Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Open carry?

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #41
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
I mostly do it to endorse 2nd amendment .
Attached Thumbnails
Open carry?-dfggfhdfshgf.jpg  

Old 03-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #42
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
No. I prefer not to advertise. If something were to happen it's like wearing a shirt that says "shoot me first!" except less subtle.
I CC exclusively unless I'm camping, hunting, or hiking.

Also, I can't stand the 'confrontational' open carry people, the tools who strap a gun on just so that they can attract attention to themselves. Those are the ones you always see arguing with the police about their constitutional rights, who aren't helping any of us make the populace more accepting of the right to carry.
+1
Well said.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #43
Twinkie0311 will become famous soon enough

Marines:
Name: Chris
Twinkie0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No. I prefer not to advertise. If something were to happen it's like wearing a shirt that says "shoot me first!" except less subtle.

Also, I can't stand the 'confrontational' open carry people, the tools who strap a gun on just so that they can attract attention to themselves. Those are the ones you always see arguing with the police about their constitutional rights, who aren't helping any of us make the populace more accepting of the right to carry.

+2^^^^

totally agree

also the FBI has done studies on drawing and shooting someone who charges at you with a knife. and they determined that if someone is 21 feet or closer and they charge at you with a knife. by the time you draw your gun and squeeze the trigger they'll be right on top of you.

So practice drawing and shooting from the hip. might save your life one day.

It's called the 21 feet rule I believe.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #44
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrahn0822 View Post
I know that some states you cannot open carry but for those of you that live in states that open carrying is an option do you? I will open carry depending on my attire because with some clothes it's just more comfortable.
I could care less about comfort. The last thing I want is for everyone around me knowing I'm carrying

Old 03-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #45
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie0311 View Post
+2^^^^

totally agree

also the FBI has done studies on drawing and shooting someone who charges at you with a knife. and they determined that if someone is 21 feet or closer and they charge at you with a knife. by the time you draw your gun and squeeze the trigger they'll be right on top of you.

Now taught as the 30ft rule

Old 03-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #46
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
I mostly do it to endorse 2nd amendment .

That's some beard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
+1
Well said.
Quote:
+2^^^^

totally agree

Well thanks, gents.

I'm curious about that FBI study. At 21 feet is the opponent already moving or does he start stationary, and is the knife already out or not?
I'd be interested to read it, if you've got a link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Now taught as the 30ft rule
Funny, with how fat we all are I'd have thought we'd slowed down....

Old 03-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #47
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's some beard...

Well thanks, gents.

I'm curious about that FBI study. At 21 feet is the opponent already moving or does he start stationary, and is the knife already out or not?
I'd be interested to read it, if you've got a link...

Funny, with how fat we all are I'd have thought we'd slowed down....

21/30ft starts wi5h knife out stationary subject I believe...that's how we trained anyways

Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #48

Marines:
don't have a link for it, but if just google 21 foot rule or something along those lines you'll get tons of articles covering the topic.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #49
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Swiss Apple Store:

Swiss Supermarket:

Israel:

Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #50
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Where are all the Arizona peeps at?

I know it's popular there and would see it often when I would visit.

Personally I would never feel comfortable enough to do it myself. I did have a buddy who would have an Open Carry barbeque once a year. It was really cool to put on your "Sunday Best" holster and go have some ribs.

RJM

Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #51
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Swiss Apple Store:

Israel:

I like this one

Old 03-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #52
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
I like this one
With the mag out like that she might as well just be carrying a club...

Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #53
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
i'm all about being able to open-carry
and i did, for a while
but, i didn't like the attention i got when i did it
so, as soon as i got my concealed, i stopped doing it

Old 03-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #54
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
Pa is a oc state and we are fairly liberal about guns but i havent really seen anyone oc'ing. Its crazy easy to get a ccl so that might be the case. $20 bucks some paperwork and about 3 weeks is all it takes. I personally dont and wouldnt oc in public.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #55
Quote:
With the mag out like that she might as well just be carrying a club...
She's not worried being attack by a criminal , she's just ready for war.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #56
jd17usmc is on a distinguished road
Marines: 2nd squad leader, LS1 platoon, 2nd BTO, 4th CLB, 4th MLG
Name: jansen
jd17usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+2^^^^

totally agree

solution.... put a bayonet on your carry pistol... problem solved.

stab then shoot.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #57

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd17usmc View Post
solution.... put a bayonet on your carry pistol... problem solved.

stab then shoot.
Leave it to a Marine to find a solution to that problem hahaha

Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #58
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I see open carry a lot, but I keep mine concealed.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #59
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Care to cite a case where this was ever an issue?

Old 03-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #60
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBrah View Post
Care to cite a case where this was ever an issue?
check out page one of this thread about 3/4 of the way down.

Closed Thread