews Z7.

great great bow. but why change?

the bow sometimes doesnt feel like it fits. i have to wiggle into my anchor point. the axle to axle is just a bit short. the peep is so far from my eye cuz of the bigger string angle. the draw is smooth, but it feels every bit of the 70lbs draw weight. my shoulder is perma-sore so i need a smooooooth draw. and the Z7 is an absolute hotrod. the bow wants to shoot. i really have to pay attention to my back tension. the wall is short, and the power stroke is a millimeter away.

i am 90% sure my new bow will be an Elite Energy 35. 35" of ATA beauty. i shot one this weekend and it was freaking amazing!! i could hold the bow at half draw!!

second choice is ELITE energy 32. 32" ATA. tough choices. i have to shoot both again.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
Tug Life
RnP78 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
RnP78's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried Elites Answer?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnP78 View Post
Have you tried Elites Answer?
they discontinued that bow. my shop doesnt have one.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Tug Life
RnP78 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
RnP78's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok. The shop I use to work at got one when they first came out with it. Lived that thing. Shot smooth nice clean draw and the let off was crazy. Elite in my opinion is the best followed closely by bowtech. Elites Hunter and the Judge from a few years back were my favorite though.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
well, i am now officially "poor".

damn.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
well, i am now officially "poor".

damn.
haha...how much?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
cstallings is on a distinguished road

cstallings's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they discontinued that bow. my shop doesnt have one.
I have a 2012 elite hunter and I've shot a 2013 answer, which was amazing. I know you can get a 2013 for sure. Not sure about the 2014, but it would seem dumb to discontinue the answer.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
haha...how much?
a lot. so much so, that when my wife asked the same question, i replied, "look puppies!"

(bow, quiver, new rest, new peep = $1100..i used my old sight, and arrows)

shit is getting expensive.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
I'm as against the Mathews brand as any other Hoyt guy but my buddy just bought the Mathews Creed and absolutely loves it. I shot it a few times to get a feel for it and although its got a nice release, the draw back is a pain. Have you looked at Hoyt? I've always been able to find a winner there. Very Pleased.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
AG87BlkLX is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
AG87BlkLX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
a lot. so much so, that when my wife asked the same question, i replied, "look puppies!"

(bow, quiver, new rest, new peep = $1100..i used my old sight, and arrows)

shit is getting expensive.
So true.

That's why I'm sticking with my Mathews Switchback XT. I know there are better bows out there now but I hit what I shoot at & it's pretty dang smooth. If it breaks & I'm forced to buy a new bow I have no idea which direction I will go. It will be fun test shooting all the brands.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG87BlkLX View Post
So true.

That's why I'm sticking with my Mathews Switchback XT. I know there are better bows out there now but I hit what I shoot at & it's pretty dang smooth. If it breaks & I'm forced to buy a new bow I have no idea which direction I will go. It will be fun test shooting all the brands.
arguably the best bow i have ever owned. i wish i kept it..i wouldnt even buy a new one, knowing what i know now.

dont get rid of that bow. i got rid of mine for the dumbest reason..i thought it was starting to look "dated". the limb pockets looked so old school. i'm an idiot.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
AG87BlkLX is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
AG87BlkLX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
arguably the best bow i have ever owned. i wish i kept it..i wouldnt even buy a new one, knowing what i know now.

dont get rid of that bow. i got rid of mine for the dumbest reason..i thought it was starting to look "dated". the limb pockets looked so old school. i'm an idiot.
Thanks for the advice. I had someone else say similar things about the Switchback. I guess I got lucky when I decided to upgrade.

The last bow I bought was a High Country Safari back in the late 80's before I bought my Switchback. So you can see I don't upgrade often. Now it looks like I'll just hold onto it for a
long time.