Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

who is ramping up for Spring Turkey hunting?

Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery

i cant believe it is just around the corner. super stoked!!

crazy how life is going by so fast..i still remember last years spring fun.

got a new shotgun this year, but i am electing to keep it all bow hunting. seems more tranquil to my local flock..they dont bust out of the valley, and i can get an attempt in for a second bird the next day.

just fine tuned my bow..broadheads are flying amazing out to 30 yards so far.

i just changed to a slider sight, and i havent sighted in my far pins yets..i am 90% sure my 40 yard pin is good too..been doing this long enough that my eyeballing is awful close.

(it is a 3-pin with slider)
Old 03-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
12 day. Nobody ?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
carphunter is on a distinguished road

Name: jeff
carphunter's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just waiting until next weekend. Last one I got was over 25lbs 10 1/2 inch beard.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
Bow is ready!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
LMBHNGR is on a distinguished road

Name: Tom
LMBHNGR's Tacoma Gallery
Good afternoon....my name is Tom & I'm a turkeyholic

I've been ready since the last day of last years season I'll be dirt napping in gobblers in WV, MA, VT, NH and maybe PA. Here's a little tribute I put together while I was going through withdraws in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct7-WuaATXE
Old 03-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
^wow!

Awesome your name is Tom. I'll kill Californian birds. Maybe sneak off to AZ to backpack in for a merriams.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:10 AM   #7
teamoverkill.net
bowtroll is on a distinguished road
bowtroll's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait… We were headed to Nebraska or SD for a Merriams but our plans got blown… Oh well… Ill get out there one of these days.
Here is a Maryland Tom from opening day last year….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Nx6...&feature=share
Old 03-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
Drought year and we expect a big storm on the opener. Mother Nature hates me.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
5 days and spring turkey opens here.
my list:
1. Find #4 3.5'' loads
2. go hunting
Old 03-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #10
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Me and my biddies are going to try going out to East county and hopefully find a couple gobblers. Its a first season at it, only scouted a few places but yet to see or hear anything. Planning on using my SuperNova but I need to get the red dot zeroed in first.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #11
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Scouted yesterday found over 40 birds about 6 gobs April can't come fast enough
Old 03-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
I've just had an apostrophe.
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Bah.
I'm looking forward to the season, but right now there's still 3 feet of snow in the woods where I hunt. I scouted it this past weekend; I kept breaking through and it was easily up to my crotch every time.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Bah.
I'm looking forward to the season, but right now there's still 3 feet of snow in the woods where I hunt. I scouted it this past weekend; I kept breaking through and it was easily up to my crotch every time.
Aww that sucks if it helps you feel any better it was 75 here yesterday
Old 03-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #14
I've just had an apostrophe.
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
Aww that sucks if it helps you feel any better it was 75 here yesterday

A couple of years ago I had the motorcycle out on my birthday. This year we got a snowstorm.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
coronacross is on a distinguished road
Marines: 2111 - 1st meu e-8
Name: jeremy
coronacross's Tacoma Gallery
im so ready for it... the green is back, the birds are chirping,, the hills come alive.. its like the whole world is re-born.. the calmness of the woods.. and just hearing a tom gobble the next holler over gets me pumped.. im so ready... best of luck to all...
Old 03-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #16
Lilhooter82 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Lilhooter82's Tacoma Gallery
I drew fifth season here in Illinois, so I still have sometime. Hopefully it warms up a bit
Old 03-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #17

My arrow rest blew up yesterday. Happy I have different rest in storage. Had to tune it again and resight bow. I thought I was effed!
I'm back.
who is ramping up for Spring Turkey hunting?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1395966659.281880.jpg
Old 03-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #18
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
opens saturday here. probably going to wait till next weekend and go. storming this weekend and i’ll be on a WMA kinda hope next weekend is not as busy.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #19
Banned
White Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhite Diamond is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Military Police
Name: David
White Diamond's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah! Going to Alabama! Where you huntin?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
southernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to behold
southernTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Season opened here on the 13th. I took my dad for the opener and called a bird in for him, had it flopping by 8:30 . I've been twice since then and aint found one for myself yet. Im waiting on daylight Sat morning to try it again.