1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rem 700 LongRange 3006

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Mr.Gadget, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Feb 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    Mr.Gadget

Mr.Gadget [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 SR5 SB/2012 DC 4x4 SR5 LB(sold)
    Been wanting a heavy barrel 3006 for several years now.
    At the SHOT show I got word Remington was working on a new LongRange line and would be out soon.
    I put one on order and it came in a few weeks back..
    26" heavy barrel, B&C M40 stock, M700 action, Adj trigger- best I have seen from them.
    Ended up building it up yesterday. Cant wait to shoot it.
    Mounted a Leupold VX3 Long range 6.5x20x50 30mm tube on a 20 min rail and Griffin rings.
    Used the Seekins stud rail for a QD bipod and also lets you use a normal sling mount point.
    I hope it is a shooter. If the weather will ever clear I have a bunch of LC match to feed it....
    Few pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Feb 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    Tackleberry

Tackleberry Rifleman not a cook, Appleseed program

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Shelton, CT
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2011 DC long bed Mag Gray
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Toyota OEM Roof Rack, Console Vault, Weathertech floor liners, LUND bed extender, Gauge pod, Outside Temp, Enviro gauge, Maglite mount, J-hooks for scope stand, MetalMiller's Devil Horns, AVID Light Bar and Side Steps, Pop-N-Lock, Westin Driving lights, Hella 500 Off Road lights, Tacoma Bed Liner, Door Trim Guards, LED dome, map and plate lights
    Nice looking rig, love Remington 700, got one in 308 and another in 6mm Remington. Please post some pictures of groups with yardage. I love to see them. Maybe my next purchase :)
    Good luck with it

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. Mar 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    LaRue Shooter

LaRue Shooter "Keep your dick in a vise."

Member:
    Southern Cal
    Vehicle:
    Built up, locked 06 Sport Access Cab
    Trijicon sticker on rear window.
    Beauty. I just recently started reloading for and shooting a 5R 300 Win Mag that I bought in December of 2012. So far I have managed 3/4 MOA at 100 and ~MOA at 1200 yards with 190 SMK.
    700's just plain shoot right out of the box and seem to only get better the more you pay and the better you feed them.
    A buddy of mine(Iraq and Afghanistan vet) was lucky enough to have his stock 338 XCR rebuilt/rebarreled by the guys who build veteran-purchased M24's, and it easily outperforms his SAKO TRG. Literally same hole performance at 100 yards.

Products Discussed in

To Top