Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Considering a Glock? Read this

Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #21
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
yeah but your gripe is not with the gun quality its the "feel", specifically the angle. my brother loves them but doesn't want one because the finger grooves in the grip line up just right so that each ridge actually sits in the middle of each finger. he'd get one if he could find one wiht a smooth grip
The grip angle did bother me, but, if you fill the hole in the mag well with devcon or marine tex, and let it dry, you can dremel down the angle.

My grip angle is that of a 1911 now. I did all the work myself with Marinetex epoxy and the dremel with a grinding bit.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #22
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Glocks are awesome weapons however I own and like the Springfield XD series much more.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #23
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i have a 22 and a 27

i love them

i RARELY clean mine and they fire fine everytime and ive had no aim issues

Nate, some Glocks actually come with those tritrium sights...both of mine have them on there (though one is a dept issued weapon) my 27 had them on there and didnt come with the regular sights

i wouldnt buy one without the night sights
yeah, mine came with the tritium sights too, and i would never go back to the shitty stock sights, but its still an expensive option. But i got mine through a cop buddy while he was at the academy in columbia so i got a damn good deal on mine. still, i'd order some stock sights and swap em out and sell the tritiums. i just hate to see them damaged like that. my dad would love to have a set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
I love my Glock 21 SF .45. I saw a video years ago with a Glock that was in a river bed of rock and they ran over it with an APC picked it up and fired all rounds in the magazine dropped the mag and reloaded another mag into the gun and ran all those rounds through. I thought was cool .... boy was I wrong. Still happy with my Colt .45's also. Glocks do what they say they can do right out of the box.
my dad has a 1911 that he loves to death but he'd still chose his glock if he were forced to choose between the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoBob View Post
Crazy torture test.

I have a G22, and sometimes I'm too lazy to clean it after an afternoon at the range. Even though I know it can take a lot without cleaning, I usually end up cleaning it later out of guilt (well ok it's also fun).
i clean other guns right after, but i typically neglect my glock
Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris.jasonm View Post
Glocks are awesome weapons however I own and like the Springfield XD series much more.
my room mate has one of those. i like it alot and it feels great in the hand, but i'll still take my plastic piece of euro shit any day
Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #25
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be getting a Glock 30 as soon as I can put together the money and find one. I've heard nothing but good things.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #26
Matt
loki32687 is a splendid one to beholdloki32687 is a splendid one to beholdloki32687 is a splendid one to beholdloki32687 is a splendid one to beholdloki32687 is a splendid one to beholdloki32687 is a splendid one to beholdloki32687 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
loki32687's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to loki32687
Gotta get my license then going for a G22.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #27
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Your right, the angle is unique. IIRC its all about being able to lock your wrist in the downward position as opposed to straight. Its because ur wrist is more stable when holding a gun and locking downward. Simple test, make a fist in ur dominant hand and angle it down. Take other hand underneith and quickly/firmly push dominant hand upward.

Now do the same with ur fist not locked downward. Odds are ur wrist gives more and ur dominant hand moves upwards a tad more. It doesnt take much for ur shot to be off target.

I believe this was Gaston's thinking when he designed his guns. I could be wrong. Its worthless if you are not comfortable with it tho. Shoot with what u are accurate with. It may be ur life on the line, and I pass no judgement on any manufacturers. Just giving a possible reason to the glocks unique grip.

All I own are glocks and mossy, but after grabbing my 36 which is always nearby I can affirm the glock angle.

anyone else confirm my thinking?
That's the first time I've heard that and could very well be true.
Like I said the Glock is a very well designed firearm when it comes to longevity and reliability. But like you said you should shoot what you're accurare with and for me that is anything besides a glock, lol, at least on a fast draw.
I wouldn't have a problem if I owned several glocks or shot one often enough to get used to the angle, but I don't make it to the range near enough as I should and my time is better spent practicing with what I have. I enjoy cleaning my guns and when they're cleaned properly they're just as reliable (for my needs) as a glock.