Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

mountain lions in the eastern US

Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #122
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
slightly off topic..
but was in AZ over the weekend.. and snapped this pic.. was about to ash my cigar over the retaining wall.. when I saw this.. scared the shit out of us both.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #123
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Cool i guess thats a bobcat. We have those in ga but I've never saw one alive or roadkill either. I do know a guy that has one mounted, so they must not be as good at hiding as panthers and sasquatch.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #124
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
I know a few years ago the State of Pa was including a survey with the hunting regulations book to fill out if any was seen, for documation purposes. I have hunted the last ten years in Pa but I haven't seen any at all. I have seen Bobcat in other places I have hunted in the Northeast. Never a mountain lion. It's a rumor I hear just about every year, just that a rumor.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #125
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
The DEC claims there are none here in NY State. A lot of people claim they have seen them... I've never seen one personally but have talked with a few guys that are legit hunters and they swear they have. IDK...
I personally have a friend who has taken pictures of one in his backyard

He's presented the photos to the DEP and jokingly (half-jokingly, more like) told them: "Guess you can't very well fine me for shooting something that doesn't exist, huh?"
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #126
nate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shednate121080 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nate121080's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a huge hunter here in western va where it's mostly mountainous. I spend over 200 days of year scouting/hunting and cover hundreds of miles as well as run 18 trail cams. Never seen a track, kill site, photo or any evidence. First trip out west I came across a mule deer kill on the third day. I figured that's because they have them and we don't :-). I'm sure there's the rare traveler/escapee that makes it to the east but seriously doubt there's a breeding population. No such thing as a black one either. With the hundreds of thousands of hunters, trail cams you would think there would be some hard evidence