Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Tactical shotguns

Old 03-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #62
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Moving on...

My other "tactical" shotguns...

Old 03-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #63
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice shotguns here
Old 03-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #64
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think an ar is for ur average person either for home defense. Becuz the ar has tall sights on in from the factory for long distance shooting. so using the gun in a close quarters can have an affect on the aiming. So if ur trying to place a well placed shot and ur a person that doesn't know that or well trained for it. It can be a problem not undstanding the height to barrel axis.
Otrisak I understand ur preference but if someone pefers a shotgun that's there opinion and just becuz they don't agree with u doesn't make them wrong its all opinion and there comfortability with what they use.
As far as pros and con's
Shotguns are versatile with ammo. So may different kind that do different things.
Swat uses shotguns for door breaching that not something u use an ar for. Also at close quarters a shotgun is much more devastating of a shot.
Now for the ar distance and capacity. Also full auto if needed

Like I said different tools for different jobs
Old 03-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #65
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Going back to what I posted several times; as it compares to HD/SD it certainly is inferior in most every single category in the hands of the average user as I've already posted.

But, I'll take the bait. In what ways is a shotgun better than an AR for HD? Go ahead and list the pros and cons and we'll have us a debate about it. If you say that it doesn't penetrate as much, you don't even have to aim it or the sound of the pump scares bad guys off I'm not having a discussion with you.
Don't you think you're kind of crapping on the Op's post at this point? Seems you could start your own thread about ARs for HD. OP's post was about shotguns.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #66
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Never mind. Not worth it. I'm sure my years of first hand experience and testing will just be called impossible or I'll just be chastised as trying to force my ideas on others regardless of facts just because they fly in the face of internet opinion. Enjoy your shotgun.
Haha.

The weapon one chooses for home defense is as good as the person using it.