Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Any proud RA XCR owners?

Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
jro1 is on a distinguished road

Name: jesse
jro1's Tacoma Gallery
Any proud RA XCR owners?

XCR-L in 5.56 Nato, Also shown, 7.62x39 kit with the heavy barrel.
Attached Thumbnails
Any proud RA XCR owners?-20140125_104421.jpg   Any proud RA XCR owners?-20140125_104449.jpg   Any proud RA XCR owners?-20140124_183413.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
gopens48 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
gopens48's Tacoma Gallery
I own an XCR-L. It's a fun weapon to shoot, and I really like some of the ergonomics, such as the location of the charging handle and bolt release.

That being said, the weapon has some issues, and I don't trust it enough that I would ever use it in a life or death situation. The company has had some QC issues, and the owner is a self righteous douche canoe. Fun gun for plinking around though.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #3

jro1's Tacoma Gallery
Were your issues mag related? All my issues were with my x39 kit, All were mag related, So I bought the 5.56 kit for reliability. X39 kit is for plinkng!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens48 View Post
I own an XCR-L. It's a fun weapon to shoot, and I really like some of the ergonomics, such as the location of the charging handle and bolt release.

That being said, the weapon has some issues, and I don't trust it enough that I would ever use it in a life or death situation. The company has had some QC issues, and the owner is a self righteous douche canoe. Fun gun for plinking around though.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
No I haven't had any mag related issues. Mine had a head spacing issue, as well as an extractor problem. On several occasions, the bolt completely jammed up with a spent round in the chamber. I would also occasionally get spent casing that would be completely ripped in half.

After quite a bit of trial and error and not being able to fix the problem, the company basically gave me a brand new upper receiver. New BCG, barrel, everything. Since then it has worked great, but having those issues with a brand new rifle just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth as far as dependability goes.

Oh an another problem I had was light primer strikes. The hammer wasn't hitting hard enough to make the rifle go "bang". Turns out, when they first rolled out their rifles, a lot of them had the same issue. They fixed it by replacing it with a heavier spring, and I haven't had the same problem since.

I don't know, maybe a lot of my problems came from buying one when they first came out. Mine has a serial number under 1000, so maybe it was just bad luck with getting a newer one.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #5

jro1's Tacoma Gallery
I belong to the XCR Forum, most guys had the same issues that you did, 98% of the problems were from the first models, they have now since cleaned up the mess. but yes I agree, I once had a bad taste. I feel much more comfortable with my XCR being reliable when it needs to be most!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens48 View Post
No I haven't had any mag related issues. Mine had a head spacing issue, as well as an extractor problem. On several occasions, the bolt completely jammed up with a spent round in the chamber. I would also occasionally get spent casing that would be completely ripped in half.

After quite a bit of trial and error and not being able to fix the problem, the company basically gave me a brand new upper receiver. New BCG, barrel, everything. Since then it has worked great, but having those issues with a brand new rifle just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth as far as dependability goes.

Oh an another problem I had was light primer strikes. The hammer wasn't hitting hard enough to make the rifle go "bang". Turns out, when they first rolled out their rifles, a lot of them had the same issue. They fixed it by replacing it with a heavier spring, and I haven't had the same problem since.

I don't know, maybe a lot of my problems came from buying one when they first came out. Mine has a serial number under 1000, so maybe it was just bad luck with getting a newer one.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
Oh nice, how long have you been on that forum? Depending on how long you've been around over there, you'll know why I have a low opinion of the owner of the company, Alex.

There used to be a woman on there that also worked QC for the company. She was amazing to work with, fixed problems in a day or two, no questions asked. I used to work about 3 minutes away from their warehouse, and she was great to deal with. I believe her name was Tara. She either left or got fired, and since then their QC and customer service seems to have gone to shit. I left the forum right after she left, cuz i got fed up with the owner and the way they were running things.

It's still a great rifle, just have trust issues with it since the initial issues. I do wish more companies would look at copying their ergonomics. I love being able to work the charging handle without taking my eye off the sights.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #7

jro1's Tacoma Gallery
Tara pops in every now and then. I have only been on the forum for about 6 months. great guys to chat with, deffinately helped me work out my bugs.