Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

And you thought finding ammo was bad now.

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #21
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Well only time will tell. Having to import lead from other countries opens the industry to more Govt regulation via things like import tariffs and material bans.

I think it's being shortsighted and naive to declare now that this will have no effect on ammo production what so ever, and your friends in the ammo industry should welcome the fear mongering as it drives up demand for their product.
You clearly are going to think whatever you want despite fact so I'm not going to attempt to convince you otherwise. Perhaps I can interest you on a good deal on a lead foil hat before prices skyrocket?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
is the plant/smelter location toxic? i mean, the plant closes, they cant build a preschool on the plot can they?

it cant be cost effective operating under the scrutiny of environmental watch groups.
These days in many cases due to EPA regulations it's actually cheaper to nuke & rebuild versus trying to being the current facility up to code.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #23
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
U still mad Bro?

The article explains that, but losing the ability to produce lead in this country leaves us dependent on other countries for the product. Which can and will impact supply.

Fear mongering? Maybe. Dismiss it if you want. But it's smart to keep this Administration's anti-gun views in sight. Obama pledged to do everything in his power to restrict your 2nd amendment right.
not mad in the least.
true,
but good to keep an eye out for stuff like this,, but so many other industries use lead in the world that would be put out of business if obama turned the lead tap off. it aint gonna happen.

pulled this off the web..
Storage batteries

88.4%

Ammunition

4.2%

Miscellaneous Uses

2.3%

Sheet lead

2.0%

Casting metals

1.3%

Oxides

1.0%

Solder

0.6%

Billets, ingots

0.1%

Extruded products

0.1%

Bearing metals

0.1%

TOTAL

100.0%

Source: USGS - Gabby (2007)

Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Well if your brother said it then it must be accurate.
Wow okay asshole ... unsubbed

Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #26
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Common household batteries have gotten away from using lead. I'm sure some still do but it's not as common as you'd think. I'm pretty sure Duracell no longer uses lead in their batteries any longer for one. Besides, I can put a lot more lead down range in one trip to the gun club than would be in the number of AA or AAA batteries you'd consume in a year.

I think something like 99% of lead used on construction sites is recycled so it makes sense that ammo would be the same way.
More than just tinker toy batteries.... car batteries, industrial batteries...etc.

That was my point. Ammo isn't going to go anywhere. If ammo goes away....its not going to be due to lead shortages.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #27
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Simple economics thinking says any pinch or shortage in the supply of commodities needed for producing a certain product, will impact the price and availability of that product.

So lead bullets are made from recycled lead batteries, when new lead for the batteries becomes more difficult or expensive to obtain, then there's more competition for the recycled lead. Even if 100% of existing lead is recycled 100% of the time, (which we know isn't true) you'll still end up with shortages as more people enter the marketplace for lead based products. I imagine all lead products could see an increase in price.

Why because the lead used in making reloading bullets falls outside of the marketplace for other lead products?
If ammo is ever in shortage, it certainly won't be because of a lead shortage.

We can't get ammo now... (I rest my case) and its not from a lack of lead.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #28
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to name calling and trying to turn this into a political thread...yall can discuss lead somewhere other than TW

Closed Thread