Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Open carry?

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #21
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
I could be wrong, unless anything has changed, I'm pretty sure in Kentucky there is no permit or license needed to open carry. In order to conceal carry you must complete a short course.

I don't see the use in carrying a gun around town, I think a knife would work better for self defense (could be wrong my opinion), but could see where it could be useful when hiking or camping. Got Dang Coyotes.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #22
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I would never like to defend myself with a knife. That would be a nightmare. Depends on where you live I suppose. My hometown, I would have never dreamt of carrying. Where I went to college, way different. Even where I live now is kind of small, but the crime lately has gone through the roof.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #23
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
I could be wrong, unless anything has changed, I'm pretty sure in Kentucky there is no permit or license needed to open carry. In order to conceal carry you must complete a short course.

I don't see the use in carrying a gun around town, I think a knife would work better for self defense (could be wrong my opinion), but could see where it could be useful when hiking or camping. Got Dang Coyotes.
lol..
I guess you never heard the old saying..

dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

what are you going to do when you are at the theater, or the mall, or wherever some nut job decides to bring his gun and start picking off people.. you going stop him with your knife when he comes in your familys direction?

I live near, and work in a city.. every day there are murders in this city.. and this is a safe clean city. I choose not to be in the paper tomorrow because some asshole wanted my stuff, or his/ her mental illness told them I needed to be dead.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #24
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
lol..
I guess you never heard the old saying..

dont bring a knife to a gunfight.

what are you going to do when you are at the theater, or the mall, or wherever some nut job decides to bring his gun and start picking off people.. you going stop him with your knife when he comes in your familys direction?

I live near, and work in a city.. every day there are murders in this city.. and this is a safe clean city. I choose not to be in the paper tomorrow because some asshole wanted my stuff, or his/ her mental illness told them I needed to be dead.
Solid points, I'm just of the thought that if it's close combat it's quicker to pull a knife out. I didn't think about instances which were not close combat. I was thinking more so if someone is in your face trying to rob you.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #25
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Solid points, I'm just of the thought that if it's close combat it's quicker to pull a knife out. I didn't think about instances which were not close combat. I was thinking more so if someone is in your face trying to rob you.
I bet I could draw and put one in you before you could draw and stick me.
And if the perp already has gun/knife/bat out, you're going to be hosed. Distance is your friend.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #26

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
And if the perp already has gun/knife/bat out, you're going to be hosed. Distance is your friend.
All solid points. I like to pretend that the world is friendlier than it is.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #27
This....is my BOOMSTICK!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:

There's only one way to settle this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KctqZVYgmO4

Old 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #28
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
There's only one way to settle this:

Old 03-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #29

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bullets travel faster than ninja stars, right? Now you got me wanting to carry a gun all the time.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #30
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Bullets travel faster than ninja stars, right? Now you got me wanting to carry a gun all the time.
Just remember the best gun fight, is the one you can avoid. But if there were no other avenues left... pew pew.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #31
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a real fan of open carry. I think open carry is part of a way to drive anti-gun activists. Scares people who don't know much about guns. I carry concealed everywhere I go. Open carry when I'm fishing down the mountains tho for easy access if bears come out of the laurel... I feel safer.

To each his own!

Old 03-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #32
CJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to behold
Army:
CJ taco CJ's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't even consider open carry.

OC introduces all sorts of issues and cops in most areas don't appreciate it. The last thing I want is some kid yelling "mommy, that man has a gun!"

Old 03-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #33

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ taco CJ View Post
I wouldn't even consider open carry.

OC introduces all sorts of issues and cops in most areas don't appreciate it. The last thing I want is some kid yelling "mommy, that man has a gun!"
I think it depends on the part of the country. Guns are thought of as being more of a tool than a weapon in some rural areas. In some places, not most, people may be more likely to ask about the specs of their gun and compare it to something they have than to be nervous. In some of the towns I live around, I can't imagine a kid ever yelling "mommy, that man has a gun!" unless they aren't from around here and are passing through.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #34
Some who wander are not lost.
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Name: A.J.
TacoTacoma96's Tacoma Gallery
I turn 21 next month and I'm considering getting my concealed weapon permit. The only reason I want to get one is so I don't have to do the waiting period to get handguns. The other day I was in Verizon Wireless and there was a guy in there with a 1911 in a shoulder holster and a Glock in a hip holster. I don't think i'm that scared yet.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #35
MrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud ofMrShoehorn has much to be proud of
Name: Justin
MrShoehorn's Tacoma Gallery
I strictly only carry concealed. I don't see the purpose of open carrying, but I guess it depends on the area too. It'd would probably cause me more trouble than any benefit I could think of.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #36
Willie64
willie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwillie64 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: willie64
willie64's Tacoma Gallery
as my old DI illustrated to me several times, anything you are carrying can be taken from you and used against you. Know how to handle yourself first before depending on anything else.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #37
CJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to beholdCJ taco CJ is a splendid one to behold
Army:
CJ taco CJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think it depends on the part of the country. Guns are thought of as being more of a tool than a weapon in some rural areas. In some places, not most, people may be more likely to ask about the specs of their gun and compare it to something they have than to be nervous. In some of the towns I live around, I can't imagine a kid ever yelling "mommy, that man has a gun!" unless they aren't from around here and are passing through.
Absolutely....there are definitely places where it is acceptable. It is the responsibility of the gun owner to know when/where it is appropriate and be judicious...same goes for CC as well.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #38
cosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
cosmicfires's Tacoma Gallery
I open carry in small town/rural areas although it's not illegal anywhere in Washington state. I've never had a problem.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #39
MARANATHA !!!
TheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheGrayRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie64 View Post
as my old DI illustrated to me several times, anything you are carrying can be taken from you and used against you. Know how to handle yourself first before depending on anything else.
^^^This

Old 03-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #40
Mall crawling like a boss
Twinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Infantry 3/3 I. CO.
Name: Chris
Twinkie0311's Tacoma Gallery
why advertise to be shot first.

I carry concealed for various reasons. Don't like to open carry. For me I don't want to advertise that I have a gun and make myself a target. For me IMHO there's no need to open carry where I'm at. but to each their own I guess. Most people I see around here who open carry unless hiking or hunting just want to show off the fact they have a gun and it's their "right,"

to sum it up I like to carry concealed and that is all.

Closed Thread