Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Why I carry.....

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Why I carry.....

Got this last night and thought I would share!
Why I carry a gun.................................
>
>
>
>
> My old grandpa once said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life
> when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when
> he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed..
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this
> world can be a scary place.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real
> threats in the world.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long
> enough to see the evil in the world.
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I
> understand the limitations of government.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to
> spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I
> want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere
> tomorrow afternoon.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die
> and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know
> how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.. I carry a gun because, unarmed
> and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
>
>
>
> I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and
> the people who make it meaningful to me.
>
>
>
> "Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves..
> Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime
> after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
>
>
>
> Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an
> ass whoopin'."
>
>
>
> ...author unknown (but obviously brilliant)
>
>
>
> Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
>
>
>
> The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS
>

Old 03-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery

Don't have my CCP yet, but I will soon....

Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
With our current goverment you better get it now and hurry. guns are getting scarce, and permit requirements are changing every day.
stay armed and stay strong.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
INAKOMA08
InaKoma08 will become famous soon enoughInaKoma08 will become famous soon enough

InaKoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I just bought a 357 magnum a little bit ago and I NEED to get all my paper work done for my concealed before a certain someone changes a law or two.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
wawireguy is on a distinguished road
wawireguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntacoma View Post
With our current goverment you better get it now and hurry. guns are getting scarce, and permit requirements are changing every day.
stay armed and stay strong.
I hear stuff like this from rabid republicans constantly. My god man get a grip. There is no legislation planned, talked about or concieved that is going to make guns scarce. You might not be able to get a 30rd clip with that but that is about it. Permit requirements for my state have not changed in over a decade in WA. I know people buying up ammo because they think the govt is somehow going to stop ammo sales. Are buying guns because "they are coming" after us. It's people like this that probably shouldn't even own guns.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawireguy View Post
I hear stuff like this from rabid republicans constantly. My god man get a grip. There is no legislation planned, talked about or concieved that is going to make guns scarce. You might not be able to get a 30rd clip with that but that is about it. Permit requirements for my state have not changed in over a decade in WA. I know people buying up ammo because they think the govt is somehow going to stop ammo sales. Are buying guns because "they are coming" after us. It's people like this that probably shouldn't even own guns.

start here:

http://www.rense.com/general85/obs.htm (obama's gun ban list)

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=4329 (gun tracking bill)
http://www.usavsus.info/US-AmmoRegistr.htm (Ammunition Accountability Act)

Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #9
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
I carry for all of the above ........... thanks for the post tdm156
Your welcome! I thought it was appropriate

Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
14 month until I can get CCP. I want it for many reasons, but especially the one about the police protection. Police are NOT incompetent. The only way they could project us better is if they had real time surveillance, but that would send people into a big brother frenzy. Most importantly I go to VA Tech where no one is allowed to carry and if anything like the shooting ever happens again:
Quote:
> I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to
> spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
I carry because Fayettenam is getting worse every day.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #12
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
It has been proven time and again that in crisis or emergency situations, the police and other authorites are too overwhelmed to be able to respond to protect you.

Therefore, you must protect yourselves.

In the intervening time that you call the police for anything, a crime situation could worsen.

There are not a lot of numbers on it, but some numbers do show that citizens who are allowed to carry and that have brandished a gun, have stopped many crimes.

The perp just runs away and the crime is negated. But the reporting of such is so little and under-reported, that we dont' see how many times the armed citizen makes a difference.

Everyone has a right to NOT be robbed, or molested or harmed in any way. Those doing the harm, should realize that if you live by the sword and live that gangster lifestyle, they may die by it.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:59 AM   #13
Ron54 is on a distinguished road

Ron54's Tacoma Gallery
amen

Old 03-30-2009, 03:46 AM   #14
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
fucking gospel.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:33 AM   #15
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No one believes they are going to stop ammo sales. What they DO fear is that they will start laser coding every bullet and casing making it so rediculously priced that they can't afford to buy the ammunition. You need to do a lot more reading to understand the other side rather than shaking your head at it.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #16
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I am one of the "people that shouldn't have a gun" because I am going to the gun show this weekend to buy a couple thousand rounds.

Do a little research. See what happened over in Europe. We aren't paranoid. We are well educated on history and on other governments regarding the matter.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless on any list or new bullshit laws, I will have a way of protecting myself, my family, innocent people & killing the ones who ask to be. That list is hardly all encompassing nor will it ever be as far as I'm concerned. Fabulous OP btw.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm sorry but who the FUCK are you?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
I'm sorry but who the FUCK are you?
Either a government plant or a criminal rights activist. Someone so clueless that he thinks anyone can decide shit for others without majority or just cause is what it sounds like to me.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:50 AM   #20
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Either a government plant or a criminal rights activist.

AHAHAHAHAHA. fucking classic! + rep for you.

fucking criminal rights activists ought to all be fucking taken out back and shot.

worthless fucking scumbags.

Closed Thread