Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

what was your first handgun?

Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #81
I've just had an apostrophe.
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandrews212 View Post
Getting my first one this month. It's going to be CZ 75 sp-01. They're super accurate and it's one of the wonder 9 pistols.
FYI;

"Wonder Nine" just refers to a semi-auto double stack 9mm with a DA trigger for at least the first shot. Pretty much every full-sized and compact DA 9mm meets those standards these days.

However, the CZ was one of the original Wonder Nines back in the 70's, if that's what you meant.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #82
nealkas will become famous soon enough
Marines: Motor T, other duties as required. ;-)
Name: nealkas
nealkas's Tacoma Gallery
Friend has something like this with a ...modified? choke... maybe, and a pistol grip.

We could seriously not believe how well you could shoot skeet with it.
One hand quick point. Heck, it kicked less than many handguns.
Made even me feel like Wyatt Earp and I'm mediocre at best.
Actually I stink.

Certainly be my close to medium Zombpocalypse piece.
Definitely a purple people eater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSteve View Post
Not my first but one of many "The Party Pooper"

Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #83
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealkas View Post
Friend has something like this with a ...modified? choke... maybe, and a pistol grip.

We could seriously not believe how well you could shoot skeet with it.
One hand quick point. Heck, it kicked less than many handguns.
Made even me feel like Wyatt Earp and I'm mediocre at best.
Actually I stink.

Certainly be my close to medium Zombpocalypse piece.
Definitely a purple people eater.
Lol.
Always surprising what guns work good for what. A couple of years ago I saw a guy with a Mossberg 500 tactical and a neck sling out deer hunting. I thought he was crazy at the time, but with that shorter stock and barrel it was probably a pretty handy little brush gun.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #84
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #86
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Taurus model 669 SS with a 6in. vent rib barrel. Wow i wish i still had that gun
Old 07-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #87
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo View Post
finger off the trigger!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo View Post
Pew! Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
finger off the trigger!!!
Yah, trigger discipline fail.
Of course, what else can you expect from a guy with a stick?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #89
Bandrews212 is on a distinguished road

Bandrews212's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
FYI;

"Wonder Nine" just refers to a semi-auto double stack 9mm with a DA trigger for at least the first shot. Pretty much every full-sized and compact DA 9mm meets those standards these days.

However, the CZ was one of the original Wonder Nines back in the 70's, if that's what you meant.
Ya, sorry for not clarifying. That is what I meant. Thanks
Old 07-10-2014, 12:13 AM   #90
Orangeneck
itaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud ofitaro has much to be proud of

itaro's Tacoma Gallery
First pistol I bought on my own was a Springfield XD9 service (4" barrel, 10 round mags in the state of kommiefornia). It was their "essentials" package for $400 with a promo that got me 3 more mags from the factory for free.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandrews212 View Post
Ya, sorry for not clarifying. That is what I meant. Thanks
Gotcha. Wanted to make sure you weren't expecting something it wasn't, haha!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #92
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
The first couple handguns I bought were pure junk. First couple good handguns I bought were a cz 40b and g35.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #93
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
first handgun was a browning hi power 9mm that was bought for me by my parents when i was ~10 y/o. still have it and still shoots well.

first one i purchased was a taurus 24/7 pro c ds .45. too thick for easy conceal in summer, but used it for my range test and went 50/50. wouldnt mind getting a single stack .40 or 9mm in it's place.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #94
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Pew! Pew!

Yah, trigger discipline fail.
Of course, what else can you expect from a guy with a stick?
Hope you have a tax stamp if it went "Pew!" more than once
Old 07-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Hope you have a tax stamp if it went "Pew!" more than once
That's only if it goes 'Pew-Pew-Pew-Pew!'
'Pew! Pew!' denotes separate trigger pulls.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #96
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
well I bought my first handgun last night, its a Smith and Wesson M&P .45 going to shoot it either tonight or tomorrow.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni1gvegfa1...710_194235.jpg
Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 AM   #98
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota4Whelz View Post
Nice..strongly considering this
I put a hundred rounds through it Saturday and loved every shot, I wish the trigger pull was lighter but that can be fixed
Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #99
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a g23 when I was 20, carried it on duty for several years, put a metric ton of lead down the pipe before I moved to a g35 for duty and the 23 was my carry piece to and from the lot.

I don't shoot it anymore but probably the 1 thats not for sale.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #100
atk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud of

atk411's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a G22, 40 S&W, just a month after picking up my first plinker, a mosin nagant