Notices

Truck gun ideas??

Old 11-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #21
adrenalinejunkie is on a distinguished road
Name: seth
adrenalinejunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
I like the first guys spot under the seat.
i also really like that location but i have a first gen.. cant put a long gun there. i tried
Old 11-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #22
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureseth View Post
Did a search and am surprised i didn't find anything. So ive been casually keeping a revolver in my rig but am now thinking id like a real dedicated truck gun. I was wondering what you guys keep in your tacos and where are good spots to keep them. I have an 01 access cab and am trying to find good spots to keep a long gun. Maybe a better spot for the revolver also.
You didn't search very hard then. There's plenty of threads on this topic already.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureseth View Post
^^ ooh thats not a bad idea.. like a roof rack mounted to the lid? or homemade?
Would most likely be something homemade. Haven't seen a mount like the one I'm thinking. Another idea would be to put it in the actual tool box, but make a mount and divider that would stop stuff in the box from hitting it around turns and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
I like the first guys spot under the seat. I think it would pretty easy to pop open the lid on a aluminum toolbox and a AR isn't gonna be cheap to replace. If you do it that way make sure the mount is sturdy and it will lock the gun up good in it. I doubt most people breaking into cars will have bolt cutters with them.
As long as you lock the tool box, opportunist thieves aren't going to try and get in. It can be done if you have the tools and time, but unless you're in a bad area, that shouldn't be a concern. However, I can say that this is the reason I have stopped myself from doing this. I just can't bring myself to leave one of these guns in the truck. They're soo hard to hide from sight...
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #24
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
any long gun is going to be pretty visible, especially in our trucks with tires and a lift added to it. on the roof anyone that is under like 6feet will just see it. You could do behind the seats and take some old towels to hang off the back using the head rest posts as a mounting feature. double as a seat liner. other than that if you want it hidden you are going to have to make/buy some sort of lockable box
Old 11-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #25
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
any long gun is going to be pretty visible, especially in our trucks with tires and a lift added to it. on the roof anyone that is under like 6feet will just see it. You could do behind the seats and take some old towels to hang off the back using the head rest posts as a mounting feature. double as a seat liner. other than that if you want it hidden you are going to have to make/buy some sort of lockable box
Not true. I have people who ride inside with me for miles who don't even see it. From outside you can't see it.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #26
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
You could always make a PCV tube and shove an M44 Mosin nagant down in it up under the frame?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #27
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Big Sky single mounted in my 2011 Off Road A/C. I like it a lot - well built and very convenient. Might want to think about a Ruger 10-22 breakdown. Very good gun and easy to leave on the floor or shove under the seat. With the tint on the windows it is virtually impossible to see. When I travel/camp I normally am not away from the truck - and if I am or going somewhere away from the truck - that is a reason to take the gun with me.

Lots of good ideas and lots of places to mount/carry a truck gun. Not sure if you are looking to leave a gun in the truck for all the time or just have a place to mount when in motion. I don't leave a gun in the truck full time but the rack works well for me.

Stay safe!!
Attached Thumbnails
Truck gun ideas??-bigskyrack.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
You could always make a PCV tube and shove an M44 Mosin nagant down in it up under the frame?
If it's a Mosin Nagant you could forgo the PVC tube. Lord knows it won't be any less accurate when it comes out for use several years later.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #29
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
If it's a Mosin Nagant you could forgo the PVC tube. Lord knows it won't be any less accurate when it comes out for use several years later.
Lol indeed. Just spray it with wd-40 every so often, and it will last another 100 years. I need to buy about 10 more of them just to have.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #30
Cold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MMC(SW) USN Ret.
Name: Mike
Cold Iron's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 AC and long gun storage was one of my first concerns. I shoot a lot of clays including competition, plus rifle and pistol. Many of my shooting friends have SUV's and Pickups and use a gun vault in the bed or rear of the SUV after they rip out the rear seats. There are quite a few manufactures out there and they are pretty spendy, but if your transporting K and P guns they are worth it. Something like this:

The dog platform threads on here got me thinking... I have no need for the seats in the rear and ripped out the headrests, console and rear seats the first week after I brought the Taco home. And my goal is to securely and safely store and transport longuns, hi lift jack, and the dog. Came up with a pretty decent solution I feel but it will be a couple of weeks before I can put it all up and will create a thread for it when I do.

Used hard maple to create a bolted in frame which holds the hi lift jack in the back part perfectly.

And the leg room fits my gun cases hidden from view.

270 degree hinges on all panels allow easy access.

Final coat of spar varnish is on and drying down in the den now. When I get it completed I will post links to it.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #31
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
^nice platform, I was thinking about making one for my dag since the backseat in a 1st gen xcab is completely useless for people....

@OP, I was thinking about gutting the back rest than figuring out a way to make it open on a hinge..
Old 11-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #32
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
^nice platform, I was thinking about making one for my dag since the backseat in a 1st gen xcab is completely useless for people....
Old 11-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #33
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
For everyday driving, I have a Glock 27 under the seat and I keep a Ruger LCP .380 on me at all times. During hunting season, I usually have some sort of rifle or shotgun in the passenger seat

Old 11-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #34
adamv22 has a spectacular aura aboutadamv22 has a spectacular aura aboutadamv22 has a spectacular aura about

Marines: V22 Flightline Mech
Name: adam
adamv22's Tacoma Gallery
Well heres an idea, Keep in mind, If my guns not in my truck its on me!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-drilling.html
Old 11-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #35
Cold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MMC(SW) USN Ret.
Name: Mike
Cold Iron's Tacoma Gallery
Finished

The end result was worth it to me and works well to keep things out of view.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #37
skiwaves8 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
skiwaves8's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger 40 drivers side front door round in chamber safety on always ready!!
Old 12-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #38
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
This is under my back seats, 24 / 7 / 365...

My 240 grain pill-dispenser.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #39
Toy Truck Fan
Hungry is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army: R Westmr R, 1PPCLI, LER
Name: Barney
Hungry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post
This is under my back seats, 24 / 7 / 365...

My 240 grain pill-dispenser.

JR: Love that pill dispenser. .45 LC or .45-70?

I like that lever gun approach! I was gonna buy an older 870 Winger and keep some ammo in the butt cheek piece for the same purpose!

Cheers,
Barney