Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Kahr pm9 rust

Old 03-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
Kahr pm9 rust

Thinking about getting a Kahr pm9. Read online about some people experiencing rust issues and others saying they have no problems. Any first hand experience with rust on your Kahr? Overall opinion of your pm9?
Old 03-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maconhurler View Post
Thinking about getting a Kahr pm9. Read online about some people experiencing rust issues and others saying they have no problems. Any first hand experience with rust on your Kahr? Overall opinion of your pm9?
I have a Kahr CM9 for about 4 years now, carry it all the time, no rust issues. Every time I clean it I polish the feed and make sure its really cleaned well.

Also it has been submerged in an a river once last year when I fell off the boat.

Wish I could speak to the PM9 but they are very similar in design.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
JDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDAM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDAM's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a PM9 for almost 10 years I think. No rust, and I carry it all the time. I don't even clean it as much as I would like to. Need to find a girlfriend that will clean guns for me.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
whereabouts is the rust supposedly occuring?... are they daily carry guns?...

i've heard, anecdotally, of folks saying they've got rust on their carry guns, ...of various makes/models... don't think i've had any issues w/ mine (a S&W M&P)...
Old 03-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
Spotting on the slide and rusted mag release. I can't help but think he somehow got a lemon. He said it started rusting within a week or so, daily carry.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i'd check the warranty, ...is it stainless steel?.. i don't own and kahrs, but from what i've heard they are well liked by many, ...hopefully a stand-up company on defects... daily carry can be quite "hard" on guns though, especially IWB and hot/humid climates... lint-buildup is also a problem over time... good to wipe the exterior w/ CLP or you favorite protectant along w/ running a CLP-coated patch down the barrel...
Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #8
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I have a Kahr CM9 for about 4 years now, carry it all the time, no rust issues. Every time I clean it I polish the feed and make sure its really cleaned well.

Also it has been submerged in an a river once last year when I fell off the boat.

Wish I could speak to the PM9 but they are very similar in design.
I carry a PM9 daily.
No rust, great function.
I also carry mine fishing(freshwater, no salt) and have no issues.
I am NOT anal about cleaning/wiping so this is a pretty realistic scenario.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #9
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
One of my co workers carries one on his ankle. He has had some MINOR issues with rust. I carry a Keltec P3AT and I have the same issues. I even have some rust on my duty gun P226. All of my duty/ work guns get cleaned once a week and are well oiled. It's all minor rust that easily wipes away. Some spots will leave a "stain" where it was, but not so bad that there is pitting. I guess it just depends where you live and how you use/carry your gun.
The salty air and beach sand gets on everything. We replace our ATV's every three years due to rust. We spray them off after every use, but that salty sand/air finds a way.