Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

PSA: This is why we can't have nice things...

Old 04-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
PSA: This is why we can't have nice things...

Everytime I go shooting in the desert, I come away with another truck full of other people's shit. This is how all of the best spots eventually get shut down.
If any of you shoot on BLM land, I hope you leave your shooting spots looking better than when you got there, because this kind of thing is attrocious and just another reason gun owners get a bad rap.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Pyrite Mica's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Thumbs up!

Thank you for being a fine example of a responsible patron! I plan to take bags and a dedicated space in my truck for others garbage the as I travel the forest roads this year.
While there should be no need for it (never should have been left there in the first place) if we all pick up a little as we travel through, we can help improve the area for those who pass through later.
Thanks again from an outdoor enthusiast and avid shooter!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
I can't stand that shit, same thing in our forests up here. Fucking disgusting. Awesome work
Old 04-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
I can't stand that shit, same thing in our forests up here. Fucking disgusting. Awesome work
Don't let OZ-T see this post! Go Canada

Unfortunately, the world is full of irresponsible and inconsiderate people. I maintain that the majority of public lands users are good patrons. It is a small subset that causes the damage. All we can really do is try to educate and pick up after them. In the end, those of us that do, are the better people for it.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrite Mica View Post
Don't let OZ-T see this post

Why
Old 04-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why
Because Canadians are perfect!
Just a little friendly banter from south of the border.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrite Mica View Post
Because Canadians are perfect!

Correct
Old 04-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Should have left the wood . Someone could have needed that for a fire
Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #11
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Another kudos to the OP. And very nice white Tacoma by the way. Even has the correct bumpers and wheels on it to boot...

Old 04-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #12
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Well done OP

Thank you for being a good example.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #13
LMBHNGR is on a distinguished road

Name: Tom
LMBHNGR's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting this & thanks for helping to keep our image as slobs low

I took my son out plinking with his 10/22 last summer on private property with permission even though I didn't have to ask. As we were cleaning up, the land owner showed up & asked why were we shooting off of a tarp? I told her, it was easier to clean up all the casing when we were done.

Her property was posted no hunting or trespassing & gated off some time in the fall. I stopped by around Christmas time to wish them a Merry Christmas & find out what happened. Turns out people just like you mentioned above were in there while they were out of town & left literally a dumpster of things they shot up along with thousands of spent casing.

Sad that people disrespect peoples property this way & ruin it for others Well they didn't ruin it for my son & I.....we now have a key to the gate & 250 acres! We can plink all we want, sight in our guns, hunt on the property as long as we let them know ahead of time
Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #14
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for cleaning up. Unfortunately there are a lot of disrespectful POS.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM   #15
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you man, I always clean up my own crap, but not other peoples... You have set the bar pretty high for my future outings.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #16
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
I hope others will follow your footsteps. I hate when people.leave their junk on BLM land.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I don't expect others to do the same as me. I just hope/wish they would simply clean up after themselves. I have the luxury of knowing where the giant dumpsters are on park land, so I can simply take it there. Otherwise it would be extremely difficult to do it everytime I'm out there.

I'm just glad there are so many like-minded folks on here!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #18
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Great job OP. I will be following your lead whenever I head out
Old 06-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
Dangerdave is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
As a wilderness guide I've hiked the vast majority of the trails in NC, TN, and SC. This is sadly how all public lands are. I can't tell you how much trash I've had to pack out cause people suck so bad. He'll last year at lake fontana in 8 days I filled an entire roll of contractor bags with trash and paddled them out. It was sad cause we didn't even make a dent
Old 06-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #20
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Good job! I could do that here but would need a dump truck. You should start scrapping the metal, free ammo money. Lol