Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

who is ramping up for Spring Turkey hunting?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #41
Banned
White Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Military Police
Name: David
White Diamond's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryaddict View Post
Nice job OP, way to start things off. More pics?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #42
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Used my new bow! First blood.

Messed up a lucky arrow.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:57 AM   #43
LMBHNGR is on a distinguished road

Name: Tom
LMBHNGR's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done I like the decoy you're using.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #45
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I go for five days starting Sunday. Recent rain storms has the out and about ! And the rain kept the locals from blasting away.

Should be good!

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #46

LMBHNGR's Tacoma Gallery
I've been chomping at the bit here in NH as well I've got to wait until April 28th so I've been busy scouting. It seems like their throats just thawed out in the last few days here & they're getting vocal. This guy might make my "dirt nap" list after checking out his hooks through my spotting scope

Then there's a few birds in my backyard that I've been messing around with between scouting & killing time

Old 04-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #47
I have nothing but respect and admiration for you guys living with real winters.

I would freak out. My wife would die. She was born in the tropics.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #48

LMBHNGR's Tacoma Gallery
LOL... we love winter but after this year, I'm ready to kill Mr. Winter Hell I'd even double tap him over & over!! The crow hunting was ruined & worrying whether birds & deer will survive really blows.

I was out last week trying for crows & I broke through the snow crust. I didn't stop until I was well over my knee
Old 04-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #49
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GANGGREEN View Post
Spring turkeys, like these? The truth is that I used to be as avid a turkey hunter as there was alive but I'm past that. I suppose I've killed enough and enjoy other things about the outdoor experience more. I'll still go this spring (probably just in my home state, though I will be in West Virginia camping for a week during their season as well) but I now hunt with a flintlock fowler that I built and I'm as likely to watch one walk or take photos as I am to shoot it.

I figured I'd bump into ya somewhere.
I'll be hunting with my flinter in my home turf this year.
Did well in your turf last year.
Cheers.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #50
tacoglock19 is on a distinguished road

tacoglock19's Tacoma Gallery
Just thought I would share these two birds. Killed yesterday. My dad busted a nice tom yesterday morning here in GA. It had a 10 1/4 inch beard, 1 inch spurs, and weighed in around 20 lbs. The second pic is his brother. He killed his at almost the exact same time in TN. 10 1/2 inch beard, 1 1/4 inch spurs, and weighed 22 lbs. I am hitting the woods this weekend here in GA to see if I can't bust one up also.

EDIT: not sure how this is possible but they both managed to knock the same tail feather out of each bird. LOL.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #51
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Got my daughter's boyfriend on his first turkey today. It came in on a rope and put on a nice show with lots of vocalization.
Attached Thumbnails
who is ramping up for Spring Turkey hunting?-drews-first-bird-018.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #52
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Buddies found a few Toms but they were all on private, guess its going to be harder than we thought
Old 04-24-2014, 05:04 AM   #53

Quote:
Got my daughter's boyfriend on his first turkey today. It came in on a rope and put on a nice show with lots of vocalization.
Is he addicted now?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #54
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoglock19 View Post
Is he addicted now?
I'm pretty sure he is tacoglock19. In the first series of pictures I took, he is admiring the bird and amazed at the beauty and size of it. He definitely had a good adrenaline rush, he'll be back for more.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #55

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he is tacoglock19. In the first series of pictures I took, he is admiring the bird and amazed at the beauty and size of it. He definitely had a good adrenaline rush, he'll be back for more.
Congrats to him!!!!

Man, my dad started me on hunting/fishing when I was 8 years old. I can't imagine myself NOT doing both for the rest of my life.

There is nothing like yelping and getting cut off with a gobble, then cutting and getting cut off again, then scratching in the leaves and waiting to hear that spit and drum. Turkeys have become quite the passion for me.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #56
Hikingwithguns is on a distinguished road

Hikingwithguns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice turkeys!

No luck here yet, been striking out on public land but I'll probably be able to hit a wilderness area for the closing weekend. Don't know if its the drought or what but not seeing the activity I have in the past.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #57
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
just got my first bow. Its a hoyt compound. Pretty stoked to start practicing with it. I definitely want to start hunting
Old 04-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Taco View Post
just got my first bow. Its a hoyt compound. Pretty stoked to start practicing with it. I definitely want to start hunting
Damn son, you went straight to the upper tier of bows right off the bat. Congrats. It's addicting. I have shoulder problems and had to give it up a few years back. There is definitely a sense of pride and accomplishment when you are able to bag game with a bow. Good luck to you.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #59
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoglock19 View Post
Damn son, you went straight to the upper tier of bows right off the bat. Congrats. It's addicting. I have shoulder problems and had to give it up a few years back. There is definitely a sense of pride and accomplishment when you are able to bag game with a bow. Good luck to you.
Thanks, My buddy upgraded his so he hooked me up with a sweet deal for his old one. I still need to mount the sites and get a trigger release.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #60
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Been out twice with no luck. My tacoma has been a repository of turkey gear for the past week. I have three dekes in there, plus my vest & binocs & SX3. Headed out again in 10 hours.