Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Considering a Glock? Read this

Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Considering a Glock? Read this

This torture test write up makes me love my model .23 even more. If i had to choose one handgun for the rest of my life it would definitely be a Glock.

http://theprepared.com/index.php?opt...id=90&Itemid=1
Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Glocks are amazing... I LOVE the feel !!

My dad bought one 2 years ago, and still has not shot it ONE time!! Pisses me off
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Glocks are amazing... I LOVE the feel !!

My dad bought one 2 years ago, and still has not shot it ONE time!! Pisses me off

If he isn't using it.....Can I have it? I'm just sayin ....
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
If he isn't using it.....Can I have it? I'm just sayin ....
I want it too!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
damn that guy put those guns threw hell and back.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
damn that guy put those guns threw hell and back.
yeah, and HK's are suppose to be badass but it completely failed.

i put about 500 rounds through mine before without cleaning it. i said i was gonna shoot it until it jammed but i ended up just feeling bad and cleaned it. 15k rounds with no cleaning is impressive. But 15k rounds with sand, dirt, mud baby powder, salt soak, running it over (on asphalt and dirt), soaking it in salt water in a sock and letting it sit for a week, shooting it 10 times with a .22 and probably some other things i forgot about and it STILL fires..... wow
Old 03-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #7

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I remember seeing that on glocktalk.com awhile back but it had video...I love my tupperware guns.
yeah, i remember when they first came out and nobody wanted to touch them because they were "plastic pieces of euro shit". i'm amazed that you can submerge it in sand, mud, whatever, with the slide open and still shoot it. that just doesn't make sense to me
Old 03-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Wow good find ND
Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Wow pretty cool!

I can't help but think about how much time this guy has on his hands, LOL
Old 03-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #11
Lichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lichen's Tacoma Gallery
I have a model 22 and a 27. They put my Rugers to shame.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #12

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasn8dave View Post
Wow pretty cool!

I can't help but think about how much time this guy has on his hands, LOL
or how he can afford to destroy a $500 plus gun OR afford to put 15k rounds through it just to test it. I get the impression he must own a shop or something. Either way, i noticed he has the tritium sights on there ($100plus), you think he would have at least taken those off first and put the stock sights back on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
I have a model 22 and a 27. They put my Rugers to shame.
yeah, they're great guns. as far as durability and construction quality i think they put every other gun in the world to shame. i know there are more accurate guns out there but my glock always hits where i want and i never worry about it jamming

I wish Glock would jump into other parts of the gun market. i'd pay good money for a glock tactical shotgun!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #13
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely trust my Glock. It's ugly, but fires every time i pull the trigger. I clean it about once a year.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #14
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I have a glock 31C (.357) - it's soo fun to shoot. i love it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #15
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be a negative Nancy, but here is why I do no lock Glocks.
If you do not shoot them all the time, the grip angle is awkward and will cause you to aim high when not acquiring your target via the sights.

Sure it'd be nice to be able to throw my gun in the mud and then fire 1000 rounds without a FTF or FTE, but that doesn't help if I can't quickly find my target.
I wouldn't ever carry a Glock, which sounds funny to some of you because it's the one gun you should and can trust to work when you need it to, but I don't.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcorehehaw View Post
I wouldn't ever carry a Glock, which sounds funny to some of you because it's the one gun you should and can trust to work when you need it to, but I don't.
yeah but your gripe is not with the gun quality its the "feel", specifically the angle. my brother loves them but doesn't want one because the finger grooves in the grip line up just right so that each ridge actually sits in the middle of each finger. he'd get one if he could find one wiht a smooth grip
Old 03-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 22 and a 27

i love them

i RARELY clean mine and they fire fine everytime and ive had no aim issues

Nate, some Glocks actually come with those tritrium sights...both of mine have them on there (though one is a dept issued weapon) my 27 had them on there and didnt come with the regular sights

i wouldnt buy one without the night sights
Old 03-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #18
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Glock 21 SF .45. I saw a video years ago with a Glock that was in a river bed of rock and they ran over it with an APC picked it up and fired all rounds in the magazine dropped the mag and reloaded another mag into the gun and ran all those rounds through. I thought was cool .... boy was I wrong. Still happy with my Colt .45's also. Glocks do what they say they can do right out of the box.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
DesmoBob is on a distinguished road

DesmoBob's Tacoma Gallery
Crazy torture test.

I have a G22, and sometimes I'm too lazy to clean it after an afternoon at the range. Even though I know it can take a lot without cleaning, I usually end up cleaning it later out of guilt (well ok it's also fun).
Old 03-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Glocks are fine weapons. I lost mine in a river and when I found it, it was burried in the sand under water. I told my (then girlfriend), "well.....lets see if it'll do what they say", so I picked it out of the sand, gave it 2 good shakes, then pulled the trigger. "BOOM". Out of the 7 Glocks I have had, not one has given any type of failure.