Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

japanese Type 99 arisaka rifle

Old 03-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
japanese Type 99 arisaka rifle

Has anyone ever heard of this type 99 rifle or have any idea the value of it. from 1939-1945 era

There is one for sale locally that has matching numbers, still has the mum intact, and is in pretty good shape with the sling.

Its a 7.7 x 58 caliber

Offered to me at $350. Im considering it as I collect stuff like this. Just wondered if anyone has seen one.

Since it still has the mum it means it was a battlefield find. All of the surrendered versions had the mum scratched off upon capture.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quickly looking I found them for $200 for ok condition. I also found one for $300 and one in great condition with the bayonet for $599

Since the mum is still there I would think it would be a great addtition to a personal collection. I guess it depends on if you can get them to move on the price or if it is something that they are firm on. I think it sounds pretty cool though.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I cannot vouche for the price, but having the mum intact is a huge plus.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

this is from Wikianswers ( http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Value_of_a...risaka_type_99 ) so I don't know the accuracy:

Quote:
Value of an all original arisaka type 99?

In: Militaria, Firearms [Edit categories]
[Edit]

[Edit]
Not much....there are tons of them in the US. But it is a nice, solid rifle to shoot if you can find ammo.

If it's in good shape and has the monopod, bolt cover, leather strap and bayonette then it's worth around $325

If it still has the flower emblem on the top of the barrel then $400.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, i wouldnt even consider it without the mum intact. I have way to many guns already and quite a few from this era. I like the ones that are a piece of history though or has a good story behind it.

I found a great page to deciphor the markings though

http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html

thx for the input though. I hoping to get a little better deal on it. I found a matching bayonet for under a $100 already
Old 03-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
Yea, i wouldnt even consider it without the mum intact. I have way to many guns already and quite a few from this era. I like the ones that are a piece of history though or has a good story behind it.

I found a great page to deciphor the markings though

http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html

thx for the input though. I hoping to get a little better deal on it. I found a matching bayonet for under a $100 already
sounds good, I really wish I had the money to collect like this.