Notices

Tyler T-Grip for small Revolvers

Old 08-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Rifleman not a cook, Appleseed program
Tackleberry is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Tackleberry's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler T-Grip for small Revolvers

I just pick up an old used S&W 38 revolver, and a guy in the shop suggested getting a Tyler T-grip for it
My gun is simular to the one in the pic below and the t-grip is shown in black. Has anyone tried one of these?

Thank you in advance for your input
Old 09-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
Petrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler T-grips are used to fill the grip area between the front of the grip and the trigger guard. They are an excellent addition to any small revolver and I've used them on many guns. The T-grip greatly improves the small factory grip of many revolvers.
Craig Spegel "Boot grips" or Eagle Grips "Secret Service Grips" accomplish the same function of filling the area in front of the grip frame without increasing the bulk of overall bulk of the gun. The advantage of the T-grip adaptor is that it is relatively inexpensive and allows the retention of the factory grip panels. Some people prefer the nostalgic look of the T-grip. In any event, the Tyler T-grip is a very useful addition to factory grips.
A couple of notes: they come in different finishes - pick the one you want. Install them by placing the copper tabs between the grip frame and the grip panels - do not bend the tabs around the grip frame. The friction supplied by tightening the grip panels is more than enough to keep them in place.
Tyler is a small family run company and they are very honest. They sometimes have delays in production and shipping but you will get your order and they will stand behind their product.
Good Luck and enjoy your S&W, they are great guns.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Tylers are cool if you like the factory grips. I think the important question is - what revolver did you get???
Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #5

Sent my PO check in on 8/8/2014, but still waiting. I understand this is a mom&pop place but I looked them up in the BBB and his Tylers rating is an F.
8 complaints for delivery of goods. Looks like I am out the 38.00 dollars. Going to look into a set of Boot Grips
Old 10-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Tylers are cool if you like the factory grips. I think the important question is - what revolver did you get???

SW 38
Mod 35 Nickle
Looks like the one in the picture, Sweet little shooter
Old 10-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
Tyler T-grips are used to fill the grip area between the front of the grip and the trigger guard. They are an excellent addition to any small revolver and I've used them on many guns. The T-grip greatly improves the small factory grip of many revolvers.
Craig Spegel "Boot grips" or Eagle Grips "Secret Service Grips" accomplish the same function of filling the area in front of the grip frame without increasing the bulk of overall bulk of the gun. The advantage of the T-grip adaptor is that it is relatively inexpensive and allows the retention of the factory grip panels. Some people prefer the nostalgic look of the T-grip. In any event, the Tyler T-grip is a very useful addition to factory grips.
A couple of notes: they come in different finishes - pick the one you want. Install them by placing the copper tabs between the grip frame and the grip panels - do not bend the tabs around the grip frame. The friction supplied by tightening the grip panels is more than enough to keep them in place.
Tyler is a small family run company and they are very honest. They sometimes have delays in production and shipping but you will get your order and they will stand behind their product.
Good Luck and enjoy your S&W, they are great guns.
Sent my PO check in on 8/8/2014, but still waiting. I understand this is a mom&pop place but I looked them up in the BBB and his Tylers rating is an F.
8 complaints for delivery of goods. How much do you know about Tyler?? Are they still in business?
Old 10-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
Petrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
It's been a while since I've ordered from them but I never had a problem. They are a really small operation and I think the guy that casts the aluminum parts is also the guy that answers the phone. I never had problems with them but I did learn that they make grip adaptors in batches, so you may have to wait for a particular run.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
By the way, this system isn't for everyone but it is an option:
http://snubtraining.wordpress.com/20...-carry-system/

Not endorsing it, just tossing it out there.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #10
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
has the check been cashed?
Old 10-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #11
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
if you're worried about your order, call them.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #12
MateoTorgy is on a distinguished road

Name: Mateo
MateoTorgy's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of modding your gun with this part, couldn't you just get a decent after market grip that provides the same surface in the butt to trigger guard area? My LCR came with a Hogue Tamer. Check it out. I love it. The gun weighs around 12 ounces and +P ammo is a breeze through the 1 7/8 barrel.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #14

Quote:
if you're worried about your order, call them.

I can find a phone number for them. The web site is very limited, do you have a phone number for them by any chance?
Old 10-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #15

Quote:
By the way, this system isn't for everyone but it is an option:
http://snubtraining.wordpress.com/20...-carry-system/

Not endorsing it, just tossing it out there.
That is a neet idea,but they are useing the same part I am waiting on, I like the grip with the "clip" attached
Old 10-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #16
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.t-grips.com/
Old 10-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #17
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Like: 405-625-4992
Old 10-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Looks Like: 405-625-4992
Thank you, I never scrooled down that far, I just saw what I wanted to order and ordered it. You say it is a small business I will give him another month and than call
thank you for the insite
Tack