Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Tactical shotguns

Old 03-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #1
Jrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jake
Jrahn0822's Tacoma Gallery
Tactical shotguns

Anyone else have a tactical shotgun that they keep around for home defense? I know lots of guys have their ARs but I can't be the only one who relies on their shotgun.

Just bought this today and it's going to be getting some goodies in the mail this week.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 14" barreled Mossberg 590A1

It certainly has it's own place...but home defense is not it's primary purpose
Old 03-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I have a 14" barreled Mossberg 590A1

It certainly has it's own place...but home defense is not it's primary purpose
Come to think of it.. I HAVE THAT EXACT GUN.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Come to think of it.. I HAVE THAT EXACT GUN.
i wonder why??
Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i wonder why??
Because cool dudes do that?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Because cool dudes do that?
clearly haha
Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #8
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a slamfire ithaca 37 that is similar to tactical, 18.5 inch barrel. a lot of lead down range quickly
Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #9

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I keep a Rem 870 with a Sage International Stock at the ready in my apt. I also have at least 2 handguns in the room. My dog is the alarm.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #10
Aerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Flight Mech
Name: Andre
Aerial Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a benelli m4 semi auto shotgun.. Thing is a beast!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I have quite a few guns at my disposal, but a 20 year old, $150 Mossberg Maverick is the one within reach at night. Literally thousands of rounds through it without a failure. If someone ignores the alarm system and the barking dogs, they are not getting through the bedroom door.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #12

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial Tacoma View Post
I have a benelli m4 semi auto shotgun.. Thing is a beast!
I have that with the factory collapsable buttstock.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #14
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Another Mossberg 88 here. Went "tactical" with it so I could fit the length of pull for the lady, and take some of the recoil out of it.

Was being cheap when I put it together. In retrospect I should have gotten this.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #15
Jwheeler is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
Jwheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Saiga 12 over here
Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #16
livelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant future

Name: SoberDave
livelifetolive's Tacoma Gallery
Kel tec KSG

and my remington 870 Wingmaster. adjudtable stock, rails and fore grip
Attached Thumbnails
Tactical shotguns-imag0201.jpg  
Old 03-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #17
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wincherster 1300 defender, not "tactical" looking, but 8 rounds of 00 buck ought to work for most things around the house.
And my semi-auto hunting gun, stoeger m3500
Old 03-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #18
Jrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jake
Jrahn0822's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like there is some love for a tac shotgun on here.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #19
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
what makes a shotgun tactical is my question.. vs just a shotgun.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #20
USMC War Machine is a splendid one to beholdUSMC War Machine is a splendid one to beholdUSMC War Machine is a splendid one to beholdUSMC War Machine is a splendid one to beholdUSMC War Machine is a splendid one to beholdUSMC War Machine is a splendid one to beholdUSMC War Machine is a splendid one to beholdUSMC War Machine is a splendid one to behold
Marines: Sgt. Intel/Linguistics/Logistics/Infantry
USMC War Machine's Tacoma Gallery

Here is my semi auto Saiga 12. Still have a few more mods to complete it but its a great shotgun for home defense.