what was your first handgun?

Old 07-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #81
Bandrews212 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryce
Bandrews212's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
FYI;

"Wonder Nine" just refers to a semi-auto double stack 9mm with a DA trigger for at least the first shot. Pretty much every full-sized and compact DA 9mm meets those standards these days.

However, the CZ was one of the original Wonder Nines back in the 70's, if that's what you meant.
Ya, sorry for not clarifying. That is what I meant. Thanks
Old 07-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #83
I'm a man..But I can Change..If I have to..I guess
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wedding Vegetables
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandrews212 View Post
Ya, sorry for not clarifying. That is what I meant. Thanks
Gotcha. Wanted to make sure you weren't expecting something it wasn't, haha!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #84
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
The first couple handguns I bought were pure junk. First couple good handguns I bought were a cz 40b and g35.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #85
Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
first handgun was a browning hi power 9mm that was bought for me by my parents when i was ~10 y/o. still have it and still shoots well.

first one i purchased was a taurus 24/7 pro c ds .45. too thick for easy conceal in summer, but used it for my range test and went 50/50. wouldnt mind getting a single stack .40 or 9mm in it's place.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #86
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Pew! Pew!

Yah, trigger discipline fail.
Of course, what else can you expect from a guy with a stick?
Hope you have a tax stamp if it went "Pew!" more than once
Old 07-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #87
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Hope you have a tax stamp if it went "Pew!" more than once
That's only if it goes 'Pew-Pew-Pew-Pew!'
'Pew! Pew!' denotes separate trigger pulls.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #88
friggin rad
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
well I bought my first handgun last night, its a Smith and Wesson M&P .45 going to shoot it either tonight or tomorrow.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni1gvegfa1...710_194235.jpg
Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 AM   #90
friggin rad
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota4Whelz View Post
Nice..strongly considering this
I put a hundred rounds through it Saturday and loved every shot, I wish the trigger pull was lighter but that can be fixed
Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #91
Master of all I survey.
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a g23 when I was 20, carried it on duty for several years, put a metric ton of lead down the pipe before I moved to a g35 for duty and the 23 was my carry piece to and from the lot.

I don't shoot it anymore but probably the 1 thats not for sale.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #92
atk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud ofatk411 has much to be proud of

Name: Anthony
atk411's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a G22, 40 S&W, just a month after picking up my first plinker, a mosin nagant
Old 07-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #93
Enigma8246 is on a distinguished road

Name: Lee
Enigma8246's Tacoma Gallery
My first handgun was a Bersa Thunder .380. I sold it and missed it to the point that I bought another one a few years after selling. Now I switch back and forth between carrying it and a Glock 30S.

There are a lot of good guns out there and a lot of crap ones (I will never own another Taurus). Just do your research on the gun, ammo (& availability), ballistics of the ammo you choose and the pros and cons of revolver v. semi-auto. The absolute best advice anyone can give as far as buying a gun is to find a range that rents them or a friend that owns what you’re interested in. You can read a million reviews online but you never know how it actually shoots until you do it. Once you get it, practice, practice, practice. Shoot regularly and get snap caps for dry fire practice of trigger control.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #94
Sean266's Lover
Aces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shedAces and 8s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Aces and 8s's Tacoma Gallery
First handgun was a Glock 22 RTF from the girlfriend (now wife) as a 22nd bday present :-)
Old 08-07-2014, 07:04 AM   #96
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger P90 9mm. A little bulky and the grips are large, but I still have it.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #97
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
My first that I bought, was a CZ85b.
The first one that was given to me was a Colt 1903. I really should have kept that gun, still regret selling it to this day.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Smith and Wesson 5906. The brick, shoots any 9mm got it for 300 dollars and been shooting it since 1989
I've got one of those; picked it up as a LEO trade-in a couple of years ago. Put some tritium night sites on it. Super accurate gun, and I love that microscopic trigger reset when you're shooting it in SA mode. Had trouble with it cycling when I first got it (FTE's) but I replaced the recoil spring and the mag springs and haven't had a single issue with it since.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #99
ArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedArcherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
ArcherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The first one I bought was actually two...A Sig P200 in .45 that is my favorite handgun to this day and a little ruger .380 that is surprisingly comfortable to shoot and carry.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #100
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow