1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Open carry?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Jrahn0822, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    flatblack

flatblack Well-Known Member

Member:
    CDA
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4 Manual
    I will totally agree with you on that statement. There are many people who are confrontational about it. I have gotten stopped in stores and asked about my gun if I am OC and I be as polite and nice as possible about the situation and will give them my permit showing that I have the followed all legal suits. I have I been asked to leave also due to open carrying in which I do abide to their request and just go out and conceal it if they state that will be ok.

This has happened to me before too
    It's legal to Open Carry, without any permits, in my state
    I was doing so (before I got my concealed) in a gas station/convenient store;
    the cashier lady got all worked up and asked me to leave and a guy in line went nuts on her about how it's my right and all...
    I left as the two of them argued about it. haha

2. Mar 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    cosmicfires

cosmicfires Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Regular Cab SR5 4cyl 5speed 4x4
    Snugtop cab high canopy.
    I've met 2 gang guys (my friends said they were in gangs and one guy told me about his gang connections) both of they saw I was armed and said they don't mess with anyone who can fight back. One friend said the gang guy was scared of me. He was a police informant too who tried to get my friend to buy him guns illegally. I avoid these "friends" now.

3. Mar 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM
    george2pak

george2pak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BIG G
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    4x4 sr5 TRD offroad
    Brute Force Fab front& rear bumper with winch, sliders, skid plates by Relentless, tires 285/75/16" , wheels by SCS , CB Stryker SR497 etc
    I see that there's not to much interest on this subject, but I will promise this:
    If your not gonna exercise this right you will loose it !

4. Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    Oggy

Oggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Phoenix, Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Only time I open carry is when I buy or sell cars to flip, tactical holster with it safely secured. If im dealing with more than 1k cash I want them to know what to expect if they think I'm an easy target. Other than that I keep it at home as self defense.

5. Mar 19, 2014 at 12:07 AM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    Truth

I heard a person say that "if you're afraid of open carrying your weapon because people might get scared and ban open carry there's no use in having the right anyway."

6. Mar 19, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    flatblack

flatblack Well-Known Member

Member:
    CDA
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4 Manual
    i don't disagree with you... and i know this wasn't the intent or underlying message of what you stated
    but, i think there's a common misconception that if a person isn't open carrying it's because they think "people might get scared and ban open carry", or they're afraid of offending people, or they're some kind of sally... or this or that...
    i don't open carry because i freaking hate the attention i get when i do it. period.
    some people, including myself, are just private/introverted people and don't like getting stared at, having random strangers start up a convo with you about your gun (even if it's a pro-gun one), etc. etc.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  7. Mar 19, 2014 at 4:34 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I would like to remind everyone that political discussion is off limits

If you would like to discuss open carry then by all means, but do so without the underhanded political jabs and statements about losing your rights and whatnot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top