Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Open carry?

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #61
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
check out page one of this thread about 3/4 of the way down.
Yeah its extremely rare, you wont be able to find more than a couple incidences if you search.

Also, if more people were OCing, then the crimes probably wouldnt happen. Yeah a criminal may take on a single OCer, but thats not gonna happen if theres multiple OCers.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #62
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBrah View Post
Yeah its extremely rare, you wont be able to find more than a couple incidences if you search.

Also, if more people were OCing, then the crimes probably wouldnt happen. Yeah a criminal may take on a single OCer, but thats not gonna happen if theres multiple OCers.
Do as you like. Free country
Ill cc

Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #63
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Do as you like. Free country
Ill cc
For sure, whatever you prefer, I just dont like seeing the same old myths about OC over and over again.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #64
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
In Lincoln the guys I know who tried to open carry got called in and were told they were disturbing the peace. So since they can't technically tell you you can't OC, they can respond to and give a ticket for disturbing the peace (scaring ignorant people).

Old 03-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #65
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
In Lincoln the guys I know who tried to open carry got called in and were told they were disturbing the peace. So since they can't technically tell you you can't OC, they can respond to and give a ticket for disturbing the peace (scaring ignorant people).
They need to double down then. Exercise your rights or you will lose them.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #66
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
I will totally agree with you on that statement. There are many people who are confrontational about it. I have gotten stopped in stores and asked about my gun if I am OC and I be as polite and nice as possible about the situation and will give them my permit showing that I have the followed all legal suits. I have I been asked to leave also due to open carrying in which I do abide to their request and just go out and conceal it if they state that will be ok.

This has happened to me before too
It's legal to Open Carry, without any permits, in my state
I was doing so (before I got my concealed) in a gas station/convenient store;
the cashier lady got all worked up and asked me to leave and a guy in line went nuts on her about how it's my right and all...
I left as the two of them argued about it. haha

Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #67
cosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
cosmicfires's Tacoma Gallery
I've met 2 gang guys (my friends said they were in gangs and one guy told me about his gang connections) both of they saw I was armed and said they don't mess with anyone who can fight back. One friend said the gang guy was scared of me. He was a police informant too who tried to get my friend to buy him guns illegally. I avoid these "friends" now.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #68
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
I see that there's not to much interest on this subject, but I will promise this:
If your not gonna exercise this right you will loose it !

Old 03-19-2014, 12:04 AM   #69
Oggy is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Oggy's Tacoma Gallery
Only time I open carry is when I buy or sell cars to flip, tactical holster with it safely secured. If im dealing with more than 1k cash I want them to know what to expect if they think I'm an easy target. Other than that I keep it at home as self defense.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #70
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
I see that there's not to much interest on this subject, but I will promise this:
If your not gonna exercise this right you will loose it !
Truth

I heard a person say that "if you're afraid of open carrying your weapon because people might get scared and ban open carry there's no use in having the right anyway."

Old 03-19-2014, 12:32 AM   #71
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Truth

I heard a person say that "if you're afraid of open carrying your weapon because people might get scared and ban open carry there's no use in having the right anyway."
i don't disagree with you... and i know this wasn't the intent or underlying message of what you stated
but, i think there's a common misconception that if a person isn't open carrying it's because they think "people might get scared and ban open carry", or they're afraid of offending people, or they're some kind of sally... or this or that...
i don't open carry because i freaking hate the attention i get when i do it. period.
some people, including myself, are just private/introverted people and don't like getting stared at, having random strangers start up a convo with you about your gun (even if it's a pro-gun one), etc. etc.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #72
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to remind everyone that political discussion is off limits

If you would like to discuss open carry then by all means, but do so without the underhanded political jabs and statements about losing your rights and whatnot

Closed Thread